Home Forums Music 2022 Grammys: Pop Winner Predictions

2022 Grammys: Pop Winner Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 165 total)
Created
5 days ago
Last Reply
9 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
PersonalCooch..
Darren
aj
  • Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

Lol Doja needs to campaign imo. She should promote another pop song to help her stay on voters minds.

hopefully the uber deluxe comes out (if it even exists lol) during voting and woman becomes a single so she at least gets some visibility. some tv performances or interviews would be great too (even though she just said she hates them)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mary
    Topics:

I think she’s doing some Christmas performances soon, so that’ll help a little. I wish she would do late night performances/interviews because that is something I wanted throughout the Planet Her era, but we ain’t getting that lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Ariana getting two nominations with “Positions” is already a win to be honest. It takes some artists decades to get their first Grammy nominations and Ariana got two with a completely forgotten album.

Not to mention she easily could’ve missed in favor of Taylor or Lil Nas X. I think pop voters have a lot of respect for her in the same way P!nk used to be a perennial nominee back in the day.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Pop Vocal Album: Happier Than Ever
    Pop Solo Performance: Drivers License
    Pop Duo/Group: I Get a Kick out of You
    Traditional Pop Vocal Album: Love For Sale (the biggest lock of the night)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

It wasn’t strategy. Brandi submitted the song to American roots and the screening committee moved it to pop.

That happened to Sade in the R&B field. She ended up winning in the Pop field…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

That happened to Sade in the R&B field. She ended up winning in the Pop field…

Unfortunately no, that was years ago the Pop categories apparently in particular have completely changed.

Even Stevie Wonder at this point and this state of the Pop categories would’ve been snubbed.
    🙁

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

A bit naive of thinking they would’ve nominated Lil Nas for Pop categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Indie pop stan
    Topics:

If you’d told me after By the Way I Forgive You that Brandi would be top two to win Pop Solo Performance, I would’ve thought you were crazy, but here we are. As a massive Brandi stan I’m so happy it happened, but I’m still so shocked that such a bold strategy worked, especially when pop voters have become so picky.

what exactly was the strategy? curious cuz this song came out of nowhere for me

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

what exactly was the strategy? curious cuz this song came out of nowhere for me

I guess he’s talking about the song being moved from American Roots to Pop. That wasn’t a strategy at all, but Brandi made a public statement talking about how she didn’t agree with the Grammys moving the song to pop, which could’ve given it a lot of exposure among pop voters.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Ariana getting two nominations with “Positions” is already a win to be honest. It takes some artists decades to get their first Grammy nominations and Ariana got two with a completely forgotten album.

Pop loves her. I think having five consecutive BPVA nominations is pretty unheard of. Honestly, she just needs a nice hit closer to the eligibility period to snatch BPSP. Or BPDGP again.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PersonalCoochiePopper
    Topics:

Pop loves her. I think having five consecutive BPVA nominations is pretty unheard of. Honestly, she just needs a nice hit closer to the eligibility period to snatch BPSP. Or BPDGP again.

Agreed and she can totally pull it off with the necessary effort

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

Pop Vocal Album: SOUR
    Pop Solo Performance: Drivers License
    Pop Duo/Group: I Get a Kick out of You

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Watermelon Sugar
    Topics:

My Order (for now)

Pop Solo Perf
    1. Drivers License
    2. Happier Than Ever
    3. Right On Time
    4. Positions
    5. Anyone

Pop Vocal Album
    1. Sour
    2. Happier Than Ever
    3. Planet Her
    4. Justice
    5. Positions

Pop Duo/Group Perf
    1. I Get A Kick Out Of You
    2. Kiss Me More
    3. Butter
    4. Lonely
    5. Higher Power

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

Ariana is a pop darling and perennial nominee. She will have to absolutely flop to miss and even then, Kelly and P!nk still show up from time to time with their efforts. Queens

Letterboxd: Brayfers

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Indie pop stan
    Topics:

Ariana is a pop darling and perennial nominee. She will have to absolutely flop to miss and even then, Kelly and P!nk still show up from time to time with their efforts. Queens

when I said Ariana wasn’t missing BPVA, her and Justin are literally household names in that category at this point. Even Taylor missed. If they release a standard basic pop era, they’re gonna get a nom. Unless they do something completely indie or off-brand. Same for Taylor, except this time she did do something off-brand in terms of doing folk music and not basic pop music

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 165 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.