Home Forums Music 2022 GRAMMYs Rap Field

2022 GRAMMYs Rap Field

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 226 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
replies
views
users
ˈdī(ə)mən..
Agee
Ghost
  • Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Posthumous wins are iffy in the rap categories. Think 2Pac, Biggie Mac Miller and Pop Smoke. BUT we did see Nipsey win two, and Rap Album is weak at this point. DMX can finally win a Grammy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

Posthumous wins are iffy in the rap categories. Think 2Pac, Biggie Mac Miller and Pop Smoke. BUT we did see Nipsey win two, and Rap Album is weak at this point. DMX can finally win a Grammy.

You think X can win over J.Cole?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

My predictions, as of June 2021:

Best Rap Album:

1. J. Cole – The Off-Season

2. DMX – Exodus

3. Tyler, The Creator – Call Me If You Get Lost

4. Kid Cudi – Man on the Moon III: The Chosen

5. Megan Thee Stallion – Good News

6. Big Sean – Detroit 2

Surprisingly, this category actually has a lot of competition already. I can definitely see J. Cole winning, although we have yet to hear Tyler’s album. Megan will be almost a lock for a nomination since she won 3 awards last year, but I can’t see Good News winning as the album itself wasn’t coherent enough. If Drake, Travis and Cardi drop their projects before the eligibility period ends, then that’ll really shake things up as I can’t imagine all 3 not being nominated. Plus if Kendrick does indeed drop before the eligibility period, then that’s a lock.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Honey, I am NOT buying J. Cole as frontrunner in Best Rap Album just yet.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

I feel like that DMX album didn’t get good enough press to justify a win. Weak sales won’t prevent it from a nomination, but I think J. Cole has this on default for now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

I feel like that DMX album didn’t get good enough press to justify a win. Weak sales won’t prevent it from a nomination, but I think J. Cole has this on default for now.

i’m thinking the same thing. As it stands X will get a nomination as a nod of respect to his legacy but the album as a whole didn’t make enough of an impact to push him past J.Cole.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

My predictions, as of June 2021: Best Rap Album: 1. J. Cole – The Off-Season 2. DMX – Exodus 3. Tyler, The Creator – Call Me If You Get Lost 4. Kid Cudi – Man on the Moon III: The Chosen 5. Megan Thee Stallion – Good News 6. Big Sean – Detroit 2 Surprisingly, this category actually has a lot of competition already. I can definitely see J. Cole winning, although we have yet to hear Tyler’s album. Megan will be almost a lock for a nomination since she won 3 awards last year, but I can’t see Good News winning as the album itself wasn’t coherent enough. If Drake, Travis and Cardi drop their projects before the eligibility period ends, then that’ll really shake things up as I can’t imagine all 3 not being nominated. Plus if Kendrick does indeed drop before the eligibility period, then that’s a lock.

I agree with all of this except I think something like DJ Khaled’s album might score a nom over Kid Cudi

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

You think X can win over J.Cole?

Why not? It’s not like J. Cole is a Grammy favorite, and his album is going to be old news by time voting rolls around. Yes, maybe DMX’s album didn’t get enough press, but he did and that could help score a posthumous win if no other album comes along.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

Cole is definitely a frontrunner but his albums tend to come & go. The buzz & acclaim lasts for maybe 2 weeks then people move on to the next major Rap release.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    whoareyou_
    Topics:

My predictions, as of June 2021: Best Rap Album: 1. J. Cole – The Off-Season 2. DMX – Exodus 3. Tyler, The Creator – Call Me If You Get Lost 4. Kid Cudi – Man on the Moon III: The Chosen 5. Megan Thee Stallion – Good News 6. Big Sean – Detroit 2 Surprisingly, this category actually has a lot of competition already. I can definitely see J. Cole winning, although we have yet to hear Tyler’s album. Megan will be almost a lock for a nomination since she won 3 awards last year, but I can’t see Good News winning as the album itself wasn’t coherent enough. If Drake, Travis and Cardi drop their projects before the eligibility period ends, then that’ll really shake things up as I can’t imagine all 3 not being nominated. Plus if Kendrick does indeed drop before the eligibility period, then that’s a lock.

I agree with all of this except I think something like DJ Khaled’s album might score a nom over Kid Cudi

DJ Khaled’s album had bad acclaim, but with how weak this Grammy period is and how unpredictable the Grammys are, I wouldn’t be surprised if he got in.
    Also I think a lot of Grammy voters are looking to Goldderby to help make their predictions, the more we could possibly say that J Cole could win, the more they might go for it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Agee
    Topics:

Honey, you may be new to the Grammys.  Voters do NOT give a shit about acclaim.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

DJ Khaled benefits from having worked with every single artist in the industry. His music is generally bad but still popular enough to get in based on the name recognition of his featured artists.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

I think we should talk about possibility of MF DOOM getting nominated too. Another legendary rapper we lost early. Czarface and Metal Face’s Super What is maybe too obscure but DOOM is legendary and album is fucking great. One of my favorites this year.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    whoareyou_
    Topics:

I’m really interested in Polo G. His album just hit number one. I hope that he can get nominated for best new artist, best rap album, best rap performance, best rap song, and maybe record of the year. Savage (Remix) and Rockstar were both nominated for record of the year last year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ˈdī(ə)mənd ˈtir
    Topics:

If there’s any Rap song that could breakthrough in ROTY/SOTY, it’s “RAPSTAR”. It was a hit on multiple charts around the world & received generally positive reviews.

Boz attempted to drag my SOTY prediction yet didn’t “The Box”, a song many doubted would receive a nod in that category, get in? It was a much bigger hit but as we’ve seen recently, Rap is becoming less unconventional in the GF. Without a BRP, anything is possible.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 226 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.