Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Submissions

2022 Grammy Submissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 1,288 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Deemy
nxddyfs
aj
  • Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

R&B singer Joyce Wrice posted a picture of the Best R&B Album section in the Rolling Stone Grammy Preview a few days ago. Some of the albums were: Heaux Tales – Jazmine Sullivan Back of My Mind – H.E.R. Overgrown – Joyce Wrice See Me – Leela James TEMPORARY HIGHS IN THE VIOLENT SKIES – Snoh Aalegra

Tinashe’s chances in Progressive R&B suddenly increased from 0 to 1%

FYC:

*Best Pop Vocal Album: "Positions" by Ariana Grande
    *Best Pop Solo Performance: "positions" by Ariana Grande
    *Best Country Solo Performance: "camera roll" by Kacey Musgraves
    *Best Country Song: "camera roll" by Kacey Musgraves
    *Best Rap Album: "CALL ME IF YOU GET LOST" by Tyler, The Creator
    *Best R&B Song: "Good Days" by SZA & Jacob Collier

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

The Foo Fighters are def getting at least 5/6:

• Medicine At Midnight – AOTY, Rock Album
    • Shame Shame – ROTY, SOTY, Rock Song, Rock Perf 

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

R&B singer Joyce Wrice posted a picture of the Best R&B Album section in the Rolling Stone Grammy Preview a few days ago. Some of the albums were: Heaux Tales – Jazmine Sullivan Back of My Mind – H.E.R. Overgrown – Joyce Wrice See Me – Leela James                                 TEMPORARY HIGHS IN THE VIOLENT SKIES – Snoh Aalegra

Snoh and H.E.R. are both going here???

In other news, who the actual fuck is winning or even getting nominated in progressive? Lord that category is so DEAD

Dune and Passing best picture 2022
    Jeremy Strong Best Drama Actor 2022
    Sour Album Of The Year 2022

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

This is the issue that naveand24 was referring to. I’m not entirely sure that these are submission confirmations. I hope for Jazmine’s sake that they aren’t lol.

Dune and Passing best picture 2022
    Jeremy Strong Best Drama Actor 2022
    Sour Album Of The Year 2022

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

From that article it seems that Snoh , HER, Jazmine and Leela are all in R&B Album…. I thought at least one of these would be in Progressive

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Maybe there’s a chance for Tinashe, VanJess, Yebba and Sevyn Streeter to make it into Progressive R&B now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Snoh and H.E.R. are both going here???

In other news, who the actual fuck is winning or even getting nominated in progressive? Lord that category is so DEAD

H.E.R. in Progressive R&B (?)

I think Doja is getting somehow in Progressive R&B. R&B categories for song or album just somehow.

If they’re all gonna be in R&B album, then… Planet HER might not just get nominated but actually win lmaoo

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Jazmine Sullivan could still win Best R&B Album for Heaux Tales over Back of My Mind. That field has been playing make up with former Grammy-less artists. Just last year, Ledisi & Meshell Ndegeocello finally won after years of losing. Sullivan has remained visible all 2021. So I wouldn’t rule her out despite H.E.R.’s popularity with voters.

If Doja is accepted into Progressive R&B, she’s winning. That category will likely have some left field nominees per usual.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

R&B singer Joyce Wrice posted a picture of the Best R&B Album section in the Rolling Stone Grammy Preview a few days ago. Some of the albums were:

Heaux Tales – Jazmine Sullivan
    Back of My Mind – H.E.R.
    Overgrown – Joyce Wrice
    See Me – Leela James TEMPORARY HIGHS IN THE VIOLENT SKIES – Snoh Aalegra

kinda wild to me. Joyce and Snoh stand a much better chance in progressive R&B. hmmmm

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Jazmine Sullivan could still win Best R&B Album for Heaux Tales over Back of My Mind. That field has been playing make up with former Grammy-less artists. Just last year, Ledisi & Meshell Ndegeocello finally won after years of losing. Sullivan has remained visible all 2021. So I wouldn’t rule her out despite H.E.R.’s popularity with voters.

If Doja is accepted into Progressive R&B, she’s winning. That category will likely have some left field nominees per usual.

This. Jazmine’s hype is unreal. H.E.R. has lost R&B awards before, and her album left little impact. Whoever wins Soul Train will likely win, and my bet is on Jazmine.

Anyways, as lipabridgerstwigs said, those are not necessarily submissions; it’s gonna depend on whether whoever wrote that reached out to the label/artist to see what’s up. However, I assume since its on RS’s Grammy Preview, that they had the decency of doing so. And to be fair, Snoh makes sense in R&B knowing people like Ella Mai went there.

As for Progressive… damn, SZA really fucked up. That would’ve been a cakewalk for her. Doja Cat better pray the screening committee let’s her be there. Otherwise, my best guess is Yebba wins. Hopefully Tinashe can get her due now lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

SZA would’ve pulled a Lizzo and won by a landslide, but next year she’ll likely have to go up against this little indie artist called Beyoncé

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Having H.E.R and Jazmine compete would be a silly move by RCA. H.E.R.’s album is arguably “progressive R&B,” and while I think H.E.R can be beaten by Jazmine, I don’t think it’s as clean cut as Jazmine Sullivan winning in a landslide if H.E.R competes in the other album category. H.E.R. is still an R&B favorite with a SOTY win from just last year. Voters could easily name-check her at this point over Jazmine.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Jazmine’s album has the bigger buzz. But H.E.R is beating her if they go head to head. Sad to say she may leave empty handed again. I can’t see her beating Silk Sonic in R&B song. Performance is up in the air.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Hopefully these aren’t the submissions and the screening committee moved HER to Progessive because that’s rightfully where she belongs. Jazmine is the vet, I can see R&B voters rewarding after all these years and give her due which is what she rightfully deserves. HER will be tough to beat since she is a favorite.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

I really do think Jazmine would win if up against H.E.R. in R&B Album. And if she’s nominated in Traditional R&B Perf., Jazmine could win that too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 1,288 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.