Home Forums Music 2022 Grammys: Pop Winner Predictions

2022 Grammys: Pop Winner Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 294 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
2021ravenclaw1
Darren
PersonalCooch..
  • Profile picture
    DJWolff
    Topics:

Might be all kinds of wrong about not giving Billie Eilish anything in Pop, but I think I will stick to my predictions.

Best Pop Solo Performance
    drivers license, Olivia Rodrigo

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
    I Get A Kick Out Of You, Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga

Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album
    Love For Sale, Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga

Best Pop Vocal Album
    Justice (Triple Chucks Deluxe), Justin Bieber

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PersonalCoochiePopper
    Topics:

What are Justin Bieber’s chances in Pop Vocal Album? To me this seems the only category to reward him somewhere after getting so many nominations. His submissions were flawless imo. Did he get the nominations for everything he submitted?

Billie & Olivia are the easy top two in pop vocal album, he’ll probably go 0/8.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

What are Justin Bieber’s chances in Pop Vocal Album? To me this seems the only category to reward him somewhere after getting so many nominations. His submissions were flawless imo. Did he get the nominations for everything he submitted?

He has 0% chance in Pop. Billie and Olivia are top 2

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

The Doja predictions for Pop Vocal Album are wishful thinking

She’s going 0/8 unless she can win against Tony & Gaga in Pop Duo/group

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

The Doja predictions for Pop Vocal Album are wishful thinking She’s going 0/8 unless she can win against Tony & Gaga in Pop Duo/group

Her easiest win is Melodic Rap, she ain’t beating Tony and Gaga

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

I just realized, did Dua not get a SINGLE nomination 💀

Not Cold Heart (PNAU Remix) not even getting nominated 💀

not even for Best Remix Recording 💀💀💀

Not even for Best Music Film 💀

Not really a big deal. She didn’t have any high-profile submissions this year. If “Levitating” had been entered (not 100% sure it was eligible), it would have been more shocking to see her get no nominations. She didn’t even submit “We’re Good” from the deluxe edition of her album, which was a decent-sized hit.

Remixed Recording nominations are entirely decided by committee (rank-and-file voters don’t even get to vote on it in the first round; it goes straight to committee), and Music Film tends to skew heavily towards veteran acts and nostalgic material; it’s worth noting that Billie Eilish only got in with a high-profile Disney+ release.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Justin is NOT happening in Pop Album. It’s either Sour or Happier Than Ever.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

Pop Solo: Right On Time – Brandi Carlile – Highly respected artist winning over bigger pop hits (see: Joanne over Havana, Better Now, & God is a Woman / Happy over Stay with Me, Shake It Off, & Chandelier)

Pop Duo/Group: Kiss Me More – Doja Cat ft. SZA – honestly this is the closest category and I go back and forth multiple times a day between this and IGAKOOY.

Pop Vocal Album: SOUR – Olivia Rodrigo – repeat winners in this category are extremely rare, so not seeing it for Billie or Ariana, feeling like Doja and Bieber are too weak to pull off an upset, definitely Olivia v. Billie, but I think Olivia has the edge being a buzzy new artist who also has the most hits of the year.

Letterboxd: Brayfers

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Was Studio 2054 ever released commercially at all? (Outside of the initial livestream in November 2020)

Oscars FYC:

"Lamb" – International Feature and all categories

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mani
    Topics:

A lot of people are predicting “KMM” for BPGD but in my opinion there’s just too many factors against it. Bennett has beaten much stronger Pop songs in this category before (2012- Moves Like Jagger/Pumped Up Kicks/Paradise). Also, Justin Bieber definitely would have had a way better chance if “Peaches” was nominated in this category rather than in R&B. The other two songs “Butter” & “Higher Power” are basically irrelevant filler noms. KMM might come really, really close but in the end I think IGAKOOY will take the prize.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mary
    Topics:

I think a lot of us are predicting Kiss Me More because we’re obviously supporting Doja and SZA, but in my opinion, it’s the stronger song throughout the category. I believe the Grammys really like Doja and she had a very good year when it came to music, so I still hope they’ll award Kiss Me More. It’s a very popular song and one of the best of the year. Hands down it should go to KMM.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I think a lot of us are predicting Kiss Me More because we’re obviously supporting Doja and SZA, but in my opinion, it’s the stronger song throughout the category. I believe the Grammys really like Doja and she had a very good year when it came to music, so I still hope they’ll award Kiss Me More. It’s a very popular song and one of the best of the year. Hands down it should go to KMM.

I completely respect your opinion, but hopedicting is dangerous with the Grammys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mani
    Topics:

I 100% agree with you. It “SHOULD” go to KMM but realistically it most likely won’t.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Out of My Head
    Topics:

Olivia should of submitted Good 4 U instead of Drivers License. DL feels so old now and pop voters proved last year that they are interested in awarding upbeat songs over ballads.  DL can still win, but G4U would of been an easy win

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

drivers license was the perfect submission. Isn’t this her most successful song ?

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 294 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.