Home Forums Music BEYONCÉ, Homecoming Era (2019)

BEYONCÉ, Homecoming Era (2019)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Kay
Bee
Why U So Obse..
  • queenb
    Participant
    Topics:

M is still trying to responding after he’s been put on the ignore list. LMFAOOO give it up cis.

LOL how did you know he responded?

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Beyoncé has competition in Music Film… Aretha’s Amazing Grace.

And Beyoncé has nothing on that live album that would be placed in Traditional R&B Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Girl, the era of veteran acts winning AOTY are over. As you’ve said yourself on multiple occasions. Let’s not contradict ourselves.

Second, Celine Dion’s album is one of the best selling ever. It appealed to a wider range of voters at that time. Why? Because it was a safe and predictable AC/Pop choice.

Like I stated, Beyoncé’s going to need a white washed album with Pop hits in order to win the top prize. Urban leaning music never wins. No matter how popular or critically acclaimed (I.e. Kendrick Lamar).

When she lost AOTY to Adele, Santana even criticized her for not being authentic. So the sentiment of her being a “performer” and not a “musician/songwriter” rings true. Which is something you yourself have said repeatedly on this forum.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

ReplyCopy URL
    6 GOD
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

Like I stated, Beyoncé’s going to need a white washed album with Pop hits in order to win the top prize. Urban leaning music never wins. No matter how popular or critically acclaimed (I.e. Kendrick Lamar).  

</p>
    Exactly this. IASF remains the closest she has ever come to winning. She will need to do a basic pop album filled with Halo type ballads if she really wants to secure a win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

Being a musician in the traditional sense does matter in winning AOTY. In the last 30/40 years the only artists who won without being a traditional musician are Whitney Houston and Celine Dion. Both albums were HUGE.

I don’t think Beyonce needs to do a pop album to win. She tried that already. She just needs to write the majority of the album. The genre doesn’t matter as much. Every main genre as won at one point.

And those “overdue” artists were also traditional musicians.

I’m not saying being a musician or songwriter is better. But I think it’s obvious the Academy prefers it.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s reaching to call one of the most legendary musicians a “washed up nobody.” We’re not talking about Christina Aguilera.

With that being said, Beyoncé is at a level where she could be given a throwaway AOTY win just because of her status. But her Grammy track record after I Am… Sasha Fierce has been all over the place.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”> </p> Exactly this. IASF remains the closest she has ever come to winning. She will need to do a basic pop album filled with Halo type ballads if she really wants to secure a win.

Or more of a mix of 4 and B’Day. It doesn’t necessarily need to be generic pop like IASF but it would have to be “safer” than ST or Lemonade. But I don’t think Beyoncé would ever sweep the GF categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    23andme
    Participant
    Topics:

This album gets you hyped.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

I know no one has talked in this thread in three months (which is weird since she’s done so much recently) But Emmys Nominations come out tomorrow

Here were the submissions:

Outstanding Variety Special

Outstanding Directing

Outstanding Music Direction

Beyonce is not credited in the next three:

Outstanding Picture Editing

Outstanding Sound Mixing

Outstanding Lighting Design/Direction

Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, and Video Control

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Pauly Antonio.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Pauly Antonio.

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    upitt
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes!! I’m curious to see how she, and the “Homecoming” project, do during today’s Emmy nominations.

This is such an amazing era – Homecoming, the movie, the accompanying soundtrack (which even features a performance by Blue Ivy!!!) on one of the tracks! The queen ain’t playing with yall. Its gonna be a great week/weekend in the Carter household lol.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.