Home Forums Music 2023 GRAMMY NOMINATION Reactions

2023 GRAMMY NOMINATION Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 826 through 834 (of 834 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
P(oweR) Valley
Gucci
epiphany

• Starbuck1234!
    Topics:

Exactly. Except I hope AoTY went to others.

someone tell me why As it Was or Easy on Me should be ROTY.  Argue this please because I see no way either of them are winning that category.  What is your reasoning.

ReplyCopy URL

Starbuck1234!
    Topics:

When I saw that Taylor didin’t get all the nominations expected I wondered if the whole 20 album version thing may have contributed to some people not voting for her. I read that some in the industry were tossing some shade over it. I wonder if that will have any impact on her chances of winning. I’m admittedly not all that familiar with this kind of thing since I haven’t really followed the Grammy politics too closely. Does anyone know if this could have a potential impact?

not sure I understand your question.  Red TV was re-recorded so she can own her work.  it is definitely worthy of a nominiation, but the original Red had been nominated previously and RedTV was not going to win.  So, while eligible to be nominated, i’m not surprised or upset that it did not get an AOTY nom.  And, I think she got the noms that were expected, at least from my standpoint.  While I thought Red TV would get a AOTY nom, I didn’t expect ROTY.  I think her chances of winning SOTY & music video are very high.  Country song I doubt she will win, and song for visual media is a toss up.  I actually think it is the better Oscar contender between these songs rather than Grammy song.  so, I doubt it will win song for visual media.  I predict 2 wins.

ReplyCopy URL

Starbuck1234!
    Topics:

I’m all for the Beyonce’ GF love, but legitimate question, is “REANAISSANCE” truly the album for which we want her winning her first AOTY Grammy? 

Anything previous to this does not matter.  They don’t give out grammy’s to make amends with fans who got upset.  It doesn’t have to be her BEST album, it has to be the BEST album this year.  And IMO it is.  The only thing that will hurt her, as always, is the number of songwriters and producers.  it diminishes the contribution of the artist who’s name is front and center, and it diminishes their impact.  While I think it still will win AOTY, if it doesn’t… it will be because of the # of songwriters.  The avg for winners is 8.  Hers is…..>50?  If I were judging, I would definitely take that into consideration.

ReplyCopy URL

GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

Who’s gonna split more votes; Adele or Beyonce? Adele got Harry, Lizzo, Coldplay , ABBA and Beyonce got Mary J Blige and Kendrick ( Kendrick is gonna have rap votes but R&B can vote for him too.)

I got you stuck in the realness

ReplyCopy URL

montana82
    Topics:

Does the entire membership vote in each individual category? Are there panels? Juries? For example who votes in the Pop categories? Only pop branch voters? Who votes in R and B? Who votes in the country categories? How many voters we talking here?

"Here's a wonderfully b*tchy post from Montana82...." - Tom O'Neill Emmy Prediction Slugfest August 1st, 2019

ReplyCopy URL

Goldwing
    Topics:

I’m going to interrupt the conversation to remind you that voting for the Goldderby Music Awards ends tonight. When do you think Daniel will announce the nominees?

Hi.

ReplyCopy URL

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Aguilera also received a Best Immersive Audio Album nomination.  Eat it!

ReplyCopy URL

alex.g
    Topics:

Joe is a trained musician, he is not a professional one, but he lives with one of the best. She can take something he is playing with and turn it into a song. Those >100 people getting credit for other albums, some were in the room, some had an idea, some picked up the lunch, some did not a thing. At least Joe Alwyn started the piano, Taylor made them into songs. And, just because someone isn’t a professional musician, doesn’t mean that they cannot be a part of a record in a significant way. Taylor had Dylan OBrien playing drums on Midnights and he’s not a professional musician. Joe Alwyn also plays piano on her albums and wrote the piano parts for several songs. That’s how they became songs. duh.

Joe Alwyn did not win for song writing.

He did not have enough song writing credits to qualify under the 33% playing time rule in place for the 2021 awards, so Taylor had the original credits changed to add him as a producer. Even if he helped Taylor to set up the microphone and record some of her vocals, that is not production, that is the job of the recording engineer. No one believes he did any production on the album.

ReplyCopy URL

isacgraca
    Topics:

Just realized i finished 14 on the Predictions, with an accuracy of 85,29, the same the first 17 predictors got!

Very happy about it!

Special thanks to ABBA and Domi & JD Beck

One nome for Zach Bryan in BNA, and would have finished 1st!

My second year predicting!

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 9 posts - 826 through 834 (of 834 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.