Home Forums Music 2022 GRAMMYs Rap Field

2022 GRAMMYs Rap Field

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
23 hours ago
replies
views
users
SWV
Ghost
Diamond Tier
  • Profile picture
    Briana Breeze
    Topics:

For Rap Performance, could “Best Friend” by Saweetie and Doja Cat which just hit the top 20 on Billboard be a contender? Thoughts?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    SWV
    Topics:

Honey, there was NOT any backlash against Cardi B’s first win.  Where in the Lil’ Mo did that come from?  Megan Thee Stallion’s album is stable.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Just like how Roddy Ricch couldn’t be snubbed either. It’s a possibility the Rap panel snubs them. Especially when there was a slight backlash against Cardi’s 1st win & Megan’s album has seemingly peaked.

Roddy got 4 rap nominations so he was hardly snubbed.

Besides last year the rap panel were just clearly trying to set up Nas. So if there is a situation like that again this year (which I highly doubt) it won’t just be Megan and Cardi snubbed, it’ll be every mainstream artist.

Carey Mulligan will get her revenge on May 16 at the MTV Movie & TV awards

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    SWV
    Topics:

Honey, stans are always mad/pressed when their faves lose.  That is NOT slight backlash.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Travis Scott and Mac Miller fans were very mad. IOP was more acclaimed and more successful than Swimming so that win made sense. Astroworld and IOP were pretty comparable in acclaim but IOP was more successful, its win was deserved.

Stans will always be mad when their favorites don’t win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

I think WAP can still win Rap Performance a whole year later. It’s honestly the best Rap song released in the last 3 years. Easily.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

I think WAP can still win Rap Performance a whole year later. It’s honestly the best Rap song released in the last 3 years. Easily.

Right now there’s barely any competition in the Rap Field. If submitted, it could easily win (depending on any upcoming releases i.e. Kendrick Lamar).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

As of now WAP isn’t eligible for the 2022 Grammys. Has anything been said about her new album yet?

FYC | Best music of 2021 so far:
    Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    SWV
    Topics:

Honey, “WAP” is eligible.  It has NOT been submitted for Grammy consideration.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

I thought it would only be eligible if Cardi’s 2nd album is released within the current eligibility period (September 1, 2020 through August 31, 2021). WAP was released in August 2020.
    Just like Lizzo did to be eligible for the 2020 Grammys with Truth Hurts which was included as part of the deluxe edition of “Cuz I Love You”.

FYC | Best music of 2021 so far:
    Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I thought it would only be eligible if Cardi’s 2nd album is released within the current eligibility period (September 1, 2020 through August 31, 2021). WAP was released in August 2020.
    Just like Lizzo did to be eligible for the 2020 Grammys with Truth Hurts which was included as part of the deluxe edition of “Cuz I Love You”.

Yeah, I think Cardi has to release her second album with WAP as a track to be considered, since it was already released as a single in the previous eligibility period. That’s the loophole.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

Its been a rather quiet drought for big rap albums so far this year. My theory is the big dawgs (Kendrick, Cole, Travis, Future) will wait until the fourth quarter so that their albums are still fresh for touring in 2022. Drake i’m sure will release in the summer so he’s a name to throw in the hat (unless he sticks to his earlier comments and refrains from submitting the album for consideration)

Also you can never rule out Jay-Z, Nas, or even Kanye dropping out of the blue.

As of now i’d say Megan Thee Stallion is the front-runner for best rap album and Cardi is the one to beat for Best Rap Performance but A LOT can happen between now and the cut off point. If the committee decides to go more “lyrical” for Best Rap Album (which I have no problem with whatsoever) we could see last year’s albums from Benny The Butcher, Busta Rhymes, and Westside Gun be included.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

I really hope that Streets can get nominated, and even win, Best Melodic Rap performance. But idk if she has enough support among rap voters.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

Sorry Not Sorry with Jay-Z, Nas, and Khaled (Beyonce on uncredited background vocals) is definitely an early Best Melodic Rap contender

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.