Home Forums Music 2023 Grammy’s Album of the Year

2023 Grammy’s Album of the Year

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 1,539 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 hour ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
P(oweR) Valley
Gucci
Cameron
2023 Grammy’s Album of the Year
ABBA - Voyage
Adele - 30
Bad Bunny - Un Verano Sin Ti
Beyoncé - Renaissance
Brandi Carlile - In These Silent Days
Coldplay - Music of the Spheres
Harry Styles - Harry’s House
Kendrick Lamar - Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers
Lizzo - Special
Mary J. Blige - Good Morning Gorgeous (Deluxe)

• Huerco
    Topics:

Well, I don’t think the Gaga’s performance last year was a last call. She wasn’t there to recive an award. She just wanted to do a tribute to her friend Tony Bennett. Her category wasn’t even in the telecast. They just confirmed her late to create a last minute hype.

ReplyCopy URL

NilsBecky13
    Topics:

Well, I don’t think the Gaga’s performance last year was a last call. She wasn’t there to recive an award. She just wanted to do a tribute to her friend Tony Bennett. Her category wasn’t even in the telecast. They just confirmed her late to create a last minute hype.

Idk. Having Gaga on the lineup will pull more viewers and they wouldn’t miss an opportunity like that. They would’ve used her name from the beginning to pull in viewers. And normally all the tribute performances will be announced in the beginning. All the ads would’ve been “Gaga tribute to Tony Bennett only on Grammys” or sumn like that.

But what you said could be true too. But personally I think it’s not because the lineup was mid from the beginning and looked like they had to come up with something.

ReplyCopy URL

Ziggiy
    Topics:

I can’t see Beyonce NOT showing up if she wins AOTY and if she is then the Producers will let her know ahead of time just as they did in 2021. Jay-Z is also heavily rumored to be performing so she’ll show if only to support him. I’d be  Surprised if somehow the producers don’t do everything short of getting on their knees and begging to get her to perform as well.

Jay-Z always puts on a great show and like Nas last year he deserves to have on his legendary resume that he performed at the Grammys. But him performing probably means no Kendrick Lamar as I can’t think of a time when two rappers have performed different sets at the Grammys.

ReplyCopy URL

Ziggiy
    Topics:

hitsdd is reporting that harry is “deserving” of aoty according to business people

I read “An artist currently enjoying a giant chart run” as SZA

ReplyCopy URL

HaimOnRye
    Topics:

Sorry but the “I won’t show up unless I get the big prize” is such a cheap mentality I will not ascribe it to any of these musicians 🙏 also the poster who commented about 2021: the committee was still a thing then. And if you are skeptical of committee votes AND general votes, what are they supposed to do? Sometimes I think posters ascribe to “corruption” all decisions they don’t like. I have to say the “politics” comments in the HDD was not inspiring trust but what do they even know :/ there needs to be more transparency but even just the fact that we’re tuning in and here means that there is value left. But artists need to go and perform, or that value is lost.

ReplyCopy URL

NilsBecky13
    Topics:

But artists need to go and perform, or that value is lost.

Sorry but what value? They nominated “ABCDEFU” in a Songwriting category. I’m glad that artists aren’t attending the Grammys unless they’re guaranteed a win. It’s what they deserve

ReplyCopy URL

GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

I also remember when somebody like Eminem said ” They use us for ratings but they give the big awards to Arcade Fire or Steely Dan.”

Kendrick didn’t attend or perform in 2019 because he probably knew that he won’t win the big categories. I also support the artists decision for not showing up unless they won something big.

I got you stuck in the realness

ReplyCopy URL

lovetodream
    Topics:

I read “An artist currently enjoying a giant chart run” as SZA

I was thinking that too, but SZA has never publicly talked bad at the Grammys or been badly snubbed (although I do wish she won for ctrl, all the stars, and good days) + she just won last year… on the other hand Miley only has 1 grammy nomination despite being a fairly well known star

ReplyCopy URL

Huerco
    Topics:

Miley Cyrus performed at the Grammys like 659 times

ReplyCopy URL

Bridgers13
    Topics:

Yeah I’m really not sure who they were talking about. SZA won last year, Miley has performed before… unless they’re talking about Drake or Abel, but those two already made it very clear they want nothing to do with the show.

ReplyCopy URL

PopGuy
    Topics:

It’s pretty obvious Carlile has it in the bag. That lesbian has had stupendous success with the Grammys in recent years. Nod after nod not just in her genre but also across the general field. She always delivers some of the best performances of the night and not to mention she is absolutely adored by everyone in the industry. Not all of Adele’s rich ass friends who saw her perform at that telescope can vote. It’s ovah peeps!

Congratulations 12 Time Grammy Winner Taylor Swift!

All Too Well (The Short Film) -BEST MUSIC VIDEO!

ReplyCopy URL

added
    Topics:

Wasn’t Brandi caught being in the same room with the grammy executive committee when they were deciding who from the top 15 were gonna get nominated in the final lineup?

Another proof of they knowing the winners beforehand, was when Billie swept and they changed BPVA from the main telecast to the premiere and put BPSP instead at the last minute, because they knew Lizzo was winning the latter. Imagine having Billie on stage 5 times.

ReplyCopy URL

awardsfc
    Topics:

She’s giving the album of the year winner vibes

ReplyCopy URL

HaimOnRye
    Topics:

Mary J Blige in AOTY was NOT good for Beyoncé

ReplyCopy URL

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, you girls thought Brandi Carlile was winning Best Pop Solo Performance last year.  Totally delulu if y’all think she is winning Album of the Year over THAT bitch Adele.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 1,539 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.