Home Forums Music 2022 Grammys: Ariana Grande

2022 Grammys: Ariana Grande

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
nxddyfs
Religion
Indie pop stan

• PersonalCoochiePopper
    Topics:

I’m creating this topic because Ariana’s nods for the 2022 ceremony (which are revealed tomorrow) are up in the air.

She could be shut out completely, get a sole pop solo nomination, get pop vocal and pop solo nods, sneak in ROTY with Positions along with pop vocal and pop solo, or get across the board noms with Safety Net in pop duo as a name check too but no GF.

What do you guys think?

nxddyfs
    Topics:

expecting a realistic 1-2 nominations; hoping for 4

edit: still in shock she did not submit pov or my hair for consideration

ReplyCopy URL

Jay
    Topics:

I expect her to make ROTY, Pop Solo and Pop Vocal Album only, but let’s see how well that ages…

FYC: 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards

Billie Eilish: Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Pop Vocal Album

Arlo Parks: Best Alternative Music Album

Jazmine Sullivan: Best R&B Album

Tyler, The Creator: Best Rap Album

ReplyCopy URL

nxddyfs
    Topics:

It’s extremely hard for me to imagine Ariana being snubbed this year, especially knowing that she has consistently appeared in the pop categories since My Everything. But we must consider that this year is full of strong competitors and due to the lack of a committee, anything can happen.

pop never had a committee and you are right she hasn’t missed pop nods since My Everything. However, we need to keep in mind that positions came out early in the period. I hope voters were able to remember Ariana or the record due to her appearances on The Voice and the VEVO performances.

ReplyCopy URL

PersonalCoochiePopper
    Topics:

pop never had a committee and you are right she hasn’t missed pop nods since My Everything. However, we need to keep in mind that positions came out early in the period. I hope voters were able to remember Ariana or the record due to her appearances on The Voice and the VEVO performances.

I wonder if Save Your Tears (remix) smashing would help her.

ReplyCopy URL

Mother Dináh
    Topics:

With everyone submitting in R&B Performance instead of Traditional R&B I was sure she was going to finally randomly sneak her way into that field in 4th/5th place of Trad R&B Perf with my hair, just like Chloe x Halle & Lizzo did recently, but it seems like, for odd reasons, she never submits in the R&B field. And I know the screening panel is not rejecting her submissions because if they accept Justin Bieber, they’d accept Ariana Grande too.

Also, considering the way she’s been campaigning for positions, by showing her dozens and dozens of layered vocal harmonies, I’m surprised she didn’t submit into the Arrangement with Vocals category alongside all those popstars.

But kudos to her label for cleverly submitting safety net into BPD/GP. Republic should try this shit in other categories.

So, tl;dr: I have her in BPVA & BPSP and maybe Music Film. And if she’s very lucky, Best Music Video.

I just have the feeling that she’ll get 3 nominations because going from 12 to 14 is ugly. Going from 12 to 15 or even from 12 to 16 is more aesthetically pleasing.

ReplyCopy URL

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

lilac
    Topics:

I don’t really see Ariana making it in the GF but i would love to be wrong

ReplyCopy URL

nxddyfs
    Topics:

I don’t really see Ariana making it in the GF but i would love to be wrong

Positions ROTY!!!!!

ReplyCopy URL

Gen
    Topics:

I have Ariana getting one nomination this year for pop album.

ReplyCopy URL

Religion
    Topics:

I think most on here agree Pop Solo is her most likely nomination, but even that she could be snubbed in favor of Justin, Taylor, or a wild card. BPVA is a toss up while GF seems unlikely, but anything can happen without committees. I think everyone on Twitter assumes she’ll get her usual two or more without considering this year’s competition, so it’ll be a big deal if she gets 0 noms when it actually makes a lot of sense all things considered. Positions is her best album so hoping she gets BPVA

ReplyCopy URL

blackwidow12
    Topics:

I really don’t see her in the GF this year. As for the Pop field, I pretty much think she can go anywhere from 1 to 3 nominations, with Pop Solo being the most likely, followed by Pop Album and Pop Duo. She’s not really a lock for any of them though.

ReplyCopy URL

Mary
    Topics:

Unfortunately, I don’t see Ariana in the General Field. She might need up with at least two nominations for BPSP and possibly BPVA, but I’m conflicted on the latter because I do feel like someone would take her post in that category if she did get snubbed.

ReplyCopy URL

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Indie pop stan
    Topics:

Someone said Positions is Ariana’s best album LMAO what it’s not even in her top 3

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.