November 26, 2020 at 2:42 pm #1203875886
I am rooting for Ledisi.November 27, 2020 at 12:55 pm #1203877908
After listening to nominees of this category, Yebba is my favorite for “Distance”, it is such as a calming and soothing song.
Here are my predictions:
1. Anything for You-Ledisi. I think it is time for her to finally get awarded. Plus the intro sounds similar to “Untitled” by D’Angelo, a Grammy winning song.
2. Distance-Yebba. If an upset could happen, I think she could pull it off, previous winner in this category.
3. Wonder What She Thinks of Me-Chloe X Halle. Talented young ladies who will go far. With that being said, this song is not traditional at all.I don’t get the placement here.
4. Sit on Down-The Baylor Project. Previous nominees, very upbeat song. For those who love 90’s R&B, one of the members Jean Baylor was a member of Zhane known for their hits “Hey Mr. DJ”, “Groove Thang” and “Sending My Love”, the latter which current nominees Chloe x Halle covered recently for those who want to check it out.
5. Let Me Go-Mykal Kilgore. Did not care too much for the song.November 27, 2020 at 1:18 pm #1203877963
Honey, the R&B panel set it up so that Ledisi could win her first Grammy. BARF!November 27, 2020 at 1:23 pm #1203877982
Ledisi is the standout here, so I’ll predict her to finally win. I’ve never heard of Mykal Kilgore before, but he sang the hell out of his song, so great job there! Yebba’s song is fine. I found Chloe x Halle’s song to be excessively busy, and the Baylor Project song too repetitive. I was bored before it finished.
1. “Anything for You”
2. “Let Me Go”
4. “Wonder What She Thinks of Me”
5. “Sit on Down”November 27, 2020 at 4:44 pm #1203878376
Now how did the R&B panel set up Ledisi to win? This is her 13th Grammy nomination, would she have won already if that were the case?November 27, 2020 at 4:53 pm #1203878393
This is probably Ledisi’s best chance ever at a win. She has been a perennial nominee since 2007 and has been nominated for each of her eras. I believe she will be performing a tribute to Nina Simone on PBS this weekend, so that should garner her some buzz just in time for final voting.
As much as I love Chloe x Halle and “Wonder What She Thinks of Me,” I’m not sure it will net them a win.
Yebba is a past winner, but I also think she benefited from the PJ Morton association, and that was won in a tie.
Unknown names typically don’t win here unless they previously won in another category, which eliminates The Baylor Project and Mykal Kilgore.
Ledisi for the victory!November 29, 2020 at 11:38 am #1203882428
Honey, the R&B panel setup a Ledisi win here by nominating a bunch of non-factors. They blocked all of the acts that would’ve beat her.November 29, 2020 at 12:16 pm #1203882533
Ledisi or ChloexHalle. Its too close to call for me personally right now.
Ledisi’s song was really good and she’s a long time perennial nominee. But ChloexHalle are the “fresh” new faces, seem to be gaining momentum, and are apparently campaigning pretty hard.November 29, 2020 at 2:40 pm #1203882822
Yebba or Mykal should win for their powerful performances but I’m rooting for ChloexHalle to win considering this might be the only category they win next year.November 29, 2020 at 5:29 pm #1203883329
1. I am wondering why some people are not predicting Ledisi to win this category? I understand why some people are predicting Yebba (past winner in the category) and Chloe x Halle (can become future Grammy favorites). Just curious.
2. Speaking of Chloe x Halle, it is interesting to note that they covered “Sending My Love” by Zhane recently. For those who are interested. Zhane is Jean Baylor’s (The Baylor Project) group from the 90’s. Those who love 90s R&B music can look up their music.November 29, 2020 at 5:31 pm #1203883332
2. Speaking of Chloe x Halle, it is interesting to note that they covered “Sending My Love” by Zhane recently. For those who are interested. Zhane is Jean Baylor’s (The Baylor Project) group from the 90’s. Those who love 90s R&B music can look up their music.
Whoa! I always wanted them to cover this! Let me go check it out!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.