Home Forums Music 2022 Grammys: Doja Cat

2022 Grammys: Doja Cat

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 181 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
replies
views
users
Mary
Cameron
Rich Thot

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Cameron
    Topics:

I have Doja getting nominations in
    AOTY,ROTY,SOTY,BPVA,& BPDGP – I feel like she could easily get 5 nominations here

Her toughest nominations will be for the Rap Field. I can see Need To Know getting in Melodic Rap before Best Friend.

I don’t think Music Video is happening.

If she gets more than 3 nominations and over-performs in the Rap Field, that means voters are definitely feeling her.
    She’s on a different level than last Grammy season.

ReplyCopy URL

Mary
    Topics:

I have Doja getting nominations in AOTY,ROTY,SOTY,BPVA,& BPDGP – I feel like she could easily get 5 nominations here Her toughest nominations will be for the Rap Field. I can see Need To Know getting in Melodic Rap before Best Friend. I don’t think Music Video is happening. If she gets more than 3 nominations and over-performs in the Rap Field, that means voters are definitely feeling her. She’s on a different level than last Grammy season.

I agree with your predictions as well and with the rap categories. Although “Best Friend” was a hit, “Need To Know” is the stronger song, so I can definitely see NTK being nominated over “Best Friend”. She’s absolutely on a different level than last year, so hopefully the Academy recognizes that.

ReplyCopy URL

Mary
    Topics:

Doja has also proven she’s here to stay and will be one of the biggest artists this decade. So if no Grammy in 2022 there’s definitely one coming in the future.

Absolutely!

ReplyCopy URL

Mary
    Topics:

gaga x tony are not 100% locked winners for bpdgp imo. looking through the list of winners it seems voters like the summer hits and/or the songs that are currently reaching new peaks at the time of voting. Kiss Me More is tough competition and it definitely has a good chance of winning, but ofc gaga and tony are loved by the academy so I could be completely be wrong eat my words up

I agree! When it comes to that specific category, it looks like it’s between Kiss Me More vs. I Get A Kick Out of You vs Butter. KMM and Butter have had a major impact this year, but like you stated, Gaga and Tony are loved and are considered frontrunners too. Kiss Me More should hands down win IMO.

ReplyCopy URL

Mary
    Topics:

I have her in 6 nominations but I’m hoping she scores 4/5. At least one more than last year would be a win for her. Record of the Year Song of the Year Pop Vocal Album Pop Duo/Group Performance Rap Song Music Video In my heart I want confirm her for Album of the Year but I’m just going to wait to be “surprised” if she pulls it off. I won’t predict a win for her until I see who she’s up against.

I can see these predictions becoming true to be honest. I’m really hoping for AOTY as well because Planet Her was so good. I feel like I’m so biased when it comes to Doja because I love her, but she showed out this year and deserves all the praise and awards she’s getting.

ReplyCopy URL

Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Hoping for an AOTY nom and a BPDGP win. 🤞🏼

ReplyCopy URL

Mary
    Topics:

Hoping for an AOTY nom and a BPDGP win. 🤞🏼

Me too! I’ll be so happy if she gets more than 3 nominations, but I just want her to win something. Kiss Me More is a definite lock and win for BPDGP in my opinion.

ReplyCopy URL

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Doja Cat is only getting 1-3 nominations:

Record of the Year
    Best Pop Duo/Group Performance (only category she’ll probably get in)
    Best Pop Vocal Album

ReplyCopy URL

Mary
    Topics:

Honey, Doja Cat is only getting 1-3 nominations: Record of the Year Best Pop Duo/Group Performance (only category she’ll probably get in) Best Pop Vocal Album

1-3 nominations is a stretch in my opinion. She’ll probably get 4-5 because of Kiss Me More. The rap categories she’ll probably miss, but hopefully she goes get into specifically the Rap and Melodic Rap Performances.

ReplyCopy URL

Rich Thot
    Topics:

It mostly comes down to does she have enough appeal in different demos to equate to getting a lot of nods and being a big force this year. Does she have enough appeal to voters who lean towards mainstream pop? Does she have enough appeal to hip-hop/rap leaning voters? Does she appeal enough to voters over like 24 years old? If she gets her fair share of nods this year it does set her up in the future. Because I don’t think she’s a huge player in most of the categories she has a chance of getting nominated in. Also, the Dr. Luke connection might hurt her chances at wins this year and in the future. If she gets into BPVA over a couple other big names that’s a good sign for her.

ReplyCopy URL

Mary
    Topics:

It mostly comes down to does she have enough appeal in different demos to equate to getting a lot of nods and being a big force this year. Does she have enough appeal to voters who lean towards mainstream pop? Does she have enough appeal to hip-hop/rap leaning voters? Does she appeal enough to voters over like 24 years old? If she gets her fair share of nods this year it does set her up in the future. Because I don’t think she’s a huge player in most of the categories she has a chance of getting nominated in. Also, the Dr. Luke connection might hurt her chances at wins this year and in the future. If she gets into BPVA over a couple other big names that’s a good sign for her.

These are good points to take into consideration because Doja is versatile. With that being said, she might not be nominated within the Rap Categories. With the connection to Dr. Luke, that’s something that’s always in the back of my mind because a lot of people don’t like him (for good reasons obviously), but people shouldn’t penalize her because she’s in a contract with him. Overall, she’s got more of a chance in the Pop Category and possibly AOTY and ROTY.

ReplyCopy URL

Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Doja Cat had a big year so 6-8 nominations wouldn’t surprise me. She seems like the most likely R&B/Pop Artist to lead. Especially with the number of fields her label submitted to. The bigger question is how many can she win. I guess we’ll have to wait for that answer later.

ReplyCopy URL

Mary
    Topics:

Doja Cat had a big year so 6-8 nominations wouldn’t surprise me. She seems like the most likely R&B/Pop Artist to lead. Especially with the number of fields her label submitted to. The bigger question is how many can she win. I guess we’ll have to wait for that answer later.

6-8 nominations would be huge!! It shows that the Academy has interest in her and that she’s making a mark within the industry. Again, she’s a frontrunner for BPDGP for Kiss Me More. I would love to see Planet Her win BPVA and AOTY, but I doubt it.

ReplyCopy URL

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 181 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.