Home Forums Music 2022 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees

2022 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
OscarBait
alex.g
theexterminator

• OscarBait
    Topics:

I’m actually shocked at the Lionel Richie induction. I figured he would be too “MOR” for their taste.

Yeah I had completely written off Richie and Beck, Beck because the consensus seems to be that it’s too early and Richie because it really seems like the modern consensus is that his music hasn’t aged particularly well and that he didn’t add anything new to the music landscape. Clearly voters didn’t care about those things.

ReplyCopy URL

alex.g
    Topics:

Safe choices, no Rage Against the Machine (nominated 4 times) or Kate Bush (nominated 3 times). Not too surprising. Perhaps I was right earlier about Rage Against the Machine’s left wing politics being a problem.

ReplyCopy URL

theexterminator
    Topics:

Safe choices, no Rage Against the Machine (nominated 4 times) or Kate Bush (nominated 3 times). Not too surprising. Perhaps I was right earlier about Rage Against the Machine’s left wing politics being a problem.

Kate (like Scorpions or Motorhead) won’t be inducted 😪. She was bigger here in Europe.

ReplyCopy URL

alex.g
    Topics:

Kate (like Scorpions or Motorhead) won’t be inducted 😪. He was bigger here in Europe.

You probably mean she was bigger in Europe (also Australia/New Zealand). But anyway I suspect you’re right, just like with the Grammys, for foreign artists, unless you have huge sales in the US or have the right connections, you’re going to miss out.

But never say never, Kraftwerk won their first competitive Grammy in 2018, about 40 years too late. Kraftwerk were also inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2021, the year after Florian Schneider died from cancer and not in the performer category either, but as an “early influencer”, years after the people they influenced were inducted.

Perhaps Kate Bush (and Björk) will have their day sometime in the next 20-30 years.

ReplyCopy URL

alex.g
    Topics:

Just one month after the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame snub for Kate Bush, “Running Up That Hill” is the #1 song on the Spotify global chart, as well as the Spotify charts for multiple countries including UK, USA, Australia and New Zealand and Top 10 in multiple official national music charts, including the Hot 100.

Perhaps the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame will choose her to be inducted in 2023, now that the charts have indicated that she might be considered a safe choice.

ReplyCopy URL

123456grace
    Topics:

In recent years, the Rock Hall has allowed for a “fan vote,” allowing fans to vote for their favourite bands on a daily basis for several weeks. The “fans ballot,” which was counted with the other ballots to decide the new inductees, consisted of the top five artists chosen by the public.

Duran Duran won the award by a landslide, with nearly a million votes cast in their favour. Eminem (684,000), Pat Benatar (631,000), Eurythmics (442,000), and Dolly Parton followed the British trailblazers (394,000).

ReplyCopy URL

Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Kate Bush should definitely be inducted after this year.

ReplyCopy URL

Chris Beachum
    Topics:
    ProfessorChaos
    Topics:

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2022/rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-2022-complete-list-performers-inductees/

Very heartbreaking about the Andy Taylor news. Wishing him all the best.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.