Home Forums Music AOTY Grammy line-ups from 1984 till today discussion

AOTY Grammy line-ups from 1984 till today discussion

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 572 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Cardi
Miss Americana
arodfan
  • Profile picture
    theexterminator
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>System of a Down or Coldplay should have been nominated instead Macca.</p>

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Mariah should’ve won the entire GF.

EOM deserved a 5 in 1 night sweep much like Beyoncé, Norah, & Lauryn. 🤷🏾‍♂️

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

The Emancipation of Mimi or Late Registration should’ve won.

Profile picture
    weird fishes
    Topics:

Late Registration

Profile picture
    Michael Myers
    Topics:

how in the WORLD U2 won this award when Mariah and Kanye literally right there? 🤯

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

U2 was a Grammy favorite. That’s how. Mariah only had two Grammy Awards prior, and it took her FIFTEEN years to win the other three. Kanye had the rap bias going against him, and he did have section of Grammy voters that were against his Bush comments.

I’m glad the U2 name check ended after that.

Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

2006 is DEFINITELY one of two years that Kanye should have won AOTY. Late Registration was Kanye’s second straight classic album and simply GLORIOUS from top to bottom. Kanye and Jon Brion really crafted some excellent production and Kanye and his team really stepped up on the song writing. That album is truly a crown jewel in Kanye’s discography and the BEST album of 2005.

Profile picture
    kettycas
    Topics:

I’ve never get the appeal of U2 and Bono has always given me the creepy vibes. Anyway, any of the four nominees should’ve have won over that album. This was the year of the iconic upset of Kelly Clarkson beating McCartney and Gwen in Pop Vocal Album. Although, I felt bad for Gwen.

Profile picture
    RichardAniston
    Topics:

Kanye got robbed. Late Registration is a classic. Kanye improved significantly as an MC from his debut and the production was on point.

Profile picture
    Cardi
    Topics:

U2 + another Album of the Year win = BARF!

Honey, Mariah Carey or Kanye West should’ve won.

Profile picture
    arodfan
    Topics:

More Kanye West robbery here. Huge album, better than his debut, significantly acclaimed, and a top 5 album of the decade for me. Phenomenal record. Mariah’s album was decent, but had significant flaws(too many features, too much filler, etc.). U2’s album just bored me to death. Huge step down from their classics and even ATYCLB. The McCartney record was his best in years and my personal runner-up. I have never been a fan of Gwen Stefani as a solo artist(outside of her feature on Let Me Blow Ya Mind) and this is no exception.

Profile picture
    BICTH
    Topics:

Late Registration A+
    The Emancipation of Mimi A-
    Love. Angel. Music. Baby. B+
    How to Dismantle an Automic Bomb B
    Chaos and Creation in the Backyard C+

Late Registration is nothing short of perfection, one of the greatest records ever made. Gwen’s first solo effort revealed that the problem was the band all along and promised fun and edgy pop diva on the rise that never quite came true. U2 and McCartney get their usual spots, will take Funeral and Extraordinary Machine over them any minute.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

2007, Album of the year

The nominees were:

Dixie Chicks – Taking the LongWay (WINNER)

Gnarls Barkley – St. Elsewhere

John Mayer – Continuum

Red Hot Chilli Peppers – Stadium Arcadium

Justin Timberlake – Future Sex/Love Sounds

The 2007 Grammys had a diverse line-up of country, soul, pop, rock, funk. After previous nominations, Dixie Chicks finally won Album of the year with their country album, one of the many consecutive hit country albums of the group. Justin Timberlake with his pop-rock album with many hits was also nominated. Notable were the nominations of Gnarls Barkley and John Mayer. Red Hot Chilli Peppers after a big career of iconic albums got their first AOTY nomination. It is interesting Blood Sugar Sex Magik  and Californication missed AOTY from their discography.

Some photos from 2007 Grammys:

Dixies Chicks, currently known as The Chicks, after changing their stage name

Rihanna, known for Pon De Replay and SOS at the time. That was just the start of a big career and global domination that would come with Umbrella in 2007.

Carrie Underwood

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 572 total)

The topic ‘AOTY Grammy line-ups from 1984 till today discussion’ is closed to new replies.