Home Forums Music Billboard Charts 2019

Billboard Charts 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 318 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Os
abelfenty
  • M
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana’s team will submit Thank U Next or BUWYGFIB to SOTY and Pop Solo. I’m only expecting a 7 Rings submission for ROTY. 

That would be a dream come true! BUWYGFIB for SoTY and Pop Solo and 7 Rings for RoTY. I really hope you’re right.  The former is such a bop. I don’t understand why it’s falling off charts very quickly. People don’t have taste.

ReplyCopy URL
    DuBoisBlanche
    Participant
    Topics:

The only thing Ariana´s team should send to the grammys is an apology for releasing those singles.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m definitely not even going to contemplate predicting Ariana in SoTY/RoTY until I see her submissions. I really won’t be surprised if her team stupidly submits 7 Rings or Break Up With Your Girlfriend, which would be worse than God Is A Woman’s submission last year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

Not really? One is a 5 week #1 ans the other one peaked at #2.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

She should not submit 7 Rings or Break Up (which dropped from 2 to 8 and is now at 13). 7 Rings is arguable her more “popular” song, especially in the time since the album came out but Thank U, Next is still in the Top 10 and is definitely the more memorable and will stick out to voters more.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

She should not submit 7 Rings or Break Up (which dropped from 2 to 8 and is now at 13). 7 Rings is arguable her more “popular” song, especially in the time since the album came out but Thank U, Next is still in the Top 10 and is definitely the more memorable and will stick out to voters more.

Agree, but submitting 7 Rings will make more sense than submitting GIAW.

She should just forget about BUWYGFIB.

If she’s releasing more single, Needy and Bloodline would fit the best. Needy can be submitted to R&B and Bloodline will inevitably get a Nicki Minaj remix, so it can be her Pop Duo/Group submission. I’d say do that, submit the title track to Pop Solo, BMV, and SOTY, and submit 7 Rings to ROTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

You must be high if you think the committee will nominate 7 Rings or Break Up With Your Girlfriend. I hope she submits either though. Since they didn’t let her perform those songs, she should definitely only send them those songs.

ReplyCopy URL
    MiguelTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana’s team will submit Thank U Next or BUWYGFIB to SOTY and Pop Solo. I’m only expecting a 7 Rings submission for ROTY.

I think her submissions should go:
    -thank u, next: AOTY & Pop Vocal Album
    -7 Rings: ROTY
    -Thank U, Next: SOTY, Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video

She could also submit the 7 Ringsr remix to Pop Duo or Rap Sung and send Break Up to ROTY.

Hopefully Needy gets submitted to R&b.

7 Rings is probably the worst song from her Thank U, Next album. Also, Thank U, Next song will be forgotten once the Grammy nominations is out this November. She could be the biggest snub in the 62nd Grammys after Taylor Swift’s major shutout in th 61st Grammys.

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

You must be high if you think the committee will nominate 7 Rings or Break Up With Your Girlfriend. I hope she submits either though. Since they didn’t let her perform those songs, she should definitely only send them those songs.

She’s definitely not submitting BUWYGIM, it’ll be forgotten by then. 7 Rings could get into Record though. It’s the worst song on the album, but the committee nominated Rockstar last year which is a worse song. If they want to recognize Ariana and her success, they’ll do it with either of her potential ROTY submissions, just like they did with Post Malone.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s definitely not submitting BUWYGIM, it’ll be forgotten by then. 7 Rings could get into Record though. It’s the worst song on the album, but the committee nominated Rockstar last year which is a worse song. If they want to recognize Ariana and her success, they’ll do it with either of her potential ROTY submissions, just like they did with Post Malone.

Rockstar is a rap song.

The Committee is holding pop nominations to higher standards recently… They’ve been snubbing many that were thought to be nominated like Maroon 5, Ed Sheeran, Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift etc…

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Jaredm1
    Participant
    Topics:

Peaking at #2 does not equal longevity! No way in hell that buwygib gets nominated in any catagory!!

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

TU,N feels more Grammy bait than 7 Rings. If I were her team, I’d submit the former instead.

By this rate, she may have new material to submit by the end of the deadline once this album loses steam.

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Submitting 7 Rings for anything over TUN would be a dumb move.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bryson Atud
    Participant
    Topics:

TU,N feels more Grammy bait than 7 Rings. If I were her team, I’d submit the former instead. By this rate, she may have new material to submit by the end of the deadline once this album loses steam.

As a huge Ariana Grande fan, I agree wholeheartedly that 7 Rings is a HUGE mistake if she submits it to the Grammys, especially in the higher categories. Thank U, Next (the single) deserves ROTY and SOTY nominations with the impact it created after its release. 7 Rings doesn’t deserve any nomination at all.

ReplyCopy URL
    smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

Billboard Hot 100 charts really lost their prestige recently. Artists don’t seem to care about them anymore.

I disagree. I think artists care more now, they post about it all the time. Plus, there’s so much music out there and having the number one song in the country is extremely difficult. You may not like the style of music at the top, but being number one on billboard is still a massive acheivement.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 318 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.