Home Forums Music 2022 Grammys R&B Nominees Edition

2022 Grammys R&B Nominees Edition

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 143 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Cameron
Ghost
Darren
  • Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

I think Jazmine can take R&B Performance. I was disappointed with Heaux Tales but I’d be happy if she finally got her due.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, this is the first time that Jazmine Sullivan actually has a chance of winning a Grammy.  The other times she was nominated (2009, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2020), she did NOT have a chance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Imagine calling me aggressive (the correct word is passionate) for adding to the conversation. I’m not doing anything different than you’ve done on other threads in the past. You’re the pot, I’m the kettle.

I don’t spam, though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    lionhidden99
    Topics:

Summer in R&B Album? Please! LMAO! That’s never going to happen. R&B Album is reserved for traditional R&B artists who are talented and can sing, not for Summer Walker.

Im pretty sure based on how they’ve been marketing progressive R&B, Summer Walker  is probably going to R&B. A lot more jazz, funk, alternative R&B and psychedelic soul has been nominated in the last few years.  While in contrast a lot more contemporary R&B album has been submitted to best to best R&B Album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Im pretty sure based on how they’ve been marketing progressive R&B, Summer Walker is probably going to R&B. A lot more jazz, funk, alternative R&B and psychedelic soul has been nominated in the last few years. While in contrast a lot more contemporary R&B album has been submitted to best to best R&B Album.

Exactly my point. It’s not going to be easy to flip flop to get an easier win now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Summer Walker could be definitely going to R&B Album. Her music isn’t really progressive and she doesn’t incorporate multiple genres into her music as it states the description of the categories. The more you look at it .. Progressive R&B have more picky and obscure artists there. They probably have a criteria of what they think Progressive R&B should be. I look at it as artists like Kelela, Kali Uchis (her English music), Tinashe, SZA, Jhene, Janelle, etc.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

I think Robert Glasper & Leon could be an upset in Traditional R&B if H.E.R. comes up short there.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Still Over It will compete in R&B Album. The album is not as Pop or hip-hop inspired as it’s predecessor. She and Silk Sonic will be battling for that spot. Hopefully SZA releases her album before the deadline.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Summer deserves recognition, she’s been carrying R&B recently.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Finally set down and analyzed the R&B field.

Best R&B Performance – this is such a strong category, but I feel as though Silk Sonic is the runaway favorite. I prefer “Pick Up Your Feelings” and “Damage”. I do think if someone were the upset, it would be H.E.R. She’s an 8x nominee this year and “Damage” was crowned R&B Song of the Year by Billboard. Same applies to R&B Song; Silk Sonic wins and “Damage” is the spoiler if it falters.

Best R&B Album – I’m going with Jazmine Sullivan just because she has a gotten such a ton of goodwill this year. It’d be wrong to let her go home emptyhanded. Her competition is steep, though. Jon Batiste and H.E.R. are leading nominees, based off straight votes. But R&B voters would probably be more inclined to vote for Heaux Tales, especially after its AOTY win at the Soul Train Awards. I have a feeling this will be televised.

Best Traditional R&B Performance – “Fight for You,” easily. Song of the Year nominee, Oscar winner and frontrunner for Song for a Visual Media. “I Need You” has garnered some traction since the nominees were announced, so that could possibly upset, but I feel as though H.E.R. will get her due here and Song for a Visual Media.

Best Progressive R&B Album – Dinner Party looks to be the frontrunner here, but I would not be surprised if Lucky Daye wins.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 143 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.