Home Forums Music 2022 MTV Video Music Awards Discussion Part 1

2022 MTV Video Music Awards Discussion Part 1

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 589 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Goldwing
Andresg770
fabcjr
  • Profile picture
    Andresg770
    Topics:

At least they’re announcing some performers with time to hype the show. Anybody else remember that year (2015, I think?) where they waited until the week of the ceremony to announce performers?

That said, it DOES look like they’re having a hard time booking people… It’s crazy to think that artists used to have VMA night free even to just present awards, and now they can’t even get them to record acceptance speeches lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    keatonzab
    Topics:

At least they’re announcing some performers with time to hype the show. Anybody else remember that year (2015, I think?) where they waited until the week of the ceremony to announce performers? That said, it DOES look like they’re having a hard time booking people… It’s crazy to think that artists used to have VMA night free even to just present awards, and now they can’t even get them to record acceptance speeches lol.

I think it’s hard for them to book artists cause their either doing tours or festivals

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Goldwing
    Topics:

How much does it cost to transmit from an external event? I mean could they partner with festivals/concerts to secure some presentations Or what are the difficulties of doing that?

Hi.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    carcris93
    Topics:

So Anitta,J Balvin, Marshmello and Khalid, Panic! At The Disco, Nicki Minaj and Kane Brown were confirmed to perform.

Here’s another artists who I think are likely to perform. Tell me how likely it’s they will

> BTS, Snoop Dogg and Charlie Puth: I can see them making a medley of “Bad Decisions” and “Left and Right”
    > Blackpink: They will release “Pink Venom” this Friday
    > Becky G
    > Dove Cameron
    > Maneskin: I heard they cancelled a concert they had in Europe the same day
    > Future
    > Post Malone with Kid Laroi
    > Rosalia
    > Avril Lavigne and Blackbear

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Andresg770
    Topics:

Do we think Nicki’s gonna have any guests in her medley? She could honestly just do a set of her solo hits (Super Bass, Anaconda, Starships, Pound the Alarm, Your Love).

But maybe Drake or 2 Chainz or Lil Wayne? Or perhaps some of her featured spots could get some shine, too? Tusa would also be a cool inclusion — especially since they’ve never performed it live together, have they?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

VMAs look so boring this year besides Nicki

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    keatonzab
    Topics:

Pre-Show performers (predictions)

Lauren Spencer-Smith

Dove Cameron

Jax

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fabcjr
    Topics:

You guys saying that Vmas seems boring, when in fact the music industry has not had great revelations or great events. Did Beyonce release an album? Yes. But I don’t think 2022 is a great year for music in relation to news and new artists. All this could be different if there were no TikTok

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fabcjr
    Topics:

<span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Artistas pré-show (previsões)</span></span> <span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Lauren Spencer-Smith</span></span> <span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Pomba Cameron</span></span> <span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Jax</span></span>

This looks like a wake. This Lauren makes such boring songs. Remembering a year that had charli xcx and fifth harmony did the pre-show. Where are the pop artists of the new generation? These new artists that are emerging are totally the fault of Billie’s success

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    keatonzab
    Topics:

This looks like a wake. This Lauren makes such boring songs. Remembering a year that had charli xcx and fifth harmony did the pre-show. Where are the pop artists of the new generation? These new artists that are emerging are totally the fault of Billie’s success

I was gonna add GAYLE but she’s doing the reedings festival, so i putted Lauren instead

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    HaimOnRye
    Topics:

I think the problem is that (at least in my opinion) the VMAs have become more a ‘social media’ show rather than a music show, that with the fan voted awards and the clear rigging of the results (performers get awarded) and some poor choices of presenters/venue/tone in the last few years. Few of the established musicians see this stage as a respected one. Tbh I am surprised Maneskin chose the VMAs over Reading festival (if true), but I guess it speaks to the direction they want to take in their career.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

The Last Great VMAs was definitely 2016.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    João Pedro Costa Calaça
    Topics:

Since MTV is announcing C-List besides Anitta and Nicki Minaj which are the only big artists announced so far and that i’m excited for so far, I believe that probably this week they’ll start announcing some B-Lists:

– Maneskin (Best New Artist and Best Alternative) – good choice!
    – Latto (New Artist, Hip Hop and Video For Good) – great choice!
    – Camila Cabello with Maria Becerra (Best Cinematography)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fabcjr
    Topics:

August 15, Monday with 13 days left and mtv did not announce any performances. We’re dry

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    keatonzab
    Topics:

some people are wanting Stray Kids to perform

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 589 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.