Home Forums Music 2022 Grammys: Pop Winner Predictions

2022 Grammys: Pop Winner Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 294 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
2021ravenclaw1
Darren
PersonalCooch..
  • Profile picture
    norman
    Topics:

Best Pop Vocal Album: SOUR

Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album: Love For Sale

Best Pop Solo Performance: Drivers License

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance: Kiss Me More

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

Honey, Gaga is winning Best Pop Duo Group Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

voters won’t care if this will be Gaga’s 3rd/Tony’s 2nd win for BPDG, if they like the song/artists, then its a vote for them

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

The thing with Gaga in Pop Duo/Group is the fact that she has won two of the last three years, and with this one she would be 3/4, with two in a row, so idk. But they sure are the frontrunners.

Voters don’t care about this; they aren’t presented with a list of who won what the years prior. They’re voting for their favorite song or the artists for whom they have the most respect.

I know the Academy doesn’t care about charts and statistics, but Kiss Me More is 100% the song to beat. I just can’t see IGAKOOY winning when there’s other categories Gaga and Tony will win. Out of Doja’s eight nominations, Kiss Me More is the definite answer for this particular category.

At the same time, if Gaga and Tony are on a roll and are winning other categories, a category like Duo would be an easy bag for them. If they’re running away with any big awards, Duo is not going to be the random outlier.

“Evaporate, and leave us cinephiles alone.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lilac
    Topics:

I feel like BPDGP is going to KMM since it will not award Dr Luke and it may end up being Doja’s only win (but i wish i’m wrong she deserves more)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

I feel like BPDGP is going to KMM since it will not award Dr Luke and it may end up being Doja’s only win (but i wish i’m wrong she deserves more)

Literally no one will think about it during voting process lmao

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Best Pop Solo Performance- Frontrunner: Drivers License, Runner-Up: Happier Than Ever

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance- Frontrunner: I Get a Kick Out of You, Runner-Up: Kiss Me More

Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album- Frontrunner: Love for Sale, Runner-Up: That’s Life

Best Pop Vocal Album- Frontrunner: Sour, Runner-Up: Happier Than Ever

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Manuelcolon
    Topics:

What I will take in consideration is what categories they put in the telecast. If TPA or BPDGP get in and either goes to Gaga and Tony, then they won’t get AOTY, but if it is BPDGP and it goes to Doja (or someone else) then they can still take AOTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

voters won’t care if this will be Gaga’s 3rd/Tony’s 2nd win for BPDG, if they like the song/artists, then its a vote for them

Seriously, I think people are forgetting Dan+Shay have literally won the country’s genre category for this 3 years in a row.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

What I will take in consideration is what categories they put in the telecast. If TPA or BPDGP get in and either goes to Gaga and Tony, then they won’t get AOTY, but if it is BPDGP and it goes to Doja (or someone else) then they can still take AOTY.

That’s a smart method of thinking

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

I used to think this way until Gaga won Duo last year and didn’t show up so IDK how they do things anymore. I do feel if the narrative is to send Tony off, they will televise the Love For Sale awards.

Part of me thinks they’re either going to win the big awards or the small awards, but the nominations they’ve received are very much intertwined with one another. If they win AOTY, there’s no way they’re losing BTPVA or the Engineered category.

“Evaporate, and leave us cinephiles alone.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Manuelcolon
    Topics:

That’s a smart method of thinking

I learned from 2019 when they put BPDGP into the telecast and then Gaga lost both Song and Record haha, same with Lizzo in 2020!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Manuelcolon
    Topics:

I used to think this way until Gaga won Duo last year and didn’t show up so IDK how they do things anymore. I do feel if the narrative is to send Tony off, they will televise the Love For Sale awards.

Part of me thinks they’re either going to win the big awards or the small awards, but the nominations they’ve received are very much intertwined with one another. If they win AOTY, there’s no way they’re losing BTPVA or the Engineered category.

When I saw that Engineered nomination it was done for me haha, they were 110% getting that AOTY nomination and it does seem like a contender for the win, Gaga has never even been nominated there before and just when people predict they can win AOTY based on the Tony narrative she gets a nom there, suspicious.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    korthicke
    Topics:

Pop solo: drivers license

pop album: ehhh i think happier than ever

pop duo: lady Gaga & tony

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mani
    Topics:

Pop Solo : Olivia Rodrigo- Driver’s License

Pop Album: Billie Eilish- Happier Than Ever

Pop Group/Duo: Benett/Gaga- I Get A Kick Out of You (I stand by what I said before the nominations announcement. If this song was nominated in this category then it was winning. Just out of principle alone.)

Traditional Pop Vocal Album: Bennett/Gaga- Love For Sale.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 294 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.