Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Nominees Reactions (Part 3)

2022 Grammy Nominees Reactions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 481 through 491 (of 491 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
aj
TomJerry
Cameron
  • Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Drake withdrawing his two nominations is so weird to me. Like, IF he really did withdraw his nominations because of Kanye, then that’s incredibly petty and ridiculous. It would’ve been the ideal option to not even submit CLB for consideration. Plus, I feel like him submitting and withdrawing his nominations is taking away from other deserving artists who weren’t nominated.

Exactly. Whatever his reasons are, withdrawing at the last moment is so damn weird and unfair to the artists who came in 6th. Surely these decisions can be taken before deciding to submit? And why are such things even allowed?

The Grammys can’t go without a controversy each year and they’re inconsistent af. Expanding nominees at the last moment … removing credits… artists withdrawing nominations. They should take a step back and resolve their internal conflicts because this looks like a clown show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

my honest perception:

Drake knows he’s not frontrunner in any of those categories

Kanye is

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I thought Kanye and Drake cleaned up what ever mess was between them. I really don’t think it has anything to do with Kanye. I do know that Drake’s dislike for the Grammys started around the time Nothing Was The Same came out. I recall he was scheduled to perform at the Grammy Nominations Concert that year because he believed he was a frontrunner for an AOTY nomination. He pulled out at the last minute. This was the same year where Kendrick and Macklemore were nominated over him. Then he went to Rolling Stone and made some comments about Macklemore trying to suck up to Kendrick after their Rap Album win, then he went off on Rolling Stone for misconstruing his words. After that, it was complaint after complaint after complaint about the Grammys.

Drake has a history of being arrogant as if he’s owed Grammys because of his commercial success. The Grammys are extremely flawed, and this has been said a gazillion times, but I feel as though a lot of these artists are very narcissistic and seek approval, even when they say they don’t. But these same people never even attend the “black award shows.” It’s very funny to me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Drake confuses me. One minute he’s cheerily drinking liquor from a Grammy statue and accepting an award on stage. Then the next minute he’s withdrawing nominations. Is it because Certified Lover Boy failed to receive an Album of the Year nomination? If so then that’s a very petty reason. Despite the sales/streams, it wasn’t a very well received project. So maybe it isn’t voters who didn’t come through…it was his music. These fake woke Anti-Grammy artists like Drake, Jay-Z, & Kanye come off as very hypocritical.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Swift has nothing to do with drake or any of his recent decisions regarding the Grammys so I don’t get your reasoning for bringing her up. She isn’t the one telling her fans to go commit death threats towards these alleged ex boyfriends. She also has never mention anyone’s name in her music. On the other hand there is legit video footage of Drake being a nasty pig, inviting underage fans and kissing them on stage.

I have to agree with this. It isn’t Taylor’s fault that she has crazy fans. On the never mention anyones name point, that’s mostly accurate but she literally has a song called “Dear John” so… Drake is horrid as a person and an artist, glad that he guaranteed he won’t get rewarded

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

FYCs I was able to find on the HitsDD website. Includes Tony Bennett/Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, Benny Blanco, BTS, Cruella, Dear Evan Hansen, Billie Eilish, Finneas, Selena Gomez, Miranda Lambert, Kacey Musgraves, Olivia Rodrigo, Kali Uchis, Wandavision and Kanye West

Give Ariana DeBose an oscar

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

This should be illegal. This could easily be used as a loophole especially for artists desperate to win.

They should make a rule that nominations can only be revoked before the 2nd round voting starts or 24 hours/ within a day before the beginning of second-round voting.

And they should go by ranking and automatically go for the 6th place by default.

They should always fulfill the 5 spots for nominations.

If the disqualification comes from the Academy, (some illegalities committed, etc.) then replacements shouldn’t be enforced.

If the revocation comes from the nominee/s themselves then the Academy should go default by ranking.

Nominees pulling out the last minute just seems ungrateful to all the voters who gave their votes/support. Most importantly ruins the validity and importance of the selection process.

This is a peer-to-peer voting process and the voters deserve their votes to not be wasted and to be counted literally and figuratively.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

This should be illegal. This could easily be used as a loophole especially for artists desperate to win.

They should make a rule that nominations can only be revoked before the 2nd round voting starts or 24 hours/ within a day before the beginning of second-round voting.

And they should go by ranking and automatically go for the 6th place by default.

They should always fulfill the 5 spots for nominations.

If the disqualification comes from the Academy, (some illegalities committed, etc.) then replacements shouldn’t be enforced.

If the revocation comes from the nominee/s themselves then the Academy should go default by ranking.

Nominees pulling out the last minute just seems ungrateful to all the voters who gave their votes/support. Most importantly ruins the validity and importance of the selection process.

This is a peer-to-peer voting process and the voters deserve their votes to not be wasted and to be counted literally and figuratively.

i agree. It’s also a slap on the face to those who couldn’t get nominated

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM: evermore, Montero, Planet Her, SOUR
    RECORD: Happier than Ever, Driver’s License, Leave the Door Open
    SONG: Driver’s License
    BNA: Olivia Rodrigo
    POP SOLO: Driver’s License
    POP ALBUM: SOUR
    POP DUO: Kiss me More
    MUSIC VIDEO: Montero, Good 4 U

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

i agree. It’s also a slap on the face to those who couldn’t get nominated

Yes. Voters could’ve also easily placed their votes to other artists who they knew would’ve deserved a nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hoagy
    Topics:

The Drake thing in general (as well as most mainstream artists who are publicly anti-Grammys) just comes off so fake and dishonest to me.

At best, he “embarrassed” the Academy. At worst, if rescinding his nominations were part of his plan from the beginning, he essentially knew that he’d possibly be taking a nomination spot away from someone if he did get nominated for his work after submitting it.

One thing I’ve seen online to excuse it is “Labels/management handle submissions so Drake probably didn’t know!!!” as if Drake hasn’t had public beef with the Grammys since the early 2010s and doesn’t have immense clout in the industry. Surely if the Weeknd could tell Republic to not submit his work then Drake could.

I’m struggling to see where the 5D chess moves are that other people—not necessarily here—are seeing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Goldwing
    Topics:

Sidenote: I think its funny how people want the grammys to move away from charts but yet will complain when H.E.R., Jon Batiste and Brandi get lots of noms.

Darlings bother me too, there is also no real effort to get nominated.

Hi.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 11 posts - 481 through 491 (of 491 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.