Home Forums Music 2022 MTV Video Music Awards Discussion Part 1

2022 MTV Video Music Awards Discussion Part 1

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 589 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Goldwing
Andresg770
fabcjr
  • Profile picture
    keatonzab
    Topics:

liked that they added City Girls to Group

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

VMA + New category: Album of the Year = PUKE! 🤢

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gemschai
    Topics:

Adele isn’t winning a “fan voted” award at the VMAs.

I think people really underestimate Adele’s fanbase. They won her a People’s Choice Award last year, and a Kid’s Choice Award and iHeart Radio Award this year. I just had a quick look on Twitter and the voting hashtags for all three are filled with her fanbase. They were dedicated as hell to voting. And they won against the likes of Taylor, Justin, Billie and Doja whose stans have a massive presence on Twitter. So she is most definitely capable of winning a fan voted award.

That said, I still think they’ll give SOTY to Lizzo. Even if Adele gets the most votes, Lizzo’s the only one actually attending and performing so I doubt they’d snub her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

I wonder if VMAs got Adele to attend now that she’s returning 30 promo. So creating a big category for her to win would make sense.

Don’t know why they put 5 nominees now that they got used to put a trillion names per category.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

I wonder if VMAs got Adele to attend now that she’s returning 30 promo. So creating a big category for her to win would make sense.

Don’t know why they put 5 nominees now that they got used to put a trillion names per category.

Ok nvm, just saw Bad Bunny is available on the date

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Also, good for the RHCP! They already have the Vanguard award, so it seems kinda superfluous to give them another special prize. But I’m glad they actually get the “career-spanning medley” treatment at the VMAs. (The 2000 VMAs were the first ones I watched live, and I remember their “Vanguard performance” being just them singing “Californication” on a smaller stage — nothing like the big productions they do now.)

It’s also interesting that they’re already setting the precedent that the Global Icon award is separate from Video Vanguard (and so artists can win both). Hopefully the Foo Fighters get the Vanguard award they truly deserve soon! (And Busta, too, even if his medley from last year was basically a Vanguard performance…)

Now that they delimited Global Icon and Tricon weren’t Vanguard replacements then Gaga and Foo Fighters should have the latter in the future fr. Maybe when they’re promoting their next era.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Red Hot Chili Peppers are very deserving. More so than the Vanguard Award recipient. Album of the Year feels like a weird category for MTV to introduce all of a sudden. When did the Video Music Awards become the Grammys?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Andresg770
    Topics:

I wouldn’t put too much stock on this new Album of the Year category, though. The name sounds important, but they still introduced it as a social media award. When was the last time one of those even got presented on the main show??

Song of Summer’s been around for almost a decade, and it hasn’t been seen near the main stage since 2013 — the first time they gave it out. The last couple of years they’ve announced the SoS winners during the commercials to the pre-show, and some years we’ve had to keep refreshing the VMA website after the show to find out who won lol.

The ones they’ll rig in favor of performers/presenters are probably the genre awards, SOTY, VOTY, and Collaboration. Artist of the Year is a toss-up, since there was that one year Ariana won without showing up (and 4 of the other 5 nominees were at the show).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    oliviasweep2022
    Topics:

olivia’s fans (livies) voted a great deal for her at all the categories she was nom’d in, i think she will at least win a vma for driving home 2 u:)

truly i’m yet to see another fanbase who voted as much as us, even her team (livieshq) encouraged us to vote 💜 we love an organic growth

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Toadspanish
    Topics:

2) I don’t really mind MTV trying to bring Rock to the ceremony but wouldn’t it be better if they tried by paying more attention to the Rock category itself?  

To answer that question, I have a feeling that Best Rock will indeed get presented, especially if Foo Fighters win it. If they win, there’s definitely gonna be a tribute to Taylor Hawkins as the acceptance [not sure if that means all surviving members will be in attendance or accept from satellite], and for MTV’s case, it would also be good promo for the Taylor Hawkins Tribute Concert, which is gonna be broadcast on Viacom-related properties such as Paramount+ and some of the MTV YouTube channels.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    keatonzab
    Topics:

according to TMZ, Johnny Depp is gonna be appearing in the VMAs as a “Spaceperson”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    feelspecial
    Topics:

according to TMZ, Johnny Depp is gonna be appearing in the VMAs as a “Spaceperson”

Oh, that’s not-

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

Horrible idea.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bethylou
    Topics:

This reeks of desperation.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Gross. I hope their show tanks. I’ll just watch Blackpink’s performance on YouTube now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 589 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.