Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Nominees Reactions (Part 3)

2022 Grammy Nominees Reactions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 491 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
aj
TomJerry
Cameron
  • Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

While her Grammy nod is certainly a breakthrough moment, the Pakistani artist is no stranger to the awards circuit. Last year, Aftab picked up her first Latin Grammy in the best rap/hip-hop category for contributing to Residente’s “Antes Que El Mundo Se Acabe” as a backing vocalist. She also took home a Student Academy Award in 2020 for composing the music to Karishma Dev Dube’s short film Bittu, which also made the shortlist that year at the Oscars in the live action short film category.

While BNA is almost certainly a done deal for Olivia and Finneas is the only one who can theoretically upset, I have decided to put Arooj 3rd. I know she came bottom 2 during 1st round but getting the nomination with so little name recognition suggests she has passion. I honestly see a scenario where she pulls an Esperanza Spalding happening before Saweetie/Kid Laroi etc. win.

Give Ariana DeBose an oscar

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Yeah Ariana missing the GF is really surprising. evermore and Montero both making top 10 in AOTY over her shows that cross-genre appeal is still important. Ariana gets her pop nods but her support is solely concentrated there and that’s often not enough for the GF.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

The way even with 2 additional nominees the voters said NO to Butter in ROTY

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    norman
    Topics:

recent pop solo winners like watermelon sugar, joanne, shape of you, all didnt get any GF nominations. not saying positions is winning but i just wanted to point that out

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Che
    Topics:

recent pop solo winners like watermelon sugar, joanne, shape of you, all didnt get any GF nominations. not saying positions is winning but i just wanted to point that out

Shape of You was blocked by a commitee, otherwise it probably would’ve swept the GF. Watermelon Sugar wasn’t submitted if I remember correctly, but it’s likely that his other submission was blocked too. Shallow was Gaga’s submission that year and it was nominated. But Positions failed to make the top 10 on a straight vote, so that’s saying something.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

I could totally see Ariana pulling a Kelly/Harry against the sad girls. We’ve seen time and time again that general field support means shit in Pop.

It’s not gonna happen. She’s totally last lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    norman
    Topics:

Shape of You was blocked by a commitee, otherwise it probably would’ve swept the GF. Watermelon Sugar wasn’t submitted if I remember correctly, but it’s likely that his other submission was blocked too. Shallow was Gaga’s submission that year and it was nominated. But Positions failed to make the top 10 on a straight vote, so that’s saying something.

thanks i didn’t know all of that

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

The only person who can pull an upset in Pop Solo is Brandi.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

I could totally see Ariana pulling a Kelly/Harry against the sad girls. We’ve seen time and time again that general field support means shit in Pop.

I don’t know how many times it needs to be repeated that there was a review committee in the general field in those years and there wasn’t this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Robinladen
    Topics:

Ariana is obviously floating dead on the water. The material is old by now, she abonded the era quickly, it was a commercial decline from TUN and she’s not very present at the moment during voting. She’ll probably finish last in both her categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PersonalCoochiePopper
    Topics:

i still think lnx will win something, unless they decide to give gaga and tony best music video 💀 and as for justin i think he could win r&b performance

Justin is for sure going 0/8 babe lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Robinladen
    Topics:

The way even with 2 additional nominees the voters said NO to Butter in ROTY

They’re honestly very lucky for two years in a row now we only have two competitive nominees in pop duo/group and they need three fillers. If Tony/Gaga win I do am excited for ‘listen here you sick twisted white demon, when I catch you miss Lady Gaga, I swear to god I will drag you and I will beat your ass’ the remix.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

Tony/Gaga winning BMV would be the biggest kii of all nn

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

just saw the combined odds for roty and literally everyone has votes except justin 😭 people must really dislike him on here cause even abba has votes

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lilac
    Topics:

They’re honestly very lucky for two years in a row now we only have two competitive nominees in pop duo/group and they need three fillers. If Tony/Gaga win I do am excited for ‘listen here you sick twisted white demon, when I catch you miss Lady Gaga, I swear to god I will drag you and I will beat your ass’ the remix.

damn i may be the one doing the remix if they end up going 6/6

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 491 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.