Home Forums Music 2023 GRAMMY NOMINATION Reactions

2023 GRAMMY NOMINATION Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 827 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
P(oweR) Valley
Gucci
J

• GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

Azealia Banks had potential around 2011-2012 but she fucked up big time. Girl could’ve been female Kendrick Lamar but she wasted her time on Twitter, starting random beefs and controversies instead of making actual classic hip-hop albums.

I got you stuck in the realness

ReplyCopy URL

JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Azealia Banks had potential around 2011-2012 but she fucked up big time. Girl could’ve been female Kendrick Lamar but she wasted her time on Twitter, starting random beefs and controversies instead of making actual classic hip-hop albums.

She’s basically the female Kanye West: great talent, not-so-great attitude.

ReplyCopy URL

JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

What do y’all think would save the Grammys tanking viewership? Like, what Album of the Year win or any category win would really ramp up or ratings or something?

ReplyCopy URL

Fleur
    Topics:

What do y’all think would save the Grammys tanking viewership? Like, what Album of the Year win or any category win would really ramp up or ratings or something?

The only thing that saved a tv award show views from tanking was someone slapping the presenter midshow tbh

ReplyCopy URL

GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

She’s basically the female Kanye West: great talent, not-so-great attitude.

At least Kanye has classic albums and a likeable personality at the beginning of his career.

ReplyCopy URL

GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

The only thing that saved a tv award show views from tanking was someone slapping the presenter midshow tbh

Kendrick Lamar slapping Harry Styles and Harry Styles spitting on Kendrick Lamar will be gold TV. Also Adele and Beyonce catfight.

ReplyCopy URL

Pip
    Topics:

Popular stars winning their first Grammy category will boost Grammy ratings like Bey winning her first AOTY, Harry his first ROTY and Taylor winning her SOTY, and for a change Adele going home empty handed. That will blow up the ratings and social media. They should do that this year.😁

ReplyCopy URL

JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Is Adele even that much of a fan favorite anymore though? I don’t hear much about her.

ReplyCopy URL

Daivd891
    Topics:

So are all 700 of the writers on Renaissance. You & I might even be nominated at this point

As a musician myself I do kinda resent that 28 producers and 104 songwriters credits could or even should be nominated for AOTY.

ReplyCopy URL

AuxPlayer
    Topics:

Kendrick Lamar slapping Harry Styles and Harry Styles spitting on Kendrick Lamar will be gold TV. Also Adele and Beyonce catfight.

Do this but with One Direction and everyone dies but Harry

ReplyCopy URL

Huerco
    Topics:

People gonna watch it only to see if Beyonce finally wins that AOTY or not. The viewers don’t care about awards shows anymore.

ReplyCopy URL

Daivd891
    Topics:

I  Apparently you can be a Grammy winner without even being a musician of any form now. /quote]

This trend has been slowing increasing over the last 10 to 15 years such that today it is not uncommon to find the “non-musical performer”.

ReplyCopy URL

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, NOTHING can save the Grammys tanking viewership.  No one watches television anymore.  Moreover, folks know the Grammys are racist as fuck.  With the shady snubbing of The Weeknd, rigging of nominees, and nominating Beyoncé in the General Field a shitload of times only for her to continuously lose Album of the Year.  People ain’t about that life!  The public is sick and tired of seeing white women, like Taylor Swift, always winning the big one.  The Grammys lost credibility years ago.

ReplyCopy URL

alex.g
    Topics:

I Apparently you can be a Grammy winner without even being a musician of any form now. /quote] This trend has been slowing increasing over the last 10 to 15 years such that today it is not uncommon to find the “non-musical performer”.

Other than Joe Alwyn, who is now an AOTY winner, I’ve seen some other interesting song-writing and production credits and nominations.

Scooter Braun is listed as a song-writer on Justin Bieber’s AOTY nominated album Justice and Ron Perry (CEO of Columbia) has credits on at least one BTS song, although in fairness to him, he’s known to be a decent guitarist and performed with Post Malone at Coachella 2016 and other performances, so at least he has some history as an actual musician.

ReplyCopy URL

GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

Honey, NOTHING can save the Grammys tanking viewership. No one watches television anymore. Moreover, folks know the Grammys are racist as fuck. With the shady snubbing of The Weeknd, rigging of nominees, and nominating Beyoncé in the General Field a shitload of times only for her to continuously lose Album of the Year. People ain’t about that life! The public is sick and tired of seeing white women, like Taylor Swift, always winning the big one. The Grammys lost credibility years ago.

If you are saying this, you shouldn’t support Adele for her potential sweeping again, that’s kinda contradiction honey.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 827 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.