August 19, 2022 at 10:03 am #1205050513
Dove Cameron, Saucy Santana and Yung Gravy announced as pre-show performers.August 19, 2022 at 10:20 am #1205050558
Album of the year:
Bad Bunny, Un Verano Sin Ti
Billie Eilish, Happier Than Ever
Drake, Certified Lover Boy
Harry Styles, Harry’s HouseAugust 19, 2022 at 10:33 am #1205050593
The Video Music Awards for album of the year. MTV getting lost just to get a presence. Formerly artists begged to participate. Today the mtv that is beggingAugust 19, 2022 at 10:38 am #1205050605
Billboard announced the Group/Song of Summer noms
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Song of Summer:
“Me Porto Bonito”
“Break My Soul”
“Left & Right (ft. Jungkook)”
“Wait For U”
“Late Night Talking”
“Big Energy (Remix)”
“About Damn Time”
“Super Freaky Girl”
“I Like You (A Happier Song)”
“Bad Habit”August 19, 2022 at 11:09 am #1205050644
Thank God they’re filling Bad Bunny with nomination already making it clear that Best Latin is from AnittaAugust 19, 2022 at 11:22 am #1205050662
At this point they should just call it the MTV Music Awards. What does AOTY have to do with videos?August 19, 2022 at 11:29 am #1205050667
They only created this one to give to Bad Bunny. He doesn’t have a show on the day of the VMAs, I saw all the dates of his tourAugust 19, 2022 at 12:37 pm #1205050739
Isn’t the Album category also done on Instagram? Harry or Billie are probably winning that one. Then BTS will win Group and “Left and Right” Song of the Summer.August 19, 2022 at 1:34 pm #1205050771
They must be really trying to entice Harry and Doja by giving them 2 extra nods each. They’re now tied for most nominations with Jack Harlow.
It’s also funny to me that the VMAs are NOW trying to recognize albums. Not only has it been almost 15 years since the EMAs got rid of their album category, but it’s also a time when many artists go the droplet route over full albums — which is probably why the category only has 5 nominees lol.August 19, 2022 at 1:57 pm #1205050785
They must be really trying to entice Harry and Doja by giving them 2 extra nods each. They’re now tied for most nominations with Jack Harlow. It’s also funny to me that the VMAs are NOW trying to recognize albums. Not only has it been almost 15 years since the EMAs got rid of their album category, but it’s also a time when many artists go the droplet route over full albums — which is probably why the category only has 5 nominees lol.
No amount of enticing is gonna change the fact that Harry has a show that night. Unless he found a way to clone himself, he’s not attending live.August 19, 2022 at 2:11 pm #1205050795
Also, good for the RHCP! They already have the Vanguard award, so it seems kinda superfluous to give them another special prize. But I’m glad they actually get the “career-spanning medley” treatment at the VMAs. (The 2000 VMAs were the first ones I watched live, and I remember their “Vanguard performance” being just them singing “Californication” on a smaller stage — nothing like the big productions they do now.)
It’s also interesting that they’re already setting the precedent that the Global Icon award is separate from Video Vanguard (and so artists can win both). Hopefully the Foo Fighters get the Vanguard award they truly deserve soon! (And Busta, too, even if his medley from last year was basically a Vanguard performance…)August 19, 2022 at 3:16 pm #1205050830
Ok my quick reactions to everything that just happened today:
1) So the theory that the Icon and Vanguard are the same award is destroyed and Gaga hasn’t won a Vanguard? F-CK!
2) I don’t really mind MTV trying to bring Rock to the ceremony but wouldn’t it be better if they tried by paying more attention to the Rock category itself?
3) Someone here mentioned that they wanted them to go back to handing out several Vanguards per year. His request partially came true (although RHCP had already a Vanguard before 🤷🏻).
4) I’m glad Dove is attending the ceremony but that they relegated her to the Pre-Show puts me off her chances at BNA. It will be missing seeing the finalists on Monday.
5) Don’t they feel the Group of the Year list is too long? But I’m glad they included Silk Sonic.
6) It was already clear that Song of the Summer had become the consolation prize for the performers but this year they were very blatant about it. Marshmello and Kane Brown over Joji and Cardi B? DAMN.
7) I’m surprised BLACKPINK wasn’t included but well at least it won’t be a war between them and Harry like in 2020. It will be a war between Harry, BTS and Nicki where Beyonce will be the victim.
8) I don’t mind the nominees in Album of the Year, it’s a very standard lineup for me. I know Harry will win anyway, maybe it’s his compensation in case Artist of the Year goes to Jack (even though there was 0 hype for him during the voting). I think it’s more likely he’ll get Best Collaboration (although I wanted Megan to win it).
<p style=”text-align: right;”>9) I still think if they’re going to keep putting Marshmello or other Dance acts in, they should at least invent a “Best DJ/EDM act” category if they’re having such a hard time finding videos to nominate.</p>
Hi.August 19, 2022 at 4:10 pm #1205050850
will olivia rodrigo win something? what do y’all think
also i voted a lot for lizzo hopefully she wins many awards tbhAugust 19, 2022 at 4:12 pm #1205050852
Harry is sending a recorded live performance at the Mercury Prize award ceremony (he’s missing it because of tour), so I guess he could send one to the VMAs too?August 19, 2022 at 4:37 pm #1205050860
Harry could always pull a BRITs and show up at the last minute too lmao Doubt it will happen though, but I can see him sending a video, being a pre-recorded performance or just a thank you message, if he wins big.
Also Jack winning Artist of the Year would be one their most ridiculous choices. If they gonna manipulate, do it for Benito! It would be so weird for Jack to win just Collaboration (or nothing at all) though, since he’s one of the MCs and all.Not now
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.