Home Forums Music 2022 MTV Video Music Awards Discussion Part 1

2022 MTV Video Music Awards Discussion Part 1

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 589 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Goldwing
Andresg770
fabcjr
  • Profile picture
    feelspecial
    Topics:

Dove Cameron, Saucy Santana and Yung Gravy announced as pre-show performers.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    feelspecial
    Topics:

New category
    Album of the year:

Adele, 30
    Bad Bunny, Un Verano Sin Ti
    Billie Eilish, Happier Than Ever
    Drake, Certified Lover Boy
    Harry Styles, Harry’s House

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fabcjr
    Topics:

The Video Music Awards for album of the year. MTV getting lost just to get a presence. Formerly artists begged to participate. Today the mtv that is begging

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    keatonzab
    Topics:

Billboard announced the Group/Song of Summer noms

Group:

BLACKPINK

BTS

City Girls

Foo Fighters

Imagine Dragons

Maneskin

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Silk Sonic

Song of Summer:

“Me Porto Bonito”

“Break My Soul”

“Left & Right (ft. Jungkook)”

“Vegas”

“Wait For U”

“Late Night Talking”

“First Class”

“Grand”

“Big Energy (Remix)”

“About Damn Time”

“Numb”

“Super Freaky Girl”

“Sunroof”

“I Like You (A Happier Song)”

“Bizcochito”

“Bad Habit”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fabcjr
    Topics:

Thank God they’re filling Bad Bunny with nomination already making it clear that Best Latin is from Anitta

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

At this point they should just call it the MTV Music Awards. What does AOTY have to do with videos?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fabcjr
    Topics:

They only created this one to give to Bad Bunny. He doesn’t have a show on the day of the VMAs, I saw all the dates of his tour

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

Isn’t the Album category also done on Instagram? Harry or Billie are probably winning that one. Then BTS will win Group and “Left and Right” Song of the Summer.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Andresg770
    Topics:

They must be really trying to entice Harry and Doja by giving them 2 extra nods each. They’re now tied for most nominations with Jack Harlow.

It’s also funny to me that the VMAs are NOW trying to recognize albums. Not only has it been almost 15 years since the EMAs got rid of their album category, but it’s also a time when many artists go the droplet route over full albums — which is probably why the category only has 5 nominees lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Melodies
    Topics:

They must be really trying to entice Harry and Doja by giving them 2 extra nods each. They’re now tied for most nominations with Jack Harlow. It’s also funny to me that the VMAs are NOW trying to recognize albums. Not only has it been almost 15 years since the EMAs got rid of their album category, but it’s also a time when many artists go the droplet route over full albums — which is probably why the category only has 5 nominees lol.

No amount of enticing is gonna change the fact that Harry has a show that night. Unless he found a way to clone himself, he’s not attending live.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Andresg770
    Topics:

Also, good for the RHCP! They already have the Vanguard award, so it seems kinda superfluous to give them another special prize. But I’m glad they actually get the “career-spanning medley” treatment at the VMAs. (The 2000 VMAs were the first ones I watched live, and I remember their “Vanguard performance” being just them singing “Californication” on a smaller stage — nothing like the big productions they do now.)

It’s also interesting that they’re already setting the precedent that the Global Icon award is separate from Video Vanguard (and so artists can win both). Hopefully the Foo Fighters get the Vanguard award they truly deserve soon! (And Busta, too, even if his medley from last year was basically a Vanguard performance…)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Goldwing
    Topics:

Ok my quick reactions to everything that just happened today:

1) So the theory that the Icon and Vanguard are the same award is destroyed and Gaga hasn’t won a Vanguard? F-CK!

2) I don’t really mind MTV trying to bring Rock to the ceremony but wouldn’t it be better if they tried by paying more attention to the Rock category itself?

3) Someone here mentioned that they wanted them to go back to handing out several Vanguards per year. His request partially came true (although RHCP had already a Vanguard before 🤷🏻).

4) I’m glad Dove is attending the ceremony but that they relegated her to the Pre-Show puts me off her chances at BNA. It will be missing seeing the finalists on Monday.

5) Don’t they feel the Group of the Year list is too long? But I’m glad they included Silk Sonic.

6) It was already clear that Song of the Summer had become the consolation prize for the performers but this year they were very blatant about it. Marshmello and Kane Brown over Joji and Cardi B? DAMN.

7) I’m surprised BLACKPINK wasn’t included but well at least it won’t be a war between them and Harry like in 2020. It will be a war between Harry, BTS and Nicki where Beyonce will be the victim.

8) I don’t mind the nominees in Album of the Year, it’s a very standard lineup for me. I know Harry will win anyway, maybe it’s his compensation in case Artist of the Year goes to Jack (even though there was 0 hype for him during the voting). I think it’s more likely he’ll get Best Collaboration (although I wanted Megan to win it).
    <p style=”text-align: right;”>9) I still think if they’re going to keep putting Marshmello or other Dance acts in, they should at least invent a “Best DJ/EDM act” category if they’re having such a hard time finding videos to nominate.</p>

Hi.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    oliviasweep2022
    Topics:

will olivia rodrigo win something? what do y’all think

also i voted a lot for lizzo hopefully she wins many awards tbh

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    HaimOnRye
    Topics:

Harry is sending a recorded live performance at the Mercury Prize award ceremony (he’s missing it because of tour), so I guess he could send one to the VMAs too?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

Harry could always pull a BRITs and show up at the last minute too lmao Doubt it will happen though, but I can see him sending a video, being a pre-recorded performance or just a thank you message, if he wins big.
    Also Jack winning Artist of the Year would be one their most ridiculous choices. If they gonna manipulate, do it for Benito! It would be so weird for Jack to win just Collaboration (or nothing at all) though, since he’s one of the MCs and all.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 589 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.