Home Forums Music 2023 Grammy’s Album of the Year

2023 Grammy’s Album of the Year

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 865 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
12 mins ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Gucci
P(oweR) Valley
Pip
2023 Grammy’s Album of the Year
ABBA - Voyage
Adele - 30
Bad Bunny - Un Verano Sin Ti
Beyoncé - Renaissance
Brandi Carlile - In These Silent Days
Coldplay - Music of the Spheres
Harry Styles - Harry’s House
Kendrick Lamar - Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers
Lizzo - Special
Mary J. Blige - Good Morning Gorgeous (Deluxe)

• added
    Topics:

Delloite knows the winners, but they keep it secret until they deliver the envelopes the same day the ceremony takes place, I guess early, so they can edit the graphics for the grammy premiere with the winners name on the screen.

ReplyCopy URL

meowyalahotep
    Topics:

Don’t they have to know winners to make the show? When Lemonade lost AOTY, Urban Album category was put in the second half.

ReplyCopy URL

PopGuy
    Topics:

Congrats Brandi and Harry!

Meet me at midnight…

ReplyCopy URL

Cameron
    Topics:

Adele does not know if she won yet. It’s obvious she has 2 shows that weekend but she has a long gap between Saturday & her next date so she could still make a last minute appearance. A ROTY & SOTY winner has not shown up before lol (Childish Gambino).

ReplyCopy URL

Cameron
    Topics:

Don’t they have to know winners to make the show? When Lemonade lost AOTY, Urban Album category was put in the second half.

Beyoncé was performing plus all of the nominees in that category was attended. That could be the reason as well.

ReplyCopy URL

Huerco
    Topics:

Y’all are really delusional if you think the production does not know who won each category and the show is not planned according to the results. Obviously they know and it is. And if some big A-list artist needs to know if they won something, they will told them. Big names are ratings. And ratings is what they want. This is television. Nothing is 100% true.

ReplyCopy URL

GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

I remember Amy Winehouse broadcasted from UK, when she didn’t make it to the ceremony.

I got you stuck in the realness

ReplyCopy URL

HaimOnRye
    Topics:

I have been saying Brandi takes AOTY since the beginning I saw the vision!!

ReplyCopy URL

James Gibson
    Topics:

Producers def know the winner and it shows in the category presentation order. Ofc artists themselves can deduce the result based on that as well.
    Most blantant cases are 2016 ceremony only featuring one win by each artist on the telecast despite certain categories being up in the air (and also only airing AOTY from the categories Taylor won was a huge risk, so they def knew). Besides them putting R&B perf on the show in 2021 at last minute probably after Beyoncé confirming her presence. And ofc in 2019 when Drake showed up out of the blue from the backstage to accept Rap song despite not confirming presence before and trashing the Grammys, he was def told he was winning and thats why he only appeared for that.

However idk how far certain artists are told they won something. Adele might just skip to avoid an embarrassing situation but this doesn’t mean she lost, they will just have someone accept on her behalf like Childish Gambino in 2019, Amy Winehouse BNA and SOTY in 2008 and a trillion other examples. But the way her residency skipped exactly the Grammy date makes me think she’s attending even if not performing.

ReplyCopy URL

joesilver
    Topics:

If “As It Was” wins Music Video then a big sweep is coming for him. That means he’s winning Pop Solo, ROTY and SOTY too

ReplyCopy URL

joesilver
    Topics:

Y’all are really delusional if you think the production does not know who won each category and the show is not planned according to the results. Obviously they know and it is. And if some big A-list artist needs to know if they won something, they will told them. Big names are ratings. And ratings is what they want. This is television. Nothing is 100% true.

They know it early the same day of the awards but not 2 weeks before…

Usually they try to book the most nominated artists and the ones with most chances to win. Artists with a lot of nominations have gone empty handed just like Billie and Bieber last year.

I really doubt Billie and Finneas would have gone to perform if they knew Billie was going empty handed, but she attended and posponed one of her tour shows because knew she had big chances to win.

ReplyCopy URL

Jpfinna
    Topics:

Production definitely knows the winners. In 2021 Bey didn’t confirm her attendance until the Friday before the show (per the producer). Best R&B performance was supposed to be in the pre-show but they moved it to the main show when they heard she was coming so she could have her moment.

ReplyCopy URL

lovetodream
    Topics:

i remember last year they also moved rap album to the pre show and put rap performance or song (i forgot which one) to the main show, i’m guessing production doesn’t know that early on because rap album was on the pre show according to the pamphlet they passed out at the event

ReplyCopy URL

Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  Brandi Carlile is NOT taking Album of the Year.  You must have been high as a kite when you saw that vision.

ReplyCopy URL

NilsBecky13
    Topics:

I think the producers know the winners already! They move categories where A-listers won to the main show. The random movement of categories between pre show and main show every year just proves that. Also they invite celebs to attend by revealing they’ve won sumn previously. Gaga’s last minute performance and Bey’s sudden attendence proves that.

It’ll happen again this year. If no big names are attending then they’ll prolly reveal they won sumn to them and make them perform/attend at the last minute.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 865 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.