Home Forums Music 2022 MTV Video Music Awards Discussion Part 1

2022 MTV Video Music Awards Discussion Part 1

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 589 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Goldwing
Andresg770
fabcjr
  • Profile picture
    keatonzab
    Topics:

Who do you think will be the final performer announcements, the host, and the pre-show performers? A few of my guesses… Performers: – Beyoncé (really want it to happen, a Renaissance medley would be amazing) – The Weeknd (he hasn’t got a show on the 28th, but I’m not sure if he’d actually perform. But the fact he’s dropping a video soon for Less Than Zero as the next single could be a good promo opportunity) – Latto (I feel like she’ll be there, she has no shows around then so she’s available) – Megan Thee Stallion (as mentioned before, she has a show in the UK on the Saturday however it’s possible she can still perform since Lizzo is doing the same thing with an Australia festival on the Saturday) – Drake (I don’t remember the last time he even performed or attended the VMAs, but he has quite a few nominations and he could even present the Vanguard to Nicki so he would be a decent booking, could bring 21 Savage for Jimmy Cooks and Future for Wait For U) Host wise, I’m not too sure. In past years, they seem to bring current artists in as hosts, such as Doja last year. I think Megan would’ve been a good host, or Lizzo, but I don’t think that’ll happen as they’re too busy in the days leading up to the show for rehearsals etc. Perhaps they’ll get a comedian or a major social media star as a host? No idea who though. Pre-show performer wise, I can see Dove Cameron performing for sure. Maybe Gayle too. I think a particular problem the VMAs have this year is that so many major artists are currently touring or have festival shows lined up, due to not being able to tour for nearly two years due to the pandemic. For example, the likes of Bad Bunny, Harry Styles, Justin Bieber, Billie Eilish, Rosalía, Halsey, Kendrick Lamar etc were probably considered but they all have shows on that date around the world.

Gayle’s doing a festival on the 28th

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Goldwing
    Topics:

Billie has a show in Japan two days before and I don’t know if it’s easier to travel from there than from Australia but I don’t think Billie feels like promoting her new songs either. The only reason I can see her attending is for MTV to know she’s winning SOTY.

Hi.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Goldwing
    Topics:

But lately I have a very strong feeling that Adele will win it.

Hi.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    João Pedro Costa Calaça
    Topics:

According to PopVisions, Taylor Swift has confirmed her attendance and Beyoncé still in talks to perform!

I believe that Drake probably is going to appear as a surprise to present Nicki with the Vanguard.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    woodvale
    Topics:

Lizzo will win the VMAS for Song of the Year. Unlike the other nominees, she will attend and perform, plus Adele last vma win was in 2011 so I wouldn’t bet on her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Adele isn’t winning a “fan voted” award at the VMAs.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Goldwing
    Topics:

We all know that last year Dynamite was going to sweep the vote and they still gave it to Olivia. Yes I also thought of Lizzo but she is already assured Video for Good and probably Pop Video as well.

Hi.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

They always give preference to those who will attend the show. BTS might as well lose this time again since Blackpink is performing.
    It’s pretty easy to know who would be the most voted lmao but they’ll probably spread the wealth. I could see Taylor winning VOTY, Harry AOTY and Lizzo SOTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fabcjr
    Topics:

LL COOL J? I demand that Rupaul is performing as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fabcjr
    Topics:

What’s that crazy? Nicki gaining vanguard and being a presenter along with jack and ll cool j?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LAINELAVIGNE
    Topics:

Nicki yes! She hosted the EMAs and she was so funny, she and Jack will have cute viral interactions together for sure.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Latto + thought of performing = BARF! 🤢

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Nicki yes! She hosted the EMAs and she was so funny, she and Jack will have cute viral interactions together for sure.

and give us the iconic “stupid fucking dinosaur”.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    woodvale
    Topics:

I was predicting Harry for artist of the year until they announced that Jack Harlow will be performing and will be one of the MCs. So im predicting him for Artist of the Year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ProfessorChaos
    Topics:

Yesssssss!!!!

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/red-hot-chili-peppers-icon-award-2022-mtv-vmas-1235345312/

The Red Hot Chili Peppers will receive the prestigious Global Icon Award and perform live at the 2022 MTV VMAs, which air Sunday, August 28 at 8. p.m. ET/PT from Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey.

The group’s new video “Tippa My Tongue” will premiere on the channel today. The song appears on the grouo’s forthcoming album, “Return of the Dream Canteen,” due October 14 on Warner Records.

The long-running band, who have won eight VMAs, will return to the show’s stage for the first time in more than two decades, last performing in 2000 when they received the coveted Video Vanguard Award. They scored their 29th nomination – and first since 2006 – in the Best Rock category for “Black Summer,” the lead single from their twelfth studio album, “Unlimited Love.” The group — which in 2019 returned to its longest-running lineup of singer Anthony Kiedis, bassist Flea, drummer Chad Smith and guitarist John Frusciante —has sold more than 60 million albums, won six Grammy Awards and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2012.

The group’s past VMA performances include their 1992 debut with a rendition of “Give it Away,” a rocking performance of “Warped” in 1995 and their last show appearance in 2000, performing “Californication” before accepting the Video Vanguard Award.

The band scored three nominations in their first VMA year — 1990 — for their cover of Stevie Wonder’s “Higher Ground” from their third full-length album, “The Uplift Mofo Party Plan,” with nods for “Breakthrough Video,” “Best Post-Modern Video” & “Best Group Video.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 589 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.