Home Forums Music AOTY Grammy line-ups from 1984 till today discussion

AOTY Grammy line-ups from 1984 till today discussion

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 2 posts - 571 through 572 (of 572 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
Agee
Miss Americana
arodfan
  • Profile picture
    BICTH
    Topics:

Melodrama A
    DAMN. A-
    4:44 A-
    Awaken, My Love B
    24K Magic B

In hindsight one of the best 5-album lineups. Lorde takes it for me with her candid, Lady Bird-esque portrayal of teenage life. Kendrick still can’t be faulted musically, but DAMN. can feel too conventional and calm by his standards. Jay’s answer album to Lemonade packs as much of a punch as you can ask for from an aging capitalist. Gambino’s psychedelic move and Bruno’s shiny hit parade have their moments. Though not as thoroughly enjoyable as the other nominees, I’ll take both over Divide any day. Quite a few albums I loved were released during the eligibility period, my top picks to be nominated would be We Got It from Here… Thank You for Your Service, Ctrl, and The Weight of These Wings.

Profile picture
    TheFunkyDeltron
    Topics:

Melodrama A DAMN. A- 4:44 A- Awaken, My Love B 24K Magic B In hindsight one of the best 5-album lineups. Lorde takes it for me with her candid, Lady Bird-esque portrayal of teenage life. Kendrick still can’t be faulted musically, but DAMN. can feel too conventional and calm by his standards. Jay’s answer album to Lemonade packs as much of a punch as you can ask for from an aging capitalist. Gambino’s psychedelic move and Bruno’s shiny hit parade have their moments. Though not as thoroughly enjoyable as the other nominees, I’ll take both over Divide any day. Quite a few albums I loved were released during the eligibility period, my top picks to be nominated would be We Got It from Here… Thank You for Your Service, Ctrl, and The Weight of These Wings.

A Tribe Called Quest snub is one of the biggest snubs of the decade. Along with Radiohead, David Bowie, Kendrick in 2014, Rihanna in 2017.

Rest in Peace MF DOOM

Rest in Peace DMX

Viewing 2 posts - 571 through 572 (of 572 total)

The topic ‘AOTY Grammy line-ups from 1984 till today discussion’ is closed to new replies.