Home Forums Music 2023 Grammy’s Song of the Year

2023 Grammy’s Song of the Year

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 419 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Crandon
Gucci
P(oweR) Valley
2023 Grammy’s Song of the Year
Adele - Easy on Me
Beyoncé - Break My Soul
Bonnie Raitt - Just Like That
DJ Khaled Featuring Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, John Legend & Fridayy - God
Gayle - ABCDEFU
Harry Styles - As It Was
Kendrick Lamar - The Heart Part 5
Lizzo - About Damn Time
Steve Lacy - Bad Habit
Taylor Swift - All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (The Short Film)

• Pip
    Topics:

Honey, we are all tired of Balladele’s sound. It’s the same s*it for a decade now. No innovation, no progression, no variety. Only white voters in their 60’s enjoy Grandma Adele’s music but sadly even Grammy’s white old-timers may opt to vote for Abba over Balladele. So yes, it’s about damn time Balladele gets NO GF WINS after years of undeserved sweeps.

Get fucking real! Adele is NOT losing all three main categories next year. Some users are completely delusional.

ReplyCopy URL

Mrostamen
    Topics:

Honey, we are all tired of Balladele’s sound. It’s the same s*it for a decade now. No innovation, no progression, no variety. Only white voters in their 60’s enjoy Grandma Adele’s music but sadly even Grammy’s white old-timers may opt to vote for Abba over Balladele. So yes, it’s about damn time Balladele gets NO GF WINS after years of undeserved sweeps.

I remind you, that EOM has more cultural significance than AIW

ReplyCopy URL

Atypical
    Topics:

Why is this thread separated from the ROTY thread?

ROTY and SOTY are the same category to Grammy voters. The winners don’t split, truly. Only time you get different winners is when one song isn’t nominated in the other category, and even then 99% of the time it was because of the song either being ineligible or committee clearly blocking it (which isn’t a thing anymore so it will become even less common).

The same song is winning both this year, per usual.

The Grammys will never combine their marquee General Field categories, and there have been multiple ROTY/SOTY splits over the show’s history that we have to go through the exercise of discussing both categories regardless. I’d agree that voters more often than not conflate the two categories incorrectly. One category should acknowledge production and popularity, while the other should focus on songwriting. That’s rarely accomplished, and lately almost outright abandoned.

ReplyCopy URL

Crandon
    Topics:

End of year lists are interesting.

ReplyCopy URL

Crandon
    Topics:

Can you explain why? As It Was alludes to the mental health problems arising from lockdown and the chorus is about how the pandemic changed the world permanently. Easy On Me is just another break up song.

ReplyCopy URL

Mrostamen
    Topics:

Can you explain why? As It Was alludes to the mental health problems arising from lockdown and the chorus is about how the pandemic changed the world permanently. Easy On Me is just another break up song.

AIW is an unremarkable song for the radio or background music for locker rooms

ReplyCopy URL

flower boy
    Topics:

The only Adele song that performed best (Year-End Hot 100) among the nominees and won was Rolling in the Deep. Hello had 3 nominees above in ROTY, Set Fire to the Rain had 2 nominees above in BPSP, Someone Like You had 3 nominees above in BPSP, Chasing Pavements had 4 nominees above in BFPVP.

ReplyCopy URL

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, “As It Was” is beyond unremarkable.  Record of the Year/Song of the Year, my ass!  BARF!

ReplyCopy URL

P(oweR) Valley
    Topics:

I don’t think Adele is sweeping at all, but the fact that Adele actually performed better on Billboard year-end and the album is climbing on Billboard thanks to her residency really got y’all shaking in your boots.
    gif

ReplyCopy URL

Pip
    Topics:

The only significance EOM has is over old white women who still love sad pity me I’m a victim ballads. Balladele’s EOM has been forgotten months ago while AIW has remained in the TOP 5 for most of its run, the longest solo nos 1 in the BB, longest nos 2 and nos 3. And it is the anthem of the pandemic era which everyone can relate to, not some whiny vomit-inducing song only old I am so dramatic white women enjoy.

And by the way, Balladele has lost her cultural relevance. Taylor is the new Queen of white music. 😁

ReplyCopy URL

flower boy
    Topics:

Grammys Betting Odds: Adele’s “Easy On Me” Favored For Song Of The Year; Taylor Swift, Harry Styles Also In Mix

Recognizing Adele’s history of success the Grammys and the significant impact and visibility of the single, oddsmakers are presently favoring her “Easy On Me” to win Song of the Year.

Adele’s “Easy On Me” +150
    Taylor Swift’s “All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor’s Version)” +250
    Harry Styles’s “As It Was” +300
    Beyonce’s “BREAK MY SOUL” +850
    Steve Lacy’s “Bad Habit” +1000
    Lizzo’s “About Damn Time” +1200
    Kendrick Lamar’s “The Heart Part 5” +1500
    GAYLE’s “abcdefu” +2500
    DJ Khaled’s “God Did (featuring Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, John Legend & Friday)” +3300
    Bonnie Raitt’s “Just Like That” +4000

ReplyCopy URL

Crandon
    Topics:

Honey, “As It Was” is beyond unremarkable. Record of the Year/Song of the Year, my ass! BARF!

It’s much more of an earworm than the tepid EOM. I can’t even remember the tune of that. Adele has had some great songs, all of which were on 19 and 21.

‘Recognizing Adele’s history of success the Grammys and the significant impact and visibility of the single, oddsmakers are presently favoring her “Easy On Me” to win Song of the Year.’

Grammys can’t ignore the BLM movement and the events of 2020. Adele and Taylor were allowed to sweep pre BLM Grammys. That hasn’t happened since, and it won’t.

ReplyCopy URL

flower boy
    Topics:

Yup. The BLM movement, therefore ‘As It Was’ SOTY. Don’t fuck.

ReplyCopy URL

Crandon
    Topics:

Yup. The BLM movement, therefore ‘As It Was’ SOTY. Don’t fuck.

BLM and the press yelling that the Grammys are racist means no Adele sweep. She also let down many voters by cancelling her residency with 24 hours notice. People had already flown out to Vegas. Adele is way past her best and such a one trick pony. Time to move on.

ReplyCopy URL

P(oweR) Valley
    Topics:

She also let down many voters by cancelling her residency with 24 hours notice.

How do you know? Only fans were disappointed, but majority of their tickets were honored, and her shows are doing awesome now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 419 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.