Home Forums Music BEYONCÉ, Homecoming Era (2019)

BEYONCÉ, Homecoming Era (2019)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Kay
Bee
Why U So Obse..
  • Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

New Netflix documentary highlighting Beyoncé’s Coachella performances and pregnancy woes has just premiered on Wednesday, along with a new live album dropped. “Lemonade” is also on all streaming platforms for the first time (beyond Tidal).

Time to discuss, BeeHive!

Thoughts on new era?

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

I was a little surprised that this is still maintaining the #1 spot on iTunes considering live albums don’t really do well. I don’t expect it to do very good commerically especially since it’s old songs.

But it has rose Lemonade up considerably. It’s a good live album by itself.

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

Watched this. This young Lady is one hell of a performer and the music was incredible. I almost forgot how many hits she actually had.

I definitely see this winning Best Music Film at the Grammys.

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  ENGLAND.
    • This reply was modified 5 months ago by  ENGLAND.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Interstella 5555
    Participant
    Topics:

Rolling Stone gave 4.5 stars out of 5 and Pitchfork, 9.3/10. The critics are stanning.

ReplyCopy URL
    Skies
    Participant
    Topics:

Rolling Stone gave 4.5 stars out of 5 and Pitchfork, 9.3/10. The critics are stanning.

I believe that Pitchfork’s highest score since 2015, higher than both Lemonade and Self-Titled.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

92 Metacricic

100% Rotten Tomatoes

9.2 Pitchfork + Best New Music

Before I Let Go named Best New Song

#1 on Itunes

All for a live album + documentary…. ahh my fucking fave!!

I can already smell the second Peabody nomination and I hope she snatches Emmys for this!!

ReplyCopy URL
    6 GOD
    Participant
    Topics:

The acclaim is amazing! A 9.3 from Pitchfork is just almost unheard of!

Really hoping for another Emmy nomination!

ReplyCopy URL
    Ryan2012
    Participant
    Topics:

Adele? I don’t know her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Skies
    Participant
    Topics:

The acclaim is amazing! A 9.3 from Pitchfork is just almost unheard of! Really hoping for another Emmy nomination!

This could very likely snatch some of the Emmys and the Music Film Grammy Lemonade was deprived of. I’ve heard that Netflix is already campaigning.

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

Critics were stanning her last album and we saw how that turned out. itunes mean nothing in 2019. this will be forgotten about in a week. i could see a nomination in best music film though if lemonade couldn’t win why would this?

You mean the Lemonade album? That album was huge. She won many awards and she had a pretty big tour.

ReplyCopy URL
    Skies
    Participant
    Topics:

You mean the Lemonade album? That album was huge. She won many awards and she had a pretty big tour.

They’re talking about EVERYTHING IS LOVE. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Licorice
    Participant
    Topics:

The fact you have a unflattering picture of Beyoncé and you troll every thread with her name 🤢 you are literally a freak please get the help you need weird ass boy/girl.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Apparently a new song is coming along with the wide release of Lemonade on April 23rd!

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Netflix has become a destination for television visionaries like Shonda Rhimes and Ryan Murphy, with deals worth $100 million and $250 million, respectively, and top comedians like Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle ($40 million and $60 million, respectively). The streaming giant, which just announced it’s added nearly 10 million subscribers in Q1, is honing in on music, too, landing a three-project deal with Beyonce worth a whopping $60 million, sources tell Variety.

The first of the three specials is “Homecoming,” the behind-the-scenes documentary chronicling her 2018 Coachella performance —  a massive spectacle of dance, visuals and music that reaffirmed Beyonce’s moniker of Queen Bey — which premiered on April 17. The price tag on this installment, for which Beyonce Knowles-Carter is credited as executive producer, writer and director, hovers around $20 million. Beyonce’s rep did not respond to Variety’s requests for comment; Netflix declined comment for this story, although a source at the company disputed the financial terms of the deal.

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/beyonce-netflix-deal-1203193729/

ReplyCopy URL
    Licorice
    Participant
    Topics:

Netflix has become a destination for television visionaries like Shonda Rhimes and Ryan Murphy, with deals worth $100 million and $250 million, respectively, and top comedians like Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle ($40 million and $60 million, respectively). The streaming giant, which just announced it’s added nearly 10 million subscribers in Q1, is honing in on music, too, landing a three-project deal with Beyonce worth a whopping $60 million, sources tell Variety. The first of the three specials is “Homecoming,” the behind-the-scenes documentary chronicling her 2018 Coachella performance — a massive spectacle of dance, visuals and music that reaffirmed Beyonce’s moniker of Queen Bey — which premiered on April 17. The price tag on this installment, for which Beyonce Knowles-Carter is credited as executive producer, writer and director, hovers around $20 million. Beyonce’s rep did not respond to Variety’s requests for comment; Netflix declined comment for this story, although a source at the company disputed the financial terms of the deal. https://variety.com/2019/music/news/beyonce-netflix-deal-1203193729/

that’s amazing her next official era is going to be huge as always!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.