Home Forums Music 2022 GRAMMYs Rap Field

2022 GRAMMYs Rap Field

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 571 through 582 (of 582 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
replies
views
users
Deemy
Ziggiy
Diamond Tier
  • Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

I wonder is Kanye vulnerable here but he was still the most voted Rap Album before they expanded the categories.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Melodic Rap imo will be between Doja / Lil Nas X with Kanye being a spoiler.

Profile picture
    DvirBA
    Topics:

Are the rap categories expected to be added to Prediction Center?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

IN LIKELIHOOD OF WINNING Updated Predictions

BEST RAP ALBUM
    Donda — Kanye West
    The Off Season — J. Cole
    Call Me If You Get Lost — Tyler, the Creator
    King’s Disease II — Nas
    Certified Lover Boy — Drake

BEST RAP PERFORMANCE
    Family Ties — Baby Keem ft Kendrick Lamar
    My Life — J. Cole ft 21 Savage & Morray
    Way 2 Sexy — Drake ft Future & Young Thug
    Thot Shit — Megan Thee Stallion
    Up — Cardi B

BEST MELODIC RAP PERFORMANCE
    Hurricane — Kanye West ft The Weeknd & Lil Baby
    Pride is the Devil — J. Cole ft Lil Baby
    WusYaName — Tyler, the Creator ft Youngboy & Ty Dolla $ign
    Need to Know — Doja Cat
    Industry Baby — Lil Nas X ft Jack Harlow

BEST RAP SONG
    Family Ties — Roshwita Larisha Bacha, Hykeem Carter, Tobias Dekker, Colin Franken, Jasper Harris, Kendrick Lamar, Ronald Latour and Dominik Patrzek, songwriters (Baby Keem featuring Kendrick Lamar)

Jail — Dwayne Abernathy, Jr., Shawn Carter, Raul Cubina, Michael Dean, Charles M. Njapa, Sean Solymar, Brian Hugh Warner, Kanye West and Mark Williams, songwriters (Kanye West featuring Jay-Z)

My Life — Shéyaa Bin Abraham-Joseph and Jermaine Cole, songwriters (J. Cole featuring 21 Savage and Morray)

Bath Salts — Shawn Carter, Kasseem Dean, Michael Forno, Nasir Jones and Earl Simmons, songwriters (DMX featuring Jay-Z and Nas)

Best Friend — Amala Zandile Dlamini, Lukasz Gottwald, Randall Avery Hammers, Diamonté Harper, Asia Smith, Theron Thomas and Rocco Valdes, songwriters (Saweetie featuring Doja Cat)

Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

PREDICTIONS

BEST RAP ALBUM
    Donda — Kanye West
    The Off Season — J. Cole
    Call Me If You Get Lost — Tyler, the Creator
    King’s Disease II — Nas
    Certified Lover Boy — Drake

BEST RAP PERFORMANCE
    Family Ties — Baby Keem ft Kendrick Lamar
    My Life — J. Cole ft 21 Savage & Morray
    Way 2 Sexy — Drake ft Future & Young Thug
    Thot Shit — Megan Thee Stallion
    Up — Cardi B

BEST MELODIC RAP PERFORMANCE
    Hurricane — Kanye West ft The Weeknd & Lil Baby
    Pride is the Devil — J. Cole ft Lil Baby
    WusYaName — Tyler, the Creator ft Youngboy & Ty Dolla $ign
    Need to Know — Doja Cat
    Industry Baby — Lil Nas X ft Jack Harlow

BEST RAP SONG
    Family Ties — Roshwita Larisha Bacha, Hykeem Carter, Tobias Dekker, Colin Franken, Jasper Harris, Kendrick Lamar, Ronald Latour and Dominik Patrzek, songwriters (Baby Keem featuring Kendrick Lamar)

Jail — Dwayne Abernathy, Jr., Shawn Carter, Raul Cubina, Michael Dean, Charles M. Njapa, Sean Solymar, Brian Hugh Warner, Kanye West and Mark Williams, songwriters (Kanye West featuring Jay-Z)

My Life — Shéyaa Bin Abraham-Joseph and Jermaine Cole, songwriters (J. Cole featuring 21 Savage and Morray)

Bath Salts — Shawn Carter, Kasseem Dean, Michael Forno, Nasir Jones and Earl Simmons, songwriters (DMX featuring Jay-Z and Nas)

Best Friend — Amala Zandile Dlamini, Lukasz Gottwald, Randall Avery Hammers, Diamonté Harper, Asia Smith, Theron Thomas and Rocco Valdes, songwriters (Saweetie featuring Doja Cat)

Despite the AOTY nomination I don’t think the passion for Kanye’s Donda is there. The album was more spectacle than quality. Same thing for Drake, there’s not passion or goodwill surrounding CLB. I think this award will be Nas and Tyler’s to duke it out with Nas coming out on top as a repeat winner.

Voters might want to award The Weeknd as a makeup for the bullshit that was pulled last year and also give Lil Baby his first Grammy so I can see Hurricane winning Best Melodic Rap Song. Also Kanye has never gone home completely empty handed so he’ll get at least Gramophone to his name.

Kendrick Lamar also isn’t going without some kind of recognition and Baby Keem also has a general field nomination so I feel Best Rap Performance is in the bag for him.

Lastly, this is the Grammys final chance to award DMX. Also Jay-Z will NOT being going empty handed after becoming the most nominated artist in history. Killing two birds with one stone and awarding X and Jay plus Nas, a fellow NY Legend, will be too tempting for voters to pass up. Best Rap Song is the bag for them.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Also Kanye has never gone home completely empty handed so he’ll get at least Gramophone to his name.

Correction: Kanye went 0/8 back in 2017.

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Let’s discuss Melodic Rap. That category is interesting this year. Ion see how Nas X could win when they proved to us what type of winner they’ll choose. I understand that Anderson Paak is a Grammy favorite but the big hits still lost earlier this year

They could surprise us again with a Tyler or J.Cole win. Kanye could win here based on his AOTY nom as support lol plus he was still the most voted Rap Album in the bunch that could give him an edge. J.Cole also went 4/4 in the Rap Field.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Call me crazy, but I don’t think Kanye is a lock for Best Rap Album. Donda is still one of those albums that had a mixed response with fans and critics alike. I can see this going to Tyler, J. Cole or even Nas as a repeat. Drake has commercial success, but he bombed in most categories + he is not a Grammy favorite at all. I feel like this will be another year where the AOTY nominee loses its genre nomination in the final round.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

I honestly don’t see Nas repeating. I think best rap album is between Kanye and J. Cole.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Recording Academy Removes Marilyn Manson’s Best Rap Song Grammy Nomination
    Daniel Kreps – 2h ago

Marilyn Manson—who, as a co-writer and performer on Kanye West’s Donda, was controversially nominated for a pair of high-profile Grammys despite an ongoing sexual assault investigation—lost one of his nominations Thursday as the Recording Academy revised its list of nominees.

Credited as “Brian Hugh Warner” on West’s “Jail Pt. 2,” Manson previously received songwriting credits—and thus, Grammy nominations—in both the Album of the Year and Best Rap Song categories; however, the New York Times reports that the Recording Academy has since updated the Best Rap Song nomination to recognize the West/Jay-Z collaboration “Jail,” which did not feature Manson as a songwriter, removing his nomination from that category.

However, Manson is still credited as a songwriter and featured artist on Donda, up for Album of the Year, making the shock rocker eligible for that award should West’s latest album win that category.

In the past year, more than a dozen women have come forward accusing Manon of psychological or sexual abuse, some of which have resulted in lawsuits. Manson denies the allegations.

Following the outcry from both Manson and Louis C.K. (up for Best Comedy Album) being nominated for Grammys despite the allegations of sexual misconduct against them, Recording Academy CEO Harvey Mason Jr. addressed the controversy.

“We won’t look back at people’s history, we won’t look at their criminal record, we won’t look at anything other than the legality within our rules of, is this recording for this work eligible based on date and other criteria. If it is, they can submit for consideration,” Mason Jr. said. “What we will control is our stages, our shows, our events, our red carpets. We’ll take a look at anyone who is asking to be a part of that, asking to be in attendance, and we’ll make our decisions at that point. But we’re not going to be in the business of restricting people from submitting their work for our voters to decide on.”

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

I honestly don’t see Nas repeating. I think best rap album is between Kanye and J. Cole.

I don’t think it will go to Nas either. He didn’t get in any of the other rap categories aside from the posthumous DMX nomination, and only won his first Grammy this past year in a lineup devoid of A-list names (thanks to the committee, no doubt).

If Kanye falters, J. Cole (who got in every other rap category) and Tyler, the Creator (who has a critically acclaimed album that just won the BET Hip Hop Award for AOTY, beating out Cole) are next in line.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 12 posts - 571 through 582 (of 582 total)

The topic ‘2022 GRAMMYs Rap Field’ is closed to new replies.