Home Forums Music AOTY Grammy line-ups from 1984 till today discussion

AOTY Grammy line-ups from 1984 till today discussion

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 572 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Cardi B
Miss Americana
arodfan
  • Profile picture
    ELIAS🍂
    Topics:

random access memories is one of the best winners ever, probably up there will Thriller, Rumors, Tapestry, Golden Hour, The Suburbs, Tapestry, Songs in the Key of Life, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, Graceland, and The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill.

rip robots

Folklore AOTY

Profile picture
    weird fishes
    Topics:

good kid, M.A.a.D city easily should’ve won

RAM isn’t a good Daft Punk album

Profile picture
    RichardAniston
    Topics:

I would have loved to see Kendrick win, but I’m not mad RAM won. It’s a good album and Daft Punk are pioneers in the EDM genre.

Everyone and their mother predicted The 20/20 Experience would be nominated, so was shocked it was snubbed.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

What hurt JT was 20/20 Experience Part II. It got really tepid reviews from critics AND fans. I guess the comeback narrative wasn’t enough.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    ELIAS🍂
    Topics:

Unpopular Opinion: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ran rap in 2013/2014. I listened to their stuff as a kid but I wasn’t a huge ass fan. If you did not like them, y’all should have supported the superior album Good Kid maAd City instead of supporting K Dot later on in his career. Swimming Pools or Poetic Justice should have been bigger.

Folklore AOTY

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

2015, Album of the year

The nominees were:

Beck – Morning Phase (WINNER)

Sam Smith – In The Lonely Hour

Beyonce – Beyonce

Ed Sheeran – X

Pharrel Williams – GIRL

The 2015 Grammys had Beyonce, Beck, Sam Smith, Ed Sheeran and Pharrel in a pop based line-up battle. Beck, already nominated multiple times won, despite many predicting Beyonce to win AOTY for her acclaimed self-titled album. I think Beck deserved to win, because of his work on Morning Phase and because of him being snubbed in the past.

Some photos from 2015 Grammys:

Beck kinda shocked after he won AOTY

Beyonce perfoming

The most elegant appearance of the night, Taylor Swift

New Pop sensation Ariana Grande

Profile picture
    Cardi B
    Topics:

Honey, Beyoncé should’ve won.

Beck + winning Album of the Year = BARF!

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    alex.g
    Topics:

We kinda knew what was going to happen when Pharrell won over Beyoncé in Best Urban Contemporary Album.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Beck deserved. Morning Phase is a phenomenal record.

1. Morning Phase
    2. Beyoncé
    3. X
    4. In the Lonely Hour
    5. GIRL

As for how it ended up:
    1. Morning Phase
    2. Girl
    3. In The Lonely Hour
    4. Beyoncè
    5. X

Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

Morning Phase was okay album and i never liked Beyonce’s self-titled project. Beck should’ve won with Odelay in 1997 but lost another diva Celine Dion. Here’s his due.

I never liked Sam Smith’s music, it was so boring to me. At least Ed Sheeran got bops like Sing in 2014.

Unpopular Opinion: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ran rap in 2013/2014. I listened to their stuff as a kid but I wasn’t a huge ass fan. If you did not like them, y’all should have supported the superior album Good Kid maAd City instead of supporting K Dot later on in his career. Swimming Pools or Poetic Justice should have been bigger.

Swimming Pools was big but not Thrift Shop big. But i don’t understand ” they sold more so they deserved it” mentality. Kendrick got more Grammys than Drake despite Drake sold more. Sales shouldn’t be such important criteria when it comes to awards.

I bomb atomically.

Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

This is false. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis didn’t run shit in 2012 but perhaps white college campuses and frat parties. Kendrick was EXTREMELY supported by the Hip Hop community during that year. GKMC had the highest selling debut for a male artist during that time and the highest charting first week for ANY rapper during that year. It outsold The Heist in both first week sales and overall sales. The Heist is certified Platinum while GKMC is certified Triple Platinum. The Heist sold 78K first week compared to GKMC 242K. GKMC was also more highly critically acclaimed than either  The Heist or Random Access Memory, sitting at 91% Metacritic compared to 74% for Heist and 87% for RAM.

So that whole “ya’ll should have supported Kendrick early” bullshit ain’t flying. EVERYONE who was a fan of rap knew Kendrick was going to be one of the most important artists of his generation and he was supported accordingly

Profile picture
    Cardi B
    Topics:

Get real!  Macklemore & Ryan Lewis did NOT run a damn thing in 2013.

Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

Beyonce should have taken it home but i’m less mad that Beck won than I was during the moment. Beck’s album was good.

Profile picture
    theexterminator
    Topics:

Another deserved AOTY winner.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 572 total)

The topic ‘AOTY Grammy line-ups from 1984 till today discussion’ is closed to new replies.