Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Nominees Reactions (Part 3)

2022 Grammy Nominees Reactions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 484 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
8 hours ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
aj
TomJerry
Cameron
  • Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

Then why did Montero make it over Positions in ROTY or even SOTY? MONTERO 6th place BPVA.

wider appeal

FYC - Adrianne Lenker | Wolf Alice | Indigo de Souza

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: honest-yam-896)!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

wider appeal

Why didn’t that wider appeal get him in BPSP?

edit: Pretty sure Rap voters vote in Pop. Doja Cat.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

Why didn’t that wider appeal get him in BPSP?

Because rap voters didn’t vote in Pop…

You can’t vote in every field, there’s a maximum of 3…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    samisimac
    Topics:

I really find it sad that Monteto has a hard time getting to ROTY, I really believed that this song would be one of the contenders in this category.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

That article can’t fool us. R&B Song category would’ve said otherwise.

Brandi Carlile and Lil Nas X Top 5 in a hypothetical Pop Song category. Whereas Peaches missed out on a 5 spot R&B Song category.

(MONTERO) Definitely Top 4 in a hypothetical Pop Song category.

I’m sure MONTERO is above Peaches in SOTY. Pop categories are just extremely suspicious.

Then why did Montero make it over Positions in ROTY or even SOTY?

MONTERO 6th place BPVA.

The New York Times isn’t trying to “fool” you. The truth of the article exposing corrupt Grammy practices is correct. It’s not supposed to serve as a guide to every instance of fluke occurrences.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jarg
    Topics:

i just realized, that BAD HABITS WAS IN THE TOP 8 FOR SOTY ALREADY???

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

This is so disrespectful to both Kanye and Taylor. Also, hella suspicious. I hope they both don’t show up for this embarrassing awards show again. It’s better to be snubbed than be made a mockery for through click bait articles.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

I think the controversies around Montero (song) and Montero (album) really hurt Lil Nas X chances and it’s sad because it was the biggest song of 2021 just after Drivers License and the album was critically acclaimed. Anyways, he still could win 2 Grammys for Best Music Video and Best Melodic Rap Performance. He has more chances of winning something than Doja or Justin having 3 nominations more.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

He’s Top 8 in both SOTY and AOTY. He’s winning, just less Pop nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JLangston
    Topics:

I like lil nas x but montero the song was not soo good as you all make it out to be. Imo industry baby deserved a roty 100% but i get the nom for montero because of the impact

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

I agree Industry Baby is better than Montero CMBYN and it’s more deserving of ROTY and SOTY nomination but CMBYN was biggest hit so the submission is understood.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Rap Voters could easily go with someone else other than Lil Nas in Melodic Rap.

He was only taking Best Music Video anyway.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

It was obvious that they expanded the categories last minute to include more big names. And now it’s obvious that those names were Swift and Kanye. I don’t think it says much other than Swift and Kanye are very unlikely to win AOTY and that Harvey is a bit shady (though I still wouldn’t completely count Swift out). I don’t really think this affects Doja. Nor do I feel SOTY was expanded to include KMM. They had to expand that category if they were also gonna expand AOTY and ROTY. And she was always gonna have a tough time winning something (though I think she has more of a chance to win a couple than some believe). Justin sure can get nods. But we also have to remember that nominations don’t equate to wins.

This does re-ignite some of the controversy last year, with folks feeling like the committees and panels purposely overlooked some big contenders so Swift would have an easier path to AOTY. The academy is made up of some shady and corrupt bytches. They can’t go a year without some BS.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

I don’t think the expansion means those “Bottom 2” literally have zero chance of winning, we all know that voters (nomination) and voters (winners) do not necessarily similar. Factor of laziness and lack of exposure are not that significant anymore during second voting period, it’s up to voters whether they like the music or not and this involves tens of thousands of voters, very big group compared to those who involve in first voting period.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

For what exactly? He literally pissed on a grammy. It should be the other way around. LMAO. What is it so special about him?

He’s one of the most acclaimed rapper of all time with a large fandom. Of course, he is special in terms of his standing in the industry.

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 484 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.