Home Forums Music 2022 MTV Video Music Awards Discussion Part 1

2022 MTV Video Music Awards Discussion Part 1

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 590 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Goldwing
Andresg770
fabcjr

• kingofrapmusic17
    Topics:

My mind needed to process what happened during this show. There were good performances. The winners are….a mixed bag especially the person who won Video of the Year. I’ll be honest. I was heated. Very heated. I wanted to come online and say “F**k this *blank* and her *blank* fans” but what good would that have done? I would’ve been fighting fans all night. Have to accept it. The winners are the winners and life goes on. What I can do? It is what it is. I hope everyone at the show had a good night and let’s see what happens at the American Music Awards and the Grammys.

ReplyCopy URL

Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Taylor did what all artists should use award shows for…promo. Less gimmicks & more music pls.

ReplyCopy URL

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

MG
    Topics:

The VMAs were pretty good this year, a huge improvement from last years show. I really liked Lizzo, Jack, Bad Bunny & Dove’s Performances. Nicki gave one of the best performances of the night. I was very happy to her get the Video Vanguard Award. She is very deserving of it. She did an amazing job and pretty much owned the night. All Too Well was the most deserving for Video Of The Year so I was glad to see Taylor go onstage to accept the award. The production was pretty good and the energy in that arena was massive which made it entertaining to watch. Lizzo, Jack Harlow, Bad Bunny & Dove Cameron gave pretty good performances as well. Apart from Taylor, I was happy to see Lizzo, Dove, Bad Bunny, Nicki, Lisa, Anitta & even Jack win their awards. Overall it was a pretty entertaining VMAs

ReplyCopy URL

aj
    Topics:

the vmas isn’t really a fan voted award show anymore (if it’s ever been), it’s just a “show up and you’ll most likely win” show

ReplyCopy URL

J
    Topics:

The parallels between Gaga announcing Born This Way during her video of the year speech and Taylor announcing Midnights during hers. Iconic. This truly was the best VMA’s in the longest time. Incredible. Loved it.

ReplyCopy URL

LAINELAVIGNE
    Topics:

Wow. This is for me the best VMAs since 2016. Nicki delivered with a great performance and that speech was beautiful. I knew Taylor had something up her sleeves for her to attend. How tf did Hack Jarlow win 4 trophies with boring music videos and doing the bare minimum tho. Overall great show.

ReplyCopy URL

Huerco
    Topics:

Just saw I’m #1 in the predictions centre for the first time! Thank you guys for all debates.

ReplyCopy URL

alex
    Topics:

Just saw I’m #1 in the predictions centre for the first time! Thank you guys for all debates.

congrats!

ReplyCopy URL

Gucci
    Topics:

Taylor Swift, Harry Styles, and every artist I do NOT like + winning =

ReplyCopy URL

vinny
    Topics:

Taylor winning made me very happy. Panic! at the disco losing made me sad. Everything else I was cool with.

ReplyCopy URL

vinny
    Topics:

You needs to really go see a doctor about your vomiting issue lol

ReplyCopy URL

vinny
    Topics:

Don’t forget the reward for winning too! That’s the best part….and I’m talking about the braggin rights for a whole year

ReplyCopy URL

Goldwing
    Topics:

You said it yourself, artists that YOU don’t like

Hi.

ReplyCopy URL

Goldwing
    Topics:

Ok quick opinions I’m doing today because I wanted to avoid the wave of negativity on the forum yesterday [1/3].

The scenario was not as low budget as we thought lol. I like this new architecture of the double stage with the side podium, I think it’s a fresh design and stands out from other award shows.

Wow the airplane cockpit was a nice touch for the opening. I thought that would be an alternative area for guests to sit. It would be great if they do something like that at an upcoming ceremony.

Ok the visual effects really helped Lizzo’s performance but gosh give that woman dancers. I loved Lizzo’s energy but I think it’s unfair how empty her performance felt compared to the rest.

Congratulations Lizzo my gurl your first VMA and I would have loved to see Nicki’s reaction to her throwback roast.

Although I wanted Megan and Dua to win something I won’t complain about Industry Baby. Even if it didn’t get the most votes it has merit for the video and the trending impact of the song.

I’m so happy they managed to bring in a speech from Harry (and 17 I have to admit). Too bad it didn’t happen with Billie but now I know that MTV does contact the winners in advance. Billie probably because of the time difference didn’t send her speech.

I liked Nicki and RHCP’s sequences but don’t they feel they put them too early in the ceremony? Idk the pacing felt weird although more entertaining than last year. Seems to me the show was split into 2 parts.

Hi.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 590 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.