Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Nominees Reactions (Part 3)

2022 Grammy Nominees Reactions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 491 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
aj
TomJerry
Cameron
  • Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Narrative is def a fair point and I can see Olivia benefitting from that. It’s a really tight top 4 and I’ll prob swap the order around a billion times before Jan 31.

Since the gf rarely splits, for SOTY I think: LTDO > HTE > DL >>>>>>>> Peaches > Fight For You >>>>>>> Right On Time > A Beautiful Noise > KMM > Montero > Bad Habits

Only real change from ROTY is that Brandi is much lower due to vote-splitting.

You believe vote-splitting now 😂

After my multiple explanations 😂😂

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mary
    Topics:

This might be a stupid question, but I’m still new to all of this. How does vote splitting work? And does it have a significant impact on voting?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Question: After nominations does everyone start off with a clean slate? Is the voting body bigger? Does having multiple nods necessarily mean anything? Last year the most nominated acts walked home with 1-2 trophies each.

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM: evermore, Montero, Planet Her, SOUR
    RECORD: Happier than Ever, Driver’s License, Leave the Door Open
    SONG: Driver’s License
    BNA: Olivia Rodrigo
    POP SOLO: Driver’s License
    POP ALBUM: SOUR
    POP DUO: Kiss me More
    MUSIC VIDEO: Montero, Good 4 U

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

You believe vote-splitting now 😂

After my multiple explanations 😂😂

The difference between Black Parade/Savage and Right On Time/A Beautiful Noise is that there was a clear favorite of the two Beyoncé songs. There isn’t a clear favorite of the two Brandi songs, as shown by ABN beating it in 1st round and how baity the credits of ABN are

Beyond that, not sure why a ‘Montero is locked in BPVA!!!’ and ‘Justice was bottom 2!!!’ predictor is trying it.

Give Ariana DeBose an oscar

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

This might be a stupid question, but I’m still new to all of this. How does vote splitting work? And does it have a significant impact on voting?

Vote-splitting happens because of the genre voters. This isn’t always the case, but we can assume that most country voters will vote for country acts in the general field, most pop voters will vote for pop, and so on. If there are multiple pop nominees in Song of the Year, there’s a higher chance of the votes from the pop fans being scattered, with each song only getting a couple votes, a fraction of the overall. If there’s only one R&B nominee, you can assume the vast majority of the R&B voters will be throwing their support behind that song and could end up finishing higher overall because the support is more concentrated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    GrammyLoser
    Topics:

I feel bad for Arooj Aftab. I love her and this whole “bottom 2” thing just feels high-key embarrassing and demotivating. I can’t believe this happened AND it also got leaked. Grammys are a mess.

Well, she made the top 10. That’s still incredible for her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mary
    Topics:

Vote-splitting happens because of the genre voters. This isn’t always the case, but we can assume that most country voters will vote for country acts in the general field, most pop voters will vote for pop, and so on. If there are multiple pop nominees in Song of the Year, there’s a higher chance of the votes from the pop fans being scattered, with each song only getting a couple votes, a fraction of the overall. If there’s only one R&B nominee, you can assume the vast majority of the R&B voters will be throwing their support behind that song and could end up finishing higher overall because the support is more concentrated.

Thank you!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

The difference between Black Parade/Savage and Right On Time/A Beautiful Noise is that there was a clear favorite of the two Beyoncé songs. There isn’t a clear favorite of the two Brandi songs, as shown by ABN beating it in 1st round and how baity the credits of ABN are

Beyond that, not sure why a ‘Montero is locked in BPVA!!!’ and ‘Justice was bottom 2!!!’ predictor is trying it.

It’s a bit bullsh*t that just because you had a higher score in the Grammys that you’ve been flaunting it. You’ve clearly been predicting the Grammys longer than i do.

Quite frankly i’m done with this debate.

Sorry if it makes me look stupid but I sure as hell know this is just a similar case with The Weeknd. I’ve been doing the absolute most trying to avoid it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    usk
    Topics:

it’s not like that Kiss Me More was gonna be in SOTY 100%. This doesn’t hurt Doja’s chances in any way. i still think Pop Duo is hers cuz pop voters clearly like her. And Montero missing ROTY and making it in SOTY with a “shoot a child in my mouth while im riding” line?? i just don’t get it. And also Peaches making it in SOTY over KMM is so impressive, we shouldn’t underestimate him.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

And Montero missing ROTY and making it in SOTY with a “shoot a child in my mouth while im riding” line??

These are the voters that nominated Best Friend for songwriting LMAO they’re shameless.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

These are the voters that nominated Best Friend for songwriting LMAO they’re shameless.

what you laughing? i personally think “beep beep is that my bestie in a tessie?” is one of the greatest lines ever written.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mary
    Topics:

it’s not like that Kiss Me More was gonna be in SOTY 100%. This doesn’t hurt Doja’s chances in any way. i still think Pop Duo is hers cuz pop voters clearly like her. And Montero missing ROTY and making it in SOTY with a “shoot a child in my mouth while im riding” line?? i just don’t get it. And also Peaches making it in SOTY over KMM is so impressive, we shouldn’t underestimate him.

Agreed! I think it’s very interesting that a lot of people personally want KMM to win Pop Duo but are certain IGAKOOY will win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

I still think Justin Bieber is not winning a damn thing. Pop is not choosing him over Olivia/Billie and to a large extent, Ariana too. Ariana is more awarded and well liked within pop.

Though, I’ll concede, he might be above Doja in BPVA.

Ariana is completely out of the race this year. The fact that she couldn’t make top 10 in any of the big 3 shows voters had no passion for her this year. Justin is definitely ahead of her in their categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

IDK, I personally think “I want the jet lag from fucking and flying” is a SOTY worthy lyric.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Ariana is completely out of the race this year. The fact that she couldn’t make top 10 in any of the big 3 shows voters had no passion for her this year. Justin is definitely ahead of her in their categories.

I could totally see Ariana pulling a Kelly/Harry against the sad girls. We’ve seen time and time again that general field support means shit in Pop.

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM: evermore, Montero, Planet Her, SOUR
    RECORD: Happier than Ever, Driver’s License, Leave the Door Open
    SONG: Driver’s License
    BNA: Olivia Rodrigo
    POP SOLO: Driver’s License
    POP ALBUM: SOUR
    POP DUO: Kiss me More
    MUSIC VIDEO: Montero, Good 4 U

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 491 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.