Home Forums Music 2022 GRAMMYs Rap Field

2022 GRAMMYs Rap Field

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 458 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
replies
views
users
Deemy
Ziggiy
Diamond Tier
  • Profile picture
    AbdullahK97
    Topics:

I actually think Tyler the creator, Nas and J Cole are going to be the big contenders in this field. Even over Drake and Kanye West but I do think they will but both somewhere in the categories (like one of the Drake collabs being in best rap performance). J Cole hasn’t had a win yet so maybe they’ll give him something this time. Nas won last year and the album he released this year is considered even better and getting insane critical acclaim. Tyler won 2 years ago and they could give him the win with what is an actual rap album this time around.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

Tyler, Nas, Megan, Drake and J.Cole are my prediction for Best Rap Album. With Tyler winning. I see Kanye West out.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

I actually think Tyler the creator, Nas and J Cole are going to be the big contenders in this field. Even over Drake and Kanye West but I do think they will but both somewhere in the categories (like one of the Drake collabs being in best rap performance). J Cole hasn’t had a win yet so maybe they’ll give him something this time. Nas won last year and the album he released this year is considered even better and getting insane critical acclaim. Tyler won 2 years ago and they could give him the win with what is an actual rap album this time around.

J.Cole won a Grammy for best rap song 2019

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

J.Cole won a Grammy for best rap song 2019

as a feature. Not the main artist

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

as a feature. Not the main artist

It doesn’t make a difference. It’s a songwriters award, the order of performers holds no relevance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

Last day for eligibility.

No surprise Kendrick Lamar, Jay-Z, or even Cardi B to shake things up so I believe we’re all looking at a Nas/Tyler showdown for Best Rap Album if Kanye submits under Contemporary Christian again and Drake doesn’t submit at all.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Last day for eligibility.

No surprise Kendrick Lamar, Jay-Z, or even Cardi B to shake things up so I believe we’re all looking at a Nas/Tyler showdown for Best Rap Album if Kanye submits under Contemporary Christian again and Drake doesn’t submit at all.

The way things are looking I wouldn’t be surprised if Tyler misses Rap Album. He’s not an A lister like that. Nas isn’t safe either.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I feel like a lot of you are overthinking this rather-obvious “race”. At this rate, Certified Lover Boy is the clear frontrunner.

FYC - Lil Nas X
    MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name) - ROTY, SOTY, Best Pop Solo Perf., Best Music Video
    INDUSTRY BABY - Best Melodic Rap Perf., Best Rap Song
    MONTERO - AOTY, Best Pop Vocal Album

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

The way things are looking I wouldn’t be surprised if Tyler misses Rap Album. He’s not an A lister like that. Nas isn’t safe either.

I highly doubt Nas misses out on at least a Rap album nom. Every album he’s put out since 2006 has been nominated except 2018’s Nasir.

Tyler is a former winner and is actually more  “A-list” than he was back when he won in 2020. His stock is only rising.

This is predicated on Kanye submitting in the category he won in last year and Drake sticking to guns about no longer associating or submitting to the Grammys. If both Kanye and Drake were to submit in the Rap category I could see someone like Khaled getting snubbed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

I highly doubt Nas misses out on at least a Rap album nom. Every album he’s put out since 2006 has been nominated except 2018’s Nasir.

Tyler is a former winner and is actually more “A-list” than he was back when he won in 2020. His stock is only rising.

This is predicated on Kanye submitting in the category he won in last year and Drake sticking to guns about no longer associating or submitting to the Grammys. If both Kanye and Drake were to submit in the Rap category I could see someone like Khaled getting snubbed.

I never said he will miss I just said he’s not as safe a lock as let’s say Drake. Rap voters can go either way. They could vote for all old heads/vets or pick the younger mumble rappers. Or vote for the posthumous releases. We just don’t know.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

With eligibility being over:

Best Rap Album

Certified Lover Boy-Drake
    Donda-Kanye West
    CALL ME IF YOU GET LOST-Tyler The Creator
    Good News-Megan Thee Stallion
    The Off-Season-J. Cole
    (KHALED KHALED-DJ Khaled)

Best Rap Performance

Family Ties-Baby Keem with Kendrick Lamar
    Wants And Needs-Drake ft. Lil Baby
    Up-Cardi B
    Off The Grid-Kanye West ft. Playboi Carti & Fivio Foreign (still not entirely sure what from Donda would fit here)
    Thot Shit-Megan Thee Stallion
    (Nobody-Nas ft. Lauryn Hill)

Best Melodic Rap Performance

Industry Baby-Lil Nas X ft. Jack Harlow
    Way 2 Sexy-Drake with Future & Young Thug
    Hurricane-Kanye West ft. The Weeknd & Lil Baby
    RAPSTAR-Polo G
    What You Know ‘Bout Love-Pop Smoke
    (WUSYANAME-Tyler The Creator ft. Youngboy Never Broke Again & Ty Dolla $ign)

Best Rap Song

Family Ties-Baby Keem with Kendrick Lamar
    Industry Baby-Lil Nas X ft. Jack Harlow
    Way 2 Sexy-Drake with Future & Young Thug
    Hurricane-Kanye West ft. The Weeknd & Lil Baby
    Up-Cardi B
    (Thot Shit-Megan Thee Stallion)

Emmy award winner Julianne Nicholson

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jay
    Topics:

CLB + being the frontrunner for Rap Album = BARF!

FYC | Best music this season:

Arlo Parks - Collapsed In Sunbeams
    St. Vincent - Daddy's Home
    Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales
    Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost
    Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  Certified Lover Boy is NOT the clear frontrunner in Best Rap Album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lance
    Topics:

When will GD open predictions for rap and pop categories?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

CLB is the most likely album to be nominated. But once it goes down to the top 5, voters will vote for someone else.

One thing that I believe hasn’t been brought up yet, is the fact that Both of Tyler’s nominations happened since the implementation of committees. I’m sure he doesn’t need them now, but I think he’ll only get 1 nomination (Album). Depending on the lineup he could still win though.

Surprisingly though, except for last years’, all of Nas’ nominations were decided on a straight vote.

FYC:

Album of the Year: "Call Me If You Get Lost" by Tyler, The Creator
    Record of the Year: "WAP" by Cardi B & Megan Thee Stallion
    Song of the Year: "Good Days" by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 458 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.