Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Nominees Reactions (Part 3)

2022 Grammy Nominees Reactions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 491 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
aj
TomJerry
Cameron
  • Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

FINNEAS and PHERB winning would be the downright most disgusting best new artist win next to his boring sister. Such a slap in the face to Olivia who undoubtedly is the best new artist to come out in the last new decade. As Gucci would say: BARF!

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM: evermore, Montero, Planet Her, SOUR
    RECORD: Happier than Ever, Driver’s License, Leave the Door Open
    SONG: Driver’s License
    BNA: Olivia Rodrigo
    POP SOLO: Driver’s License
    POP ALBUM: SOUR
    POP DUO: Kiss me More
    MUSIC VIDEO: Montero, Good 4 U

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PersonalCoochiePopper
    Topics:

FINNEAS and PHERB winning would be the downright most disgusting best new artist win next to his boring sister. Such a slap in the face to Olivia who undoubtedly is the best new artist to come out in the last new decade. As Gucci would say: BARF!

Love the Phineas & Ferb reference lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mary
    Topics:

tbh only Olivia and Justin will leave emptyhanded, sorry. Finneas could take the BNA (Olivia biggest chance) but hey at least Olivia won’t have to deal with the BNA curse like Megan, Meghan, Lorde, Macklemore and Alessia.

I don’t see Olivia leaving emptyhanded, but Justin definitely is leaving without wins. I’m going back and forth with SOUR and Happier Than Ever because both can easily win the categories they’re both in. With Finneas, I don’t understand how he’s even nominated for BNA when he’s a Grammy winner himself. If he were to win BNA, all hell would break loose.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Love the Phineas & Ferb reference lol

honestly the eyelash O’Connell siblings look like them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alex.g
    Topics:

Honey, NARAS is corrupt. I do NOT give a shit what anyone says. No fucking way are these the actual nominees based on a straight vote.

I’m sure we’ve been through this before. There is a good chance that just a small percentage of NARAS members even bother voting in the nomination round.

WHISTLEBLOWERS: Some Grammy insiders are exasperated and pissing outside the tent over a selection process they claim has been broken for well over a decade—so broken, in fact, that of the 13k eligible voters, fewer than 500 voted in the first round.

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=320020

The first round belongs to the artists (and their managers) that are good at lobbying for votes.

There are some rules in place that are meant to limit vote trading/voter lobbying/voting blocks and perhaps they get enforced from time to time, but we never hear about them being enforced.

In the first round, name recognition means a lot too (voters are picking from a huge list – over 1000 artists and songs in some cases) and as some people have mentioned, alphabetical order.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

The first round belongs to the artists (and their managers) that are good at lobbying for votes. There are some rules in place that are meant to limit vote trading/voter lobbying/voting blocks and perhaps they get enforced from time to time, but we never hear about them being enforced.

In the first round, name recognition means a lot too (voters are picking from a huge list – over 1000 artists and songs in some cases) and as some people have mentioned, alphabetical order.

The Recording Academy said yesterday that this year had the highest amount of voting ever though.

Why can’t yall accept that music industry people aren’t going to only care for top 40 hits?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alex.g
    Topics:

tbh only Olivia and Justin will leave emptyhanded, sorry. Finneas could take the BNA (Olivia biggest chance) but hey at least Olivia won’t have to deal with the BNA curse like Megan, Meghan, Lorde, Macklemore and Alessia.

Lorde was never nominated for BNA and lost her eligibility in her first year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    V For Vendetta
    Topics:

I’m so happy Morgan Wallen got snubbed. I mean I didn’t believe he would actually get nominated, but still…

AOTY - Back Of My Mind/DONDA

Academy Award For Best Original Song 2022 - "Be Alive" by Beyonce

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alex.g
    Topics:

The Recording Academy said yesterday that this year had the highest amount of voting ever though. Why can’t yall accept that music industry people aren’t going to only care for top 40 hits?

What were the numbers?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Why does the academy nominate Justin for so much crap? He never wins! Such a damn waste of a slot, specially in the general field. Peaches is a Song of the Year nominee over “willow”, “star crossed”, “Telepatía”, heck even”positions”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Olivia is not losing BNA. The past 3 BNA’s have remained very successful. Lorde didn’t even get nominated for BNA. And Doja is also leaving empty-handed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

The Recording Academy said yesterday that this year had the highest amount of voting ever though. Why can’t yall accept that music industry people aren’t going to only care for top 40 hits?

Seriously. People assume that just because a song they don’t regularly listen to gets in that it’s corrupt.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Why does the academy nominate Justin for so much crap? He never wins! Such a damn waste of a slot, specially in the general field. Peaches is a Song of the Year nominee over “willow”, “star crossed”, “Telepatía”, heck even”positions”

Obviously if those didn’t get in, they most likely weren’t winning either. And Kacey’s entry was “Camera Roll.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Obviously if those didn’t get in, they most likely weren’t winning either. And Kacey’s entry was “Camera Roll.”

of course they weren’t but those songs deserve recognition way more than damn Peaches.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I hope the voters are not stupid enough to give Finneas BNA over Olivia. I don’t even like the girl, but it’s totally unfair that this dude has so many awards, yet is still eligible for BNA.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 491 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.