Home Forums Music 2022 GRAMMYs Rap Field

2022 GRAMMYs Rap Field

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
replies
views
users
SWV
Ghost
Diamond Tier
  • Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

I’m not so sure if the NARAS respects Doja Cat, but I can’t be sure about that until 2022…

Anyways, I second that Nas x Jay-Z deserves our attention. As well as Jay’s collaboration with Nipsey Hussle.

FYC:

Record of the Year: Hit Different by SZA ft. Pharrell Williams & co.
    Song of the Year: Good Days by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

Now that committees are gone, idek what to expect from these categories. IMO rap will be one of the hardest genres to predict going forward.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Now that committees are gone, idek what to expect from these categories. IMO rap will be one of the hardest genres to predict going forward.

It shouldn’t be. It should be easier.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

most people failed to predict any best rap album nominees last year as the committee was too unpredictable, i agree it will probably be easier now

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

^ I really disagree with this. I don’t think a popularity contest in rap is cut and dry. Do rap voters really love the big names that much? Or will we see more nominations/wins like Revenge of the Dreamers III or Thundercat in Progressive R&B? I feel like the bigger names might be outnumbered in the end, especially if they can’t be bothered to vote.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

^ I really disagree with this. I don’t think a popularity contest in rap is cut and dry.

Yes.

The review committee here is only four years old. Please take a look at the nominees pre-2017, and that should answer your question.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

Yes.

The review committee here is only four years old. Please take a look at the nominees pre-2017, and that should answer your question.

oh really? I didn’t know that. thank you, that’s very helpful

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I will say that I enjoyed Drake’s albums rightfully getting the boot in Rap Album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    SWV
    Topics:

Honey, it will be super easy to predict the Best Rap Album nominees.  The most popular names always got in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

Multiple nominations in one category for artists like Jay-Z and Eminem are back.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

Multiple nominations in one category for artists like Jay-Z and Eminem are back.

There is a limit on the number of nominations in the categories. Rap Performance is 1, Melodic is 2 (if one of them is co-lead/feature), Song is unlimited.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Rap was always one of the easiest fields to predict back in the day. They’ll probably nominate whichever artists were the most popular or buzzed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ScottyDog
    Topics:

I think you would have saw Megan Thee Stallion, Pop Smoke, Juice Wrld, Lil Uzi all getting in last year.

This year we’re looking at Megan, Big Sean, Kid Cudi (unless progressive), Lil Nas (unless progressive), Rod Wave as some options. It’s unfortunate we’ll miss out on nominees like Rapsody in the mix, but I think it’ll be more reflective of what people are listening to now. The Rap Album category seemed like it was voted on by people that were 40+.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JLangston
    Topics:

21 savage and metro boomins album is getting in

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

I think DJ Khaled will be nominated in Rap Album, and his Jay/Nas song in performance. The entire rap industry is on his album, so that bodes well.

He managed to sneak in a nomination in 2017, prior to the rap committee existing. And that was before he really really blew up. The committee was definitely blocking him the years following.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.