Home Forums Music 2022 MTV Video Music Awards Discussion Part 1

2022 MTV Video Music Awards Discussion Part 1

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 589 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Goldwing
Andresg770
fabcjr
  • Profile picture
    Goldwing
    Topics:

Do you think there will be more artists?

Definitely. last year they added some last minute artists and they have yet to reveal the pre-show and outdoor stage artists as well.

Hi.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

If I had to take a guess:
    1)Ed Sheeran
    2)Taylor Swift
    3)Beyonce

BUT I would kill for: Dua and Elton

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Goldwing
    Topics:

Performances that I would like:

Beyonce

Stray Kids

Megan Thee Stallion

Rina Sawayama

Latto

Summer Walker

Harry Styles (if he can connect from his concert).

Baby Keem

Pre-Show:

Muni Long

Dove Cameron

Steve Lacy

Joji

Presenters:

Megan Thee Stallion

Dua Lipa

Elton John

Becky G

Ariana Grande/ Lil Nas X for Nicki Minaj

I’m guessing they’ll announce the host tomorrow or Thursday.

Hi.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fabcjr
    Topics:

Definitely. last year they added some last minute artists and they have yet to reveal the pre-show and outdoor stage artists as well.

Would the outdoor stage be in this model? I remember that I met Latto through this stage singing a measly seconds of something that would become his greatest success.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Goldwing
    Topics:

Would the outdoor stage be in this model? I remember that I met Latto through this stage singing a measly seconds of something that would become his greatest success.

The external stage would be the same as the Pre-Show but used for the commercial breaks. This year’s Grammys also did something similar.

Hi.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey; thoughts on 2022 MTV VMA performers so far, minus Lizzo:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fabcjr
    Topics:

Because in the announcement of the first performances was ”Escape with” and in the second wave from kane brown was ”Party with”? Can this have any connection with different stages? In that model demi lovato cool for the summer, sorry not sorry and nicki medley performance 2018. I had this question after some people commented on Twitter

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    CheChe70
    Topics:

I really need some heavy hitters for the last 1-2 performances cause this ain’t it. MTV really be promising awards left and right, let’s be honest, Nicki wouldn’t be attending if she was getting the Vanguard Award, Lizzo wouldn’t be attending if her album didn’t underperform and other big names aren’t confirm to perform/attend. The last time a big artist not on their debut album cycle attended/performed not due to a Vanguard/Tricon/Global Icon award was what Ariana in 2018?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Goldwing
    Topics:

I really need some heavy hitters for the last 1-2 performances cause this ain’t it. MTV really be promising awards left and right, let’s be honest, Nicki wouldn’t be attending if she was getting the Vanguard Award, Lizzo wouldn’t be attending if her album didn’t underperform and other big names aren’t confirm to perform/attend. The last time a big artist not on their debut album cycle attended/performed not due to a Vanguard/Tricon/Global Icon award was what Ariana in 2018?

I didn’t quite understand By debut album cycle do you mean Olivia, Billie, Lil Nas X or promoting an album on the show? Because Ariana also released Sweetener around that time.

Hi.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Well, award shows have lost their glory. Artists don’t attend them anymore unless they’re promised an award or they really need to promote an album or a single.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    CheChe70
    Topics:

Sorry I didn’t clarify I meant debut album cycle as most artists go then for exposure. The only award show still drawing in big A listers is the Grammys and even they have trouble getting the biggest artists there sometimes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

I want Megan Thee Stallion to perform Her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Goldwing
    Topics:

I want Megan Thee Stallion to perform Her.

I would die for a Budget performance with Latto as a guest.

Hi.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

I would die for a Budget performance with Latto as a guest.

It’s possible, both of them are free on that date. Megan is performing at a festival in the UK on the Saturday but surely she could come back in time, since Lizzo is also performing in Australia on the Saturday but will be performing?

I’d like to see a Megan & Latto performance. Megan can perform Her, then Latto can perform Budget with her. Followed by a Big Energy performance (and if she can convince Mariah to come, then that’s even better!)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

Who do you think will be the final performer announcements, the host, and the pre-show performers?

A few of my guesses…

Performers:
    – Beyoncé (really want it to happen, a Renaissance medley would be amazing)
    – The Weeknd (he hasn’t got a show on the 28th, but I’m not sure if he’d actually perform. But the fact he’s dropping a video soon for Less Than Zero as the next single could be a good promo opportunity)
    – Latto (I feel like she’ll be there, she has no shows around then so she’s available)
    – Megan Thee Stallion (as mentioned before, she has a show in the UK on the Saturday however it’s possible she can still perform since Lizzo is doing the same thing with an Australia festival on the Saturday)
    – Drake (I don’t remember the last time he even performed or attended the VMAs, but he has quite a few nominations and he could even present the Vanguard to Nicki so he would be a decent booking, could bring 21 Savage for Jimmy Cooks and Future for Wait For U)

Host wise, I’m not too sure. In past years, they seem to bring current artists in as hosts, such as Doja last year. I think Megan would’ve been a good host, or Lizzo, but I don’t think that’ll happen as they’re too busy in the days leading up to the show for rehearsals etc. Perhaps they’ll get a comedian or a major social media star as a host? No idea who though.

Pre-show performer wise, I can see Dove Cameron performing for sure. Maybe Gayle too.

I think a particular problem the VMAs have this year is that so many major artists are currently touring or have festival shows lined up, due to not being able to tour for nearly two years due to the pandemic. For example, the likes of Bad Bunny, Harry Styles, Justin Bieber, Billie Eilish, Rosalía, Halsey, Kendrick Lamar etc were probably considered but they all have shows on that date around the world.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 589 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.