Home Forums Music 2022 Grammys R&B Nominees Edition

2022 Grammys R&B Nominees Edition

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 144 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
replies
views
users
Cameron
Ghost
Darren
  • Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I’m still praying for Jazmine this year for a Grammy !!!!!! Omg she is overdue for this album!!! If the Grammys do not award this…

2021: Promises ~ Floating Points & Pharaoh Sanders feat. The London Symphony Orchestra
    2020: After Hours ~ The Weeknd
    2019: Titanic Rising ~ Weyes Blood
    2018: Oil of Every Pearl’s Un-Insides ~ SOPHIE
    2017: Melodrama ~ Lorde
    2016: Blonde ~ Frank Ocean
    2015: To Pimp A Butterfly ~ Kendrick Lamar
    2014: To Be Kind ~ Swans
    2013: Random Access Memories ~ Daft Punk
    2012: The Money Store ~ Death Grips
    2011: Helplessness Blues ~ Fleet Foxes
    2010: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy ~ Kanye West

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Why are you being so aggressive and spamming this thread? omg

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Hopefully the Soul Train Awards foreshadows Jazmine’s fate in R&B Album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Ms Devereaux calm down. This is usually a peaceful thread.

Anyways, H.E.R losing everything doesn’t mean anything. The Grammys proved that she’s widely loved so in a straight vote against Jazmine she’s undoubtedly stronger. For a small group of critics Jazmine has the advantage (a la Soul Train). If voting is open to the General Academy members like it usually was then an upset happening is Rare. If we still have the limited categories rule in final voting (which I hope) then I expect things to get pretty interesting results-wise.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

None of this is true. “Here I Am (Singing My Way Home)” was always going to be more likely because again, it’s the only original song on the soundtrack written specifically for the film, it coincides with Jennifer’s Oscars campaign, and it features Carole King (who wrote “(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman), a respected and renowned legend who has worked with any and every artist worth mentioning and who The Academy is itching to reward again. You just refuse to acknowledge this.

Babe, none of that matters when all they see on the ballot is “(song) – Jennifer Hudson.” The Carole King narrative, if it’s really as strong as you say it is (they’re going to lose to H.E.R., so it can’t be that strong), matters more in Song for Visual Media.

Jennifer would 100% have had a better chance of getting in Traditional R&B Performance with “Respect,” because (1) it’s one of the most iconic songs of all time, (2) was highlighted in trailers for the movie, (3) doesn’t rely on voters having seen the movie.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

You wouldn’t. I would. I know what I’m talking about.

Weren’t you the one who said Chloe x Halle wouldn’t be allowed in Traditional R&B Performance last year? Clearly you don’t.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jarg
    Topics:

remember when thundercat beat jhene aiko (an aoty nominee) for best progressive rnb album?

that’s probably what’s gonna happen to jazmine at the grammys this year, since she just beat h.e.r with her album in the soul train awards this year

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

The difference is Jhene was a committee pick and the R&B Panel placed her like that. That’s why she lost.

Everything this time based on a solid popular vote.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Jhene was always a weak frontrunner. I knew she wasn’t a lock. Musicians seem to always win over voters in a fairly quiet category. I think Robert Glasper winning his very first Grammy in Best R&B Album.

Jazmine and H.E.R. could easily cancel each other out. They both appeal to the same type of voter, if that makes sense.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

No, I said they shouldn’t have been nominated and that they weren’t going to win. And what happened? They didn’t win. Ledisi did, as I predicted. So yes, I do know what I’m talking about.

Nothing about this song or Chloe x Halle is traditional. Sorry to burst your bubble, but this isn’t happening. Some of y’all make these wild predictions when it comes to this category, and it lets me know you don’t do your research on the type of songs that get nominated here, or that you look at this category as inferior and just slide anyone here, and it shouldn’t be this way. That’s disrespectful.

x

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 144 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.