Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Submissions

2022 Grammy Submissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,288 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Deemy
nxddyfs
aj
  • Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Nominated not winning thus still eligible. X was nominated the year before Thinking Out Loud won Song of the Year, Joanne (Where Do You Think Your Goin’) won Best Pop Solo Performance the year after Joanne was nominated

While your point is true, Joanne (Where Do You Think You’re Goin) is not Joanne.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

While your point is true, Joanne (Where Do You Think You’re Goin) is not Joanne.

You’re right. I completely forgot that version wasn’t on the album. My intelligence on Saturdays when I’m exhausted is not what it is normally I swear lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

I’m tempted to see how Ed Sheeran submitted his three songs.

He seems like the type to surprise. If I was on his team I’d submit:

Bad Habits – ROTY, Music Vid
    Visiting Hours – SOTY
    Shivers – Pop Solo

My personal favorite of the three is Shivers but I can see him just going with Bad Habits across the board and save Shivers for next year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I’m tempted to see how Ed Sheeran submitted his three songs. He seems like the type to surprise. If I was on his team I’d submit: Bad Habits – ROTY, Music Vid Visiting Hours – SOTY Shivers – Pop Solo My personal favorite of the three is Shivers but I can see him just going with Bad Habits across the board and save Shivers for next year.

I would expect him to go Bad Habits across the board

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Ed will probably go with Bad Habits across the board and might surprise w some nominations.

Also, not sure if everyone here knew this BUT, according to HITS DD, Republic Records won’t submit Save Your Tears (Remix).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

it could’ve had a chance at bpdgp, but it’s not surprising he didn’t submit. I didn’t really expect him to go back on his word

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alex.g
    Topics:

People pushing for more transparency and this is their response …

The purpose is to stop vote trading and other lobbying, and you’d be crazy to think that hasn’t been happening – not going to name anyone, but some changes were needed.

The Grammys have 10,000 to 12,000 voting members and those are the people that are affected by vote trading, so the lists will be transparent to them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

The purpose is to stop vote trading and other lobbying, and you’d be crazy to think that hasn’t been happening – not going to name anyone, but some changes were needed.

The Grammys have 10,000 to 12,000 voting members and those are the people that are affected by vote trading, so the lists will be transparent to them.

I don’t disagree, but if they’re gonna do this then the logical alternative is to release the submissions themselves. The Emmys already do that; it’s not hard.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

reviving this thread as we are supposed to get FYCs this sunday in the Billboard Magazine.

ps. The Kid Laroi is on the cover! (https://twitter.com/billboard/status/1446114445436932099?s=21)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

reviving this thread as we are supposed to get FYCs this sunday in the Billboard Magazine. ps. The Kid Laroi is on the cover! (https://twitter.com/billboard/status/1446114445436932099?s=21)

This doesn’t seem to be their grammy issue so we might not be. Which is weird because this is their last release before voting

Give Ariana DeBose an oscar

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

This doesn’t seem to be their grammy issue so we might not be. Which is weird because this is their last release before voting

oh i thought it would be bc is close to voting time plus i saw Natalie posted about her FYC on Billboard and she said it will be released on this month’s issue.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

oh i thought it would be bc is close to voting time plus i saw Natalie posted about her FYC on Billboard and she said it will be released on this month’s issue.

Oh ok nvm, they should be out then!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Natalie confirmed the Billboard Grammy issue is October 23

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

The only FYC I could find in the latest Billboard issue.

I’ve never heard of her and her songs aren’t even on spotify but this is technically a submission confirmation so ig it goes here!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Starbuck1234!
    Topics:

The new Grammy rules can be confusing.  New Years Day was nit sampled, it was interpolated.  Taylor is a listed songwriter.  It is unclear if the Grammy committee parses out how much of the songwriting went to each songwriter .  I’m not sure if they list the songwriters and then in parentheses state (only interpolated).  I just don’t know since she is listed.  It would be much different if she weren’t listed as a songwriter.  The new rules include all contributors.  Songwriters of interpolated material, are eligible for an AOTY certificate not a statuette.  But it is still the same. It is AOTY recognition.  I think it counts.  But, I’m no expert by any means.  It’s just how I interpret the rule.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,288 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.