Home Forums Music Best Pop Duo/Group Performance (2018)

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance (2018)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 176 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +10 hidden )
replies
views
users
Os
DC95
M
Best Pop Duo/Group Performance (2018)
"Fall In Line" - Christina Aguilera & Demi Lovato
"Don't Go Breaking My Heart" - Backstreet Boys
"S Wonderful" - Tony Bennett and Diana Krall
"Shallow" - Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper
"Girls Like You" - Maroon 5 featuring Cardi B
"Say Something" - Justin Timberlake featuring Chris Stapleton
"The Middle" - Zedd, Maren Morris and Grey
  • Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

“Say Something” and “Fall in Line” (a complete non-hit) above “Shallow”? Either that is a fantasy prediction, or you are on crack.

I think voers would rathr give Christina another Pop vocal win and Demi her first before rewarding Bradley Cooper. And a song that without the movie is completely forgettable. You stans are acting like Shallow is a “My Heart Will Go On” or even “I Will Always Love You” sized hit or phenom. Please .. its cute. But its not as groundbreaking and a LOCK for all these wins like yall make it seem.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Deemy.
    ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

No one said it was a lock and no one mentioned those other two songs, lmao

There are at least 2 songs in this lineup I could see potentially beating “Shallow”, but some of the ones you named? Ranking it 5th most likely to win? At least try to not make it obvious that you just plain don’t want it to win. 😂

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, you have to pay these posters complete dust. All of them stated that Aguilera and “Fall In Line” would NOT receive any nomimations. There goes that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

No one said it was a lock and no one mentioned those other two songs, lmao

There are at least 2 songs in this lineup I could see potentially beating “Shallow”, but some of the ones you named? Ranking it 5th most likely to win? At least try to not make it obvious that you just plain don’t want it to win. 😂

But youre making it seem like JUST because it has both ROTY and SOTY that it cant lose. 🙂 And if there are AT LEAST 2 songs (your words) so it being 5th in my ranking isnt so far fetched after all right? 3rd place isnt that far from 5th in a 7 man lineup.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

But youre making it seem like JUST because it has both ROTY and SOTY that it cant lose.

I didn’t say that either, but by all means, continue putting words in my mouth, lol.

And if there are AT LEAST 2 songs (your words) so it being 5th in my ranking isnt so far fetched after all right? 3rd place isnt that far from 5th in a 7 man lineup.

ReplyCopy URL
    JROCK1772
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Gaga promoting her Oscar bids or Grammy bids more? It seems as if she’s allocated the majority of her energy into her Oscar chances. Could that make her winning a Grammy, specifically in categories outside Visual Media, significantly less likely?

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Gaga promoting her Oscar bids or Grammy bids more? It seems as if she’s allocated the majority of her energy into her Oscar chances. Could that make her winning a Grammy, specifically in categories outside Visual Media, significantly less likely?

Well, she’s not going to have Oscar nominations for A Star Is Born until after Grammy voting is over.

If anything, her high level of visibility due to the general awards season campaigning for the movie helps her chances at the Grammys. Most artists/labels just campaign for the Grammys by putting FYC ads on industry websites/magazines.

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Aguilera and Timberlake are being overestimated. Aguilera’s song isn’t a hit. Period. Hits win here.

“Say Something” dropped off the charts too early to be a legitimate threat, and voters haven’t been as fond of Timberlake lately.

1. Shallow

2. The Middle

3. Girls Like You

4. ‘S Wonderful

5. Say Something

6. Fall in Line

7. Don’t Go Breaking My Heart

“Hits win here”. Shallow spent a whopping 2 weeks in the top 10. Currently at #44 after 12 weeks. yet Girls Like You is at #15. You may be on to something.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Deemy.
    ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

See you in February

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, you’re NOT in the minority.  I also feel “Shallow” will lose all of its nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

I might be on the minority, but I think this is Shallow vs Say Something. The 15x winning combo of Timberlake & Stapleton will draw in country voters, and both of them are well respected. I doubt The Middle takes any country voters.

I think:
    1. Shallow
    2. Say Something
    3. S’Wonderful
    4. The Middle
    5. Girls Like You
    6. Fall In Line
    7. Don’t Go Breaking My Heart

ReplyCopy URL
    bruno5-7
    Participant
    Topics:

My december ranking:

“Shallow” – Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper
    “Fall In Line” – Christina Aguilera & Demi Lovato
    “S Wonderful” – Tony Bennett and Diana Krall

“The Middle” – Zedd, Maren Morris and Grey

“Say Something” – Justin Timberlake featuring Chris Stapleton
    “Girls Like You” – Maroon 5 featuring Cardi B
    “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart” – Backstreet Boys

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  bruno5-7.
    ReplyCopy URL
    JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

‘Shallow’ is winning this one. Her nomination here and in Pop Solo shows that she has enough support. Plus, I think the song ain’t winning in the GF. It’s a very decent song, it would fit well alongside the past winner songs.

After ‘Shallow’ I have ‘The Middle’. It’s a hit, one of the few pop hits this year, it is nominated in the GF and it’s also a decent song.

And after those two there’s Girls Like You, it’s a hit, but I don’t think they’d award that. Then there’s Say Something, it was and it still is on the radio, but it’s a long shot.

‘Fall in Line’ nomination was a surprise for most of us and everything seems so right about this one that I almost have a feeling it could make an upset. Decent song, very good narrative and they’d be awarding a mainstream “teen artist” (it would be even more of a good move if pop solo goes to Beck and Pop Album to Taylor). But I won’t predict it, I’m still going with ‘Shallow’.

ReplyCopy URL
    Richard Aniston
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! “Shallow” will NOT lose all of its nominations. It will at the very least win Best Song Written for Visual Media.

ReplyCopy URL
    O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m at the point where I really don’t know between the middle and shallow! Shallow has kind of died off and the middle was a big song this year with a tremendous amount of radio play!

Shallow is not dead at all and it will be even more alive next week when the Golden Globes take place.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 176 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.