Home Forums Music Best New Artist 2020

Best New Artist 2020

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Why U So Obse..
Pauly Antonio
Darren
  • Bryson Atud
    Participant
    Topics:

I believe that Billie Eilish is a strong contender for Best New Artist and so far has a great chance of winning the award. I do expect her to get a Grammy nomination for this category, as well as a Album of the Year nomination

Brayfers
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the artists that have the best chances for a nomination would be like this:

Billie Eilish

Maggie Rogers

Summer Walker

Dean Lewis

City Girls

Zacari

Ava Max

Sigrid

Lewis Capaldi

Wallows

I don’t know if Tierra Whack would be eligible, since she was nominated for music video last year.

ReplyCopy URL
    voguekid
    Participant
    Topics:

I believe that Billie Eilish is a strong contender for Best New Artist and so far has a great chance of winning the award. I do expect her to get a Grammy nomination for this category, as well as a Album of the Year nomination

Album of the Year would likely be a stretch considering her age and lack of other singles to push her momentum past the Spring, but I would expect her to be nominated for (and win) Best New Artist, and be nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

BNA gets weaker every year.

Hopefully the 2020 winner is not as mediocre as Dua Lipa.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

ReplyCopy URL
    jadenlefranks
    Participant
    Topics:

billie is definitely gonna win.

Other nominations could include Ava Max, City Girls, Wallows, Juice WRLD, and others. I really don’t know, it’s hard to pick out because it’s so weak

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Doubt that Juice WRLD will get in this time around if he didn’t get nominated last year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

BNA gets weaker every year. Hopefully the 2020 winner is not as mediocre as Dua Lipa.

SO TRUE

Still mad at [Dua over H.E.R.] and [Alessia over SZA/Khalid]

I hate dumb voters of Grammys general 4.

Kubrick-Coen-Tarantino-Hitchcock-Lynch-Fellini-Guillermo-WesAnderson
    "One Flew Over a Cuckoo's Nest(1975)"[All Time Fav]

ReplyCopy URL
    Bryson Atud
    Participant
    Topics:

Doubt that Juice WRLD will get in this time around if he didn’t get nominated last year.

Well Juice WRLD did release his debut album this year, so he will finally get the Grammys attention. But Billie has this one in the bag

ReplyCopy URL
    Willy_Indie
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie Eilish

Maggie Rogers

Juice WRLD

Alec Benjamin

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Not a whole lot of contenders so far. I feel like this category should have “up to 8 nominees” but not necessarily that many every year. Otherwise, the Grammys might need to bend their rules a bit to get that many nominees… maybe make an exception for someone like Normani?

I’m only confident in predicting Billie Ellish and City Girls right now.

Juice WRLD is not happening. They didn’t nominate him last year and they won’t again this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Not a whole lot of contenders so far. I feel like this category should have “up to 8 nominees” but not necessarily that many every year. Otherwise, the Grammys might need to bend their rules a bit to get that many nominees… maybe make an exception for someone like Normani?

No, why would they need to do that when they have hundreds of submissions? Just because you don’t know them doesn’t mean they don’t deserve recognition nor does it mean that the Grammys should bend the rules for Normani when they didn’t for Camila Cabello.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bryson Atud
    Participant
    Topics:

Album of the Year would likely be a stretch considering her age and lack of other singles to push her momentum past the Spring, but I would expect her to be nominated for (and win) Best New Artist, and be nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album.

Billie’s album is critically acclaimed, it has an 80 on Metacritic and its about to get an amazing first week debut. There are a lot of album of the year nominees that doesn’t have alot of singles and hit songs, they were nominated for the body of works that they are. Billie could get a AOTY nomination, but it probably won’t win. I think either A Star is Born or Thank U, Next has a chance of winning AOTY

ReplyCopy URL
    Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Rooting for Billie.

ReplyCopy URL
    Manuelcolon
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m sure she’s not eligible, but Lizzo would be a perfect winner, she’s just such a complete artist and performer. A nomination for her could be secure considering her hype at the moment.

Also, Juice is very deserving of something like Record of the Year, but it is very hard.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Am I missing something? Why would Lizzo not be eligible?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.