Home Forums Music Best Pop Duo/Group Performance (2018)

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance (2018)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 180 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Os
DC95
M
Best Pop Duo/Group Performance (2018)
"Fall In Line" - Christina Aguilera & Demi Lovato
"Don't Go Breaking My Heart" - Backstreet Boys
"S Wonderful" - Tony Bennett and Diana Krall
"Shallow" - Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper
"Girls Like You" - Maroon 5 featuring Cardi B
"Say Something" - Justin Timberlake featuring Chris Stapleton
"The Middle" - Zedd, Maren Morris and Grey
  • M
    Participant
    Topics:

Not to continue discussing Best Pop Duo/GP in the Best Pop Solo thread, here’s a thread for it.

Fendi
    Blocked
    Topics:

SHOULD WIN: Christina Aguilera feat. Demi Lovato, “Fall In Line”

WILL WIN: Christina Aguilera feat. Demi Lovato, “Fall In Line”

CHRISTINA AGUILERA

2019 Grammy Award nominee:

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance - "Fall In Line"
    Best Rap/Sung Performance - "Like I Do"

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Should win:

Fall In Line or Shallow or Say Something

Will win:

Shallow

ReplyCopy URL
    decievers
    Participant
    Topics:

In my opinion there is only one stand out contender for this and that is Fall In Line,
    but judging by the amount of nominations Shallow has, I think it’s a given that it will take this category.

ReplyCopy URL
    Musicaddict123br
    Participant
    Topics:

Between Shallow and Fall in Line, I would be pissed if The Middle or GLY win this category

ReplyCopy URL
    Ghostface Killah
    Participant
    Topics:

Probably it’s Shallow or The Middle because of the GF noms but Fall in Line or GLY make an upset.

I BOMB ATOMICALLY!..

J DILLA CHANGED MY LIFE!..

I GOT YOU STUCK IN THE REALNESS!..

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

The only song still in TOP Pop Radio Airplay from the nominees right now as vote is underway is Shallow (#21). And I think that might’ve just sealed the deal for it.

Girls Like You and The Middle were really overplayed and that might hurt their chances, especially when the songs aren’t as refreshing as “Shape Of You” for example which no matter how many times you listen to it you still like it.

So I think Shallow’s moderate airplay (at the last minute) may be a blessing in disguise in the sense that voters won’t be sick of hearing the song 10 times a day for several months like they probably are with GLY.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean, The Middle already got more noms than Shape of You did, so I doubt it isn’t as refreshing (whatever that means) to them.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean, The Middle already got more noms than Shape of You did, so I doubt it isn’t as refreshing (whatever that means) to them.

Let’s not compare The Middle to Shape Of You (the most-streamed song ever and one of the most successful songs of the decade).

Refreshing means in the production is done in a way that the listener doesn’t get sick of the song very quickly, there’s always something new coming in in every part of the song that makes it different. For example the second chorus has the mellotron that the first chorus doesn’t etc..

Whereas GLY and The Middle are very monotonous and those are the songs that people get bored of very quickly when overplayed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

Refreshing means in the production is done in a way that the listener doesn’t get sick of the song very quickly, there’s always something new coming in in every part of the song that makes it different. For example the second chorus has the mellotron that the first chorus doesn’t etc..

Whereas GLY and The Middle are very monotonous and those are the songs that people get bored of very quickly when overplayed.

I agree, but that is subjective to us. Plus, The Middle was still bigger than anything nominated here, and GLY just returned to the top 10 (this is the 27th week, compared to SOY’s 33 weeks).

I still think Shallow will win based on the film hype (and since it is a much better song than both, and pretty much everyone agrees on that). Plus Gaga has a lot of hype.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Girls Like You and The Middle were really overplayed and that might hurt their chances

They traditionally give the pop awards to “overplayed” songs, so…

“Shallow” or “The Middle” will win. Banking on “Shallow” due to the current relevance of A Star Is Born, but “The Middle” is a bigger hit, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it won.

Maroon 5 haven’t won this category with bigger hits, so I doubt this one will change things for them.

Tony Bennett/Diana Krall is a distant possibility since their album is the favorite to win Traditional Pop Vocal Album.

Timberlake/Stapleton, Aguilera/Lovato and the Backstreet Boys are just along for the ride, although “Fall in Line” will likely get some sympathy votes because of Lovato’s recent health issues.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mindi Palmer
    Participant
    Topics:

They traditionally give the pop awards to “overplayed” songs, so… – “Shallow” or “The Middle” will win. Banking on “Shallow” due to the current relevance of A Star Is Born, but “The Middle” is a bigger hit, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it won. Maroon 5 haven’t won this category with bigger hits, so I doubt this one will change things for them. Tony Bennett/Diana Krall is a distant possibility since their album is the favorite to win Traditional Pop Vocal Album. Timberlake/Stapleton, Aguilera/Lovato and the Backstreet Boys are just along for the ride, although “Fall in Line” will likely get some sympathy votes because of Lovato’s recent health issues.

Shallow will win. End of Story. It is the biggest song right now worldwide and it’s the kind of song the Grammys go for. And the movie and the soundtrack were huge!

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Often times the most annoying overplayed song ends up losing this category even when it’s the biggest hit: Despacito, Closer, Fancy/Dark Horse, Blurred Lines, Moves Like Jagger etc.. And that’s just since this category was created.

So I wouldn’t say the “overplayed songs” win. Feel It Still was definitely not overplayed compared to Despacito for example which you heard everywhere all year long.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Often times the most annoying overplayed song ends up losing this category even when it’s the biggest hit: Despacito, Closer, Fancy/Dark Horse, Blurred Lines, Moves Like Jagger etc.. And that’s just since this category was created.

So I wouldn’t say the “overplayed songs” win. Feel It Still was definitely not overplayed compared to Despacito for example which you heard everywhere all year long.

“Closer” and “Dark Horse” weren’t even nominated for Record of the Year while their competition was, so they weren’t the odds-on favorites to win.

“Moves Like Jagger” lost because Amy Winehouse passed away a few months earlier.

“Shape of You”, probably the most overplayed song ever, won Pop Solo this past year.

So no, getting heavy radio play doesn’t hurt a song’s chances.

ReplyCopy URL
    Fendi
    Blocked
    Topics:

Honey, “The Middle” is definitely a threat here.

CHRISTINA AGUILERA

2019 Grammy Award nominee:

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance - "Fall In Line"
    Best Rap/Sung Performance - "Like I Do"

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 180 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.