Home Forums Music 2023 Grammy’s Album of the Year

2023 Grammy’s Album of the Year

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 1,535 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
P(oweR) Valley
Gucci
Cameron
2023 Grammy’s Album of the Year
ABBA - Voyage
Adele - 30
Bad Bunny - Un Verano Sin Ti
Beyoncé - Renaissance
Brandi Carlile - In These Silent Days
Coldplay - Music of the Spheres
Harry Styles - Harry’s House
Kendrick Lamar - Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers
Lizzo - Special
Mary J. Blige - Good Morning Gorgeous (Deluxe)

• Mother Dináh
    Topics:

I changed my mind about bad bunny. sorry adele and beyoncé fans. I read his interview in billboard and hated how he became such a hypocrite. I hope this race is still Adele and Beyoncé’s

Is this just because he said he said he doesn’t want to record a soulless phoned in remix with a popular Brazilian artist just to boost his streaming numbers inorganically like other reggaetoneros do? Bad Bunny was not talking about your precious Anitta. He was talking about mediocre artists who care more about doing numbers than the quality of their music.

ReplyCopy URL

Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Lizzo will replace Yeah Yeah Yeahs on SNL next week.

Here’s how Lizzo (& Björk) can still win. /s We can dream, am I right?

ReplyCopy URL

NilsBecky13
    Topics:

Adele’s gonna sweep again. After seeing Bruno’s sweep last year isn’t it obvious? All of Adele’s submissions got accepted and this should tell you something. She is NOT going empty handed at all!

ReplyCopy URL

Slw84
    Topics:

Honey, the big artist going empty handed in the GF this year is Adele. General public is tired of her overcompensated repititive whiny ballads. As It Was will win the song categories not only because it is the years biggest song with insane longevity, it is also acclaimed and the fitting anthem of 2022.

But the voters are not the general public. It’s not like the viewer’s choice award.

ReplyCopy URL

GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

I think Brandi Carlile has a real chance of taking it. She will get a lot of support from Country and American Roots voters. I think she’ll even get some support from Rock/Alternative voters as well. I don’t think voters will want to give yet another AOTY win to Adele.

Same here, too many popstars will be splitting votes between each other. We saw Americana voters power last year with Jon Batiste. Everybody talk about Adele this, Beyonce that but reality will hit them in the face.

I got you stuck in the realness

ReplyCopy URL

Cameron
    Topics:

Jon Batiste had more than just Americana though. He pulled votes from R&B, Jazz, Classical, & Most likely the Visual Media block. He had multiple fields pulling for him for his AOTY win. He possibly got votes from the New Age group as well.

ReplyCopy URL

GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

Jon Batiste had more than just Americana though. He pulled votes from R&B, Jazz, Classical, & Most likely the Visual Media block. He had multiple fields pulling for him for his AOTY win. He possibly got votes from the New Age group as well.

Brandi Carlile has cross-genre appeal too. Rock, Alternative, Country, Americana, she even has a Pop Solo nomination from last year. She can pull it too, also she’s the safe choice in that line-up. She doesn’t have any controversies, she doesn’t have too many writing credits, she doesn’t have any fatigue.

I got you stuck in the realness

ReplyCopy URL

woodvale
    Topics:

Beyoncé will win, theres no hype for Brandi.

ReplyCopy URL

Steezy
    Topics:

This seems like the year Beyoncé will finally win AOTY and break the record for most Grammy wins by any artist ever.

ReplyCopy URL

Munchi
    Topics:

Yes, Jon had cross-genre appeal, even more than Brandi. It did him no good against Silk Sonic who stuck to a single non-Pop genre. Brandi suffered similar fate.

Users have hinted at a potential pop artist split but this year had the following pop stars: Silk Sonic, Doja, Billie, Olivia, ABBA, Lil Nas & Bieber.

Adele is a bigger darling than Silk Sonic and is competing with better chart performance, reviews and numbers.

Nonetheless, I feel she will lose some categories, just not fully sold on the victor being Brandi.

Beyoncé has a lot in her favour and Harry fits the demographic majority. Brandi has passion but missed SOTY for a start.

ReplyCopy URL

Boz
    Topics:

Brandi Carlile has cross-genre appeal too. Rock, Alternative, Country, Americana, she even has a Pop Solo nomination from last year. She can pull it too, also she’s the safe choice in that line-up. She doesn’t have any controversies, she doesn’t have too many writing credits, she doesn’t have any fatigue.

She has no voters in alternative. I also don’t think she has pop voters, that nomination was due to her posting on social media that the song was gonna be in pop and pretty much askinh her fanbase to vote there. So it’s just rock, country, and Americana. Granted, that can be enough for a win.

ReplyCopy URL

Boz
    Topics:

I feel like AOTY is one of the categories Adele will lose more easily. I can see her losing here and winning R/SOTY, or just being relegated to the pop field.

ReplyCopy URL

bledsoe
    Topics:

I agree with that, but the fact that she couldn’t beat Kacey Musgraves makes me put her in 3rd

ReplyCopy URL

P(oweR) Valley
    Topics:

Same here, too many popstars will be splitting votes between each other. We saw Americana voters power last year with Jon Batiste. Everybody talk about Adele this, Beyonce that but reality will hit them in the face.

I get your point, and you could be right. But Jon Batiste was nominated in six fields in a straight vote. That’s a heavy level of support. I wouldn’t be surprised if he had a strong lead over the other contenders.

ReplyCopy URL

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, do NOT overthink this. There was no Adele-type artist nominated in Album or the Year last year. No way is Brandi Carlile getting more votes than Adele, Beyoncé, and Kendrick Lamar. Girlfriend is 4th at best.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 1,535 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.