Home Forums Music 2023 Grammy’s Song of the Year

2023 Grammy’s Song of the Year

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 325 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
48 mins ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
Crandon
Gucci
PopGuy
2023 Grammy’s Song of the Year
Adele - Easy on Me
Beyoncé - Break My Soul
Bonnie Raitt - Just Like That
DJ Khaled Featuring Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, John Legend & Fridayy - God
Gayle - ABCDEFU
Harry Styles - As It Was
Kendrick Lamar - The Heart Part 5
Lizzo - About Damn Time
Steve Lacy - Bad Habit
Taylor Swift - All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (The Short Film)

• Bee
    Topics:

59 votes for ATW? Oh, Swifties, why do y’all do this to yourselves every time? Where, exactly, is Taylor gonna get votes from? Not Pop since they chose a Bad Bunny single over hers, not Country, not Americana, not Alt etc., ATW doesn’t have genre support (even Cardigan had that with the Pop Solo nom).

ReplyCopy URL

maxinho
    Topics:

Longevity was the only thing left for Taylor to force. 😭

ReplyCopy URL

Alexandra
    Topics:

ATW would be a worthy winner but the support is severely lacking as other users have stated. Country will support her but she is going to need a lot more than that going up again Adele.

I like Taylor but it’s not happening. Her best shot at a win is best music video.

ReplyCopy URL

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, 60 votes for “All Too Well”… Dream on, delusional Swifties!  You Swifter Dusters need to put down that crack pipe.

ReplyCopy URL

flower boy
    Topics:

A Grammy-bait ballad 10 weeks at #1 that has charted in Pop, Rock, R&B/hip-hop, Country, Dance, Adult Contemporary and Adult Alternative isn’t going to be easily beaten here.

ReplyCopy URL

MD JIVE
    Topics:

I think that now that Song of the Year category has 10 nominees, it’s time to think about adding a Best Pop Song category. I think in the past (early 90s, 80s etc) the general field nominees were usually 5 pop recordings. So Song of the Year and Pop song would’ve been basically the same category. Now with ten nominees, it can’t be the same nominees in both categories. I think every year a song or two only gets nominated in Song of the Year because there is no Pop song category to honor and nominate these well crafted pop songs.

ReplyCopy URL

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, we’ve been through this already.  No Best Pop Song category.  If there were one, that would’ve been another easy win for Adele.

ReplyCopy URL

Visitors
    Topics:

I voted Adele. I think she has this, if not, it will be Harry.

ReplyCopy URL

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, let’s discuss a bad bitch!

On Sunday, February 5, 2023, Adele will make history at the 65th Annual Grammy Awards as the first woman to win Song of the Year three times.  Girls, get ready!

ReplyCopy URL

haimclub
    Topics:

Honey, let’s discuss a bad bitch! On Sunday, February 5, 2023, Adele will make history at the 65th Annual Grammy Awards as the first woman to win Song of the Year three times. Girls, get ready!

She would be the first songwriter in history. No one has won three times.

Songwriters with two wins:

Adele

Brody Brown

Adam Clayton

D’Mile

The Edge

James Horner

Will Jennings

Henry Mancini

Bruno Mars

Johnny Mercer

Larry Mullen Jr.

U2

ReplyCopy URL

PopGuy
    Topics:

Fadele will win this.

Meet me at midnight…

ReplyCopy URL

alex.g
    Topics:

Pop is not a indicator in the Taylor Swift’s case if she won Album Of The Year losing Best Pop Vocal Album. All Too Well is a song from a country album. The lack of Best Pop Solo Performance means nothing because she still can have votes from country and americana block. Pop will obviously go with Adele and Harry.

Folklore is not a good example, as she was nominated in BPVA in that era and was probably second behind Dua Lipa. The better comparison would be Evermore where she didn’t get another nomination.

In the past you might have been Top 5 in ROTY, but the committee didn’t select you, or you might have been #6 and perhaps you still had a chance to win SOTY.

This time we know she was outside the Top 10 in ROTY and outside the Top 6 in Pop.

All Too Well might have been a good choice if it was submitted back in 2012, or whenever it was new, but even then there would have been a lot of musicians that wouldn’t have considered it to be good song writing and would not have voted for it.

ReplyCopy URL

Final2
    Topics:

I love people who think vote splitting will work against Taylor considering she’s belonged in roughly 5 different genres of music.

She probably won’t win, she deserves to but won’t. But who else has been nominated for a song written and released over 10 years ago? Plus the song is already considered one of the greatest songs ever written and recorded. The legacy of All Too Well is not a Grammy…it’s that it’s one of the greatest songs ever made.

Winning a Grammy is not (in my book) as important as literally having a 10 year old deep cut be relevant a decade later. The song wasn’t even a single.

Like seriously just looking at the facts, why do people literally think Grammys are the end all means to success?

ReplyCopy URL

Final2
    Topics:

Tonight I sincerely want to thank the swifties.

you’re so delusional every time I open these threads I laugh out loud.

one of the greatest songs of all time hahahahaha what a joke.

Rolling stone had a poll in 2021 in which “more than 250 artists, musicians, producers, critics, journalists and industry figures” called it the 69th greatest song ever recorded.

There’s a difference between opinions and facts. Facts are not delusions.

ReplyCopy URL

alex.g
    Topics:

Rolling stone had a poll in 2021 in which “more than 250 artists, musicians, producers, critics, journalists and industry figures” called it the 69th greatest song ever recorded. There’s a difference between opinions and facts. Facts are not delusions

The same Rolling Stone that put Harry Styles, ‘Fine Line’ in their Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Albums Of All Time, less than a year after it was released?

I’m not sure how many actual musicians would consider All To Well one of the greatest songs of all time.

The lyrics are fine I guess, but song writing is more than just lyrics. There is nothing outstanding about the melody or chord progression. The chord progression is just I-V-vi-IV in both the verse and chorus.

Even before “All Too Well” was released, people were making jokes about how that chord progression had become a pop music cliché.

This is from 2009 and has 78M views: Axis of Awesome – 4 Four Chord Song
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pidokakU4I

Rick Beato: The Four Chords That Killed POP Music! (Taylor gets a special mention here)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuGt-ZG39cU

Here is the most recent one from David Bennett Piano.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8ImkF7FMPw

Some have used (this chord progression) so much, they could probably make an entire album of songs using this progression.

You’ll never guess who he is referring to.

No support in ROTY or Pop
    Based on a unimaginative, and clichéd song structure

This doesn’t seem like Song of the Year to me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 325 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.