Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Submissions

2022 Grammy Submissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 1,288 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Deemy
nxddyfs
aj
  • Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

https://youtu.be/gNFVLsTei0E Ballots weren’t searchable before? Should be much easier to find submissions this year, then. Hopefully Natalie doesn’t abandon us this time around.

it’s not abandoning us, she’s not allowed to share them because of a new rule. At least not publicly

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

https://youtu.be/gNFVLsTei0E

Ballots weren’t searchable before? Should be much easier to find submissions this year, then. Hopefully Natalie doesn’t abandon us this time around.

IIRC, you could only look for people inside a specific category. So, let’s say you opened the ballot for Best R&B Song, you could look up the contenders on a search bar.

However, this new feature allows voters to look for names in all categories before they vote. It’s probably due to the fact that voting is more limited cross genres now. Voters have to select which fields they will vote for prior to casting their votes, and are limited to 3 fields and 10 categories. So, if you really want to vote for, let’s say, Halsey, you can look up where and what Halsey submitted and then select those fields.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

https://youtu.be/gNFVLsTei0E Ballots weren’t searchable before? Should be much easier to find submissions this year, then. Hopefully Natalie doesn’t abandon us this time around.

I think this will be helpful for artists who submitted to multiple genres/fields. For example: let’s imagine that Billie submitted to the Dance and Classical fields. If a voter really wants to vote for her and is specialized in those fields, they will vote for her. The voter might not know too much about pop, but they know Billie and are willing to vote for her if she submitted in a category he can easily “namecheck” her. I hope this makes sense….

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

I think this will be helpful for artists who submitted to multiple genres/fields. For example: let’s imagine that Billie submitted to the Dance and Classical fields. If a voter really wants to vote for her and is specialized in those fields, they will vote for her. The voter might not know too much about pop, but they know Billie and are willing to vote for her if she submitted in a category he can easily “namecheck” her. I hope this makes sense….

Adding to it, this will now show a heavy need for campaign and exposure during voting period. if the voters know you and are aware of your music, they will most likely search for you.

I feel like labels have known this for a while, hence why we would probably see some artists doing campaigns during these upcoming days.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Variety listed Giveon’s album in their long list for AOTY but the EP (Take Time) was nominated last year… is there some loophole I’m not getting here or is his album actually eligible since it’s now an Album (i.e over 30 minutes playing time) and not an EP.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

What seem to be Taylor’s submissions?

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM: evermore, Montero, Planet Her, SOUR
    RECORD: Happier than Ever, Driver’s License, Leave the Door Open
    SONG: Driver’s License
    BNA: Olivia Rodrigo
    POP SOLO: Driver’s License
    POP ALBUM: SOUR
    POP DUO: Kiss me More
    MUSIC VIDEO: Montero, Good 4 U

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Variety listed Giveon’s album in their long list for AOTY but the EP (Take Time) was nominated last year… is there some loophole I’m not getting here or is his album actually eligible since it’s now an Album (i.e over 30 minutes playing time) and not an EP.

IDK. Rolling Stone did a piece on him for their Grammy issue and also listed the album as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

IDK. Rolling Stone did a piece on him for their Grammy issue and also listed the album as well.

So I guess it must be eligible then. That’s two reputable sources. I just did the math and under the existing rules of meeting 51% of new playing time he’s eligible.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Korbel Clinton
    Topics:

Hate living in a world where good 4 u isn’t Grammy nominated

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

I remember last year Natalie took some time to provide us full submissions. Before then people found other grammy voters and asked them privately for it. Idk if some will try this time.

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Let’s be real. good 4 u stood no chance in the General Field. It’s not a traditionally Grammy friendly song.

hell, up until 2-3 years ago, it wouldn’t even stand a chance in the now “Song of the Summer”-friendly BPSP!

drivers license will reasonate better with various fields, not just Pop. Her label made the best decision.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Indie pop stan
    Topics:

Anyone know Demi Lovato’s submissions

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

“drivers license” is a much more impactful song that spent more weeks at #1. It was a bigger phenomenon than “good 4 u”. I’m not surprised by that decision at all. Olivia will have a likelier shot appealing to Grammy voters with that choice.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ddicon
    Topics:

New FYC ads in today’s Billboard Bulletin

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

New FYC ads in today’s Billboard Bulletin

So shameless that they chose a quote which mentions this being Tony’s last album.

Give Ariana DeBose an oscar

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 1,288 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.