Home Forums Music 2022 Grammy Submissions

2022 Grammy Submissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,096 through 1,110 (of 1,288 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Deemy
nxddyfs
aj
  • Profile picture
    ddicon
    Topics:

Wow Quest also notes a 20min timer??

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

hmmm that makes me think that wolf alice is fucked if no one makes it to “w”

FYC - Adrianne Lenker | Wolf Alice | Indigo de Souza

My stats are updated every day. Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: honest-yam-896)!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Voyage
    Topics:

Not like Adele even needs it but she is so lucky then lol

And ABBA too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LawC
    Topics:

Alphabetical advantage may not be the ultimate factor influencing what get’s nominated, but it definitely is a big one.

They should either switch the order from top down to bottom up every year, or more preferably in my opinion, list the submitted work, aka the albums & songs etc., in alphabetical order and not the artists.

I think either of these would be more democratic and fair than having the same artists be on top/bottom of the ballots year after year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Great news everyone! According to the A2IM spreadsheet, Black Pumas have submitted Capitol Cuts (Live From Studio A) to Album Of The Year! For those who do not know, this is an album that consists soley of live versions of the songs from their previously AOTY nominated album Black Pumas (Deluxe Edition).

In all seriousness, has any artist ever milked an album like this? This is the THIRD year in a row a version of this album gets submitted.

Dune and Passing best picture 2022
    Jeremy Strong Best Drama Actor 2022
    Sour Album Of The Year 2022

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Also Brittany Howard’s cover of “You’ll Never Walk Alone” has been submitted in ROTY and Rock Performance. ROTY is probably a long shot but I can see this surprising in Rock Perf.

Dune and Passing best picture 2022
    Jeremy Strong Best Drama Actor 2022
    Sour Album Of The Year 2022

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

Great news everyone! According to the A2IM spreadsheet, Black Pumas have submitted Capitol Cuts (Live From Studio A) to Album Of The Year! For those who do not know, this is an album that consists soley of live versions of the songs from their previously AOTY nominated album Black Pumas (Deluxe Edition).

In all seriousness, has any artist ever milked an album like this? This is the THIRD year in a row a version of this album gets submitted.

oh my god why it’s not like they’ll win aoty why do they keep trying

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Not like Adele even needs it but she is so lucky then lol And ABBA too.

if ABBA gets nominated in BPD/GP or Snoh Aalegra overperforms, you know why

FYC:

*Best Pop Vocal Album: "Positions" by Ariana Grande
    *Best Pop Solo Performance: "positions" by Ariana Grande
    *Best Country Solo Performance: "camera roll" by Kacey Musgraves
    *Best Country Song: "camera roll" by Kacey Musgraves
    *Best Rap Album: "CALL ME IF YOU GET LOST" by Tyler, The Creator
    *Best R&B Song: "Good Days" by SZA & Jacob Collier

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

BREAKING NEWS: H.E.R. did NOT submit “Damage” to ROTY/SOTY. She opted for “Fight for You” instead.

Per Variety:

Q: Which song did Grammy favorite H.E.R. end up favoring — “Damage” or “Fight for You”?

A: It’s a mix of both. “Fight for You,” the movie theme that already won her an Oscar for best song, is what she went with submitting for the record and song of the year general categories. She also went with it for best traditional R&B performance. But she submitted “Damage” for best R&B performance and best R&B song.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BYOB
    Topics:

– “Butter” is the only song BTS submitted (“My Universe” wasn’t submitted anywhere; “Coloratura” was Coldplay’s submission)

– “Levitating” wasn’t submitted anywhere

– “Camera Roll” was Kacey’s submission for Country Song, Country Solo Performance, SOTY and ROTY

– Bieber: “Peaches” for R&B Song and R&B Performance; “Anyone” for Pop Solo; “Lonely” for Pop/Duo

– Drake didn’t submit anything for SOTY or ROTY, but “Way 2 Sexy” is up for Rap Performance, “No Friends in the Industry” for Rap Song and “Girls Want Girls” for Melodic Rap Performance

– H.E.R.: “Fight for You” Traditional R&B Performance, ROTY and SOTY; “Damage” for R&B Performance and R&B Song

– Ariana: “Positions” for ROTY and SOTY

– Taylor: “Willow” was her only song submisson; nothing outside Pop

– Olivia: no “Good 4 U” in Rock, only “Drivers License” in Pop

– St. Vincent: “Daddy’s Home” for Alternative Music Album; “Pay Your Way in Pain” for Rock Song and Rock Performance

– Halsey: “If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power” for Alternative Music Album; nothing on Rock (only “Forget Me Too” with MGK)

– No Kanye in gospel categories

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/grammy-ballot-burning-questions-bts-justin-bieber-1235099402/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    NDA
    Topics:

The Grammys could change it to alphabetical order based on the project name?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

BREAKING NEWS: H.E.R. did NOT submit “Damage” to ROTY/SOTY. She opted for “Fight for You” instead.

Per Variety:

Another bizarre move lol. If they did this solely because she won the Oscar for it…..airfryers for brains

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    NDA
    Topics:

– “Butter” is the only song BTS submitted (“My Universe” wasn’t submitted anywhere; “Coloratura” was Coldplay’s submission) – “Levitating” wasn’t submitted anywhere – “Camera Roll” was Kacey’s submission for Country Song, Country Solo Performance, SOTY and ROTY – Bieber: “Peaches” for R&B Song and R&B Performance; “Anyone” for Pop Solo; “Lonely” for Pop/Duo – Drake didn’t submit anything for SOTY or ROTY, but “Way 2 Sexy” is up for Rap Performance, “No Friends in the Industry” for Rap Song and “Girls Want Girls” for Melodic Rap Performance – H.E.R.: “Fight for You” Traditional R&B Performance, ROTY and SOTY; “Damage” for R&B Performance and R&B Song – Ariana: “Positions” for ROTY and SOTY – Taylor: “Willow” was her only song submisson; nothing outside Pop – Olivia: no “Good 4 U” in Rock, only “Drivers License” in Pop – St. Vincent: “Daddy’s Home” for Alternative Music Album; “Pay Your Way in Pain” for Rock Song and Rock Performance – Halsey: “If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power” for Alternative Music Album; nothing on Rock (only “Forget Me Too” with MGK) – No Kanye in gospel categories https://variety.com/2021/music/news/grammy-ballot-burning-questions-bts-justin-bieber-1235099402/

Someone said BTS also submitted PTD for Best MV seems like variety only talking about BPDGP and ROTY & SOTY for them.

Makes sense that Olivia didn’t submit in the rock field.

I feel like submissions are all over all over the place this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

Kacey submitting Camera Roll for the GF was definitely a choice. Not that I think she would get a nom for Justified but I mean…
    And I’ll have to change all my predictions thanks to H.E.R.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

When discussing BTS that article mentions that Coldplay submitted “Coloratura” for “top prizes”, presumably Record and Song of the Year. I wonder if they submitted it to Pop Duo/Group Performance instead of “Higher Power”.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1,096 through 1,110 (of 1,288 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.