Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Submissions

2022 Grammy Submissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 1,288 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Deemy
nxddyfs
aj
  • Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

I think evermore is more pop than folklore and folklore was kept in the pop category. The Grammy committee has the right to move it to the category it sees fit so if they think it is alternative, then they will move it there. But, I think it will stay in pop. But, she has a plethora of songs in different genres this year that could be in rock, country, and pop. I will be interested in how she submits all her songs in different genres. And, which one/s she will submit for SOTY. Willow is a great song, but evermore has such great songwriting on it…. champagne problems, coney island, ivy, evermore, no body no crime….. then there is Renegade. Birch, and Gasoline. Best pop duo: evermore ft Bon Iver Best Country duo: no body no crime ft Haim Best Rock duo: Gasoline ft Taylor Swift; Renegade ft Taylor Swift; Coney Island ft the National I could see AOTY for evermore, I think it deserves, but doubt it will go to her this year. but other contenders are Billie, Lil Nas X, Sour. Don’t think positions is strong enough, its just not quite where I think it should be, but I don’t know. Drake is a contender, along with Chris sTapleton or another country singer. HER. and maybe a rock or alternative album.

there is no “rock duo”

FYC - Adrianne Lenker | Wolf Alice | Indigo de Souza

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: honest-yam-896)!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Where was Planet HER submitted/placed? In Pop or Progressive R&B?? We need a statement similarly to Kacey!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Where was Planet HER submitted? In Pop or Progressive R&B?? We need a statement similarly to Kacey!

In Doja’s case she can go either way. So if she were to submit to Pop they would accept it and vice-versa plus, we wouldn’t have learn about Kacey unless her team didn’t want us to know about it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Starbuck1234!
    Topics:

you are right, no rock duo.  GAsoline could be rock song then.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

In Doja’s case she can go either way. So if she were to submit to Pop they would accept it and vice-versa plus, we wouldn’t have learn about Kacey unless her team didn’t want us to know about it.

Well.. Whoever needs to make a statement has to make a statement now. It would be much better and productive/beneficial for them to make people/voters aware of their placement..

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Kacey’s label were the ones who “exposed” star-crossed placement in pop. i don’t see Doja’s team doing the same. Just like Deemy said, Doja’s team will take it whether placed in R&B or Pop

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

our way of finding out submissions this year is grammys changing genre placements and leaving labels pissed.

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I personally feel like labels are taking advantage of the drama last year to try to get rid of the screening panel, and I find it quite lame. The screening panel has always moved stuff and it has never garnered this much attention. Kacey’s label knows damn well her album is not undeniably Country.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Rolling Stone has started dropping articles from their 2022 Grammy previews. Based on the two interviews released so far, I think it’s safe to assume:

Rauw Alejandro
    Vice Versa -AOTY, Latin Pop Album
    Afrodisiaco – Musica Urbana Album
    Todo De Ti – ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo Perf

Foo Fighters
    Medicine At Midnight – AOTY, Rock Album
    Shame Shame – ROTY, SOTY, Rock Song, Rock Perf

I will wait to see if we can get confirmation to add.

Similarly, HitsDailyDouble did a Kanye piece implying Hurricane was submitted to ROTY and Jail to SOTY

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Billboard reports that Halsey’s If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power was submitted for Best Alternative Album and AOTY. This submission is pre-screening, so it could have been moved to Pop.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Billboard reports that Halsey’s If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power was submitted for Best Alternative Album and AOTY. This submission is pre-screening, so it could have been moved to Pop.

Hopefully it isn’t moved.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

our way of finding out submissions this year is grammys changing genre placements and leaving labels pissed.

And Natalie. I hope you guys have been streaming her music all year long. Cuz every year she’s always nice providing us with detailed info.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

And Natalie. I hope you guys have been streaming her music all year long. Cuz every year she’s always nice providing us with detailed info.

She said a while back that giving us info is going to be tricker this time around because of the new rules they added this year. She said revealing others’ submissions could be seen as “I’ll promote your submissions if you promote mine,” which is not allowed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

She said a while back that giving us info is going to be tricker this time around because of the new rules they added this year. She said revealing others’ submissions could be seen as “I’ll promote your submissions if you promote mine,” which is not allowed.

I understand her caution but those asking are fans, not submitted artists. And still what she does is no different than HDD and Billboard revealing submissions whenever they feel like it. Maybe there’s a breach but we’ll see this friday.

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    naveand
    Topics:

Rolling Stone has started dropping articles from their 2022 Grammy previews.

R&B singer Joyce Wrice posted a picture of the Best R&B Album section in the Rolling Stone Grammy Preview a few days ago. Some of the albums were:

Heaux Tales – Jazmine Sullivan
    Back of My Mind – H.E.R.
    Overgrown – Joyce Wrice
    See Me – Leela James                                 TEMPORARY HIGHS IN THE VIOLENT SKIES – Snoh Aalegra

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 1,288 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.