Home Forums Music Billboard Charts 2019

Billboard Charts 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 504 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
replies
views
users
Boz
M
abelfenty
  • MiguelTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana’s team will submit Thank U Next or BUWYGFIB to SOTY and Pop Solo. I’m only expecting a 7 Rings submission for ROTY.

I think her submissions should go:
    -thank u, next: AOTY & Pop Vocal Album
    -7 Rings: ROTY
    -Thank U, Next: SOTY, Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video

She could also submit the 7 Ringsr remix to Pop Duo or Rap Sung and send Break Up to ROTY.

Hopefully Needy gets submitted to R&b.

7 Rings is probably the worst song from her Thank U, Next album. Also, Thank U, Next song will be forgotten once the Grammy nominations is out this November. She could be the biggest snub in the 62nd Grammys after Taylor Swift’s major shutout in th 61st Grammys.

AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

You must be high if you think the committee will nominate 7 Rings or Break Up With Your Girlfriend. I hope she submits either though. Since they didn’t let her perform those songs, she should definitely only send them those songs.

She’s definitely not submitting BUWYGIM, it’ll be forgotten by then. 7 Rings could get into Record though. It’s the worst song on the album, but the committee nominated Rockstar last year which is a worse song. If they want to recognize Ariana and her success, they’ll do it with either of her potential ROTY submissions, just like they did with Post Malone.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s definitely not submitting BUWYGIM, it’ll be forgotten by then. 7 Rings could get into Record though. It’s the worst song on the album, but the committee nominated Rockstar last year which is a worse song. If they want to recognize Ariana and her success, they’ll do it with either of her potential ROTY submissions, just like they did with Post Malone.

Rockstar is a rap song.

The Committee is holding pop nominations to higher standards recently… They’ve been snubbing many that were thought to be nominated like Maroon 5, Ed Sheeran, Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift etc…

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  M.
    Jaredm1
    Participant
    Topics:

Not really? One is a 5 week #1 ans the other one peaked at #2.

Peaking at #2 does not equal longevity! No way in hell that buwygib gets nominated in any catagory!!

circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

TU,N feels more Grammy bait than 7 Rings. If I were her team, I’d submit the former instead.

By this rate, she may have new material to submit by the end of the deadline once this album loses steam.

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Submitting 7 Rings for anything over TUN would be a dumb move.

Bryson Atud
    Participant
    Topics:

TU,N feels more Grammy bait than 7 Rings. If I were her team, I’d submit the former instead. By this rate, she may have new material to submit by the end of the deadline once this album loses steam.

As a huge Ariana Grande fan, I agree wholeheartedly that 7 Rings is a HUGE mistake if she submits it to the Grammys, especially in the higher categories. Thank U, Next (the single) deserves ROTY and SOTY nominations with the impact it created after its release. 7 Rings doesn’t deserve any nomination at all.

smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

Billboard Hot 100 charts really lost their prestige recently. Artists don’t seem to care about them anymore.

I disagree. I think artists care more now, they post about it all the time. Plus, there’s so much music out there and having the number one song in the country is extremely difficult. You may not like the style of music at the top, but being number one on billboard is still a massive acheivement.

AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

Rockstar is a rap song.

The Committee is holding pop nominations to higher standards recently… They’ve been snubbing many that were thought to be nominated like Maroon 5, Ed Sheeran, Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift etc…

Maroon 5 has never been taken seriously the committee, critics, or anyone. Ed Sheeran was partially blocked so he wouldn’t win, and despite having the bestselling album of the cycle he only had 1 #1 hit at the time of the cycle. Ariana Grande had yet to receive a #1 hit. Taylor Swift had a much less successful era than her last. In My Blood got into SOTY despite Shawn Mendes having never been nominated before, The Middle got into ROTY and SOTY despite not being particularly good, and Shallow got into ROTY and SOTY despite not being that big (at the time). They aren’t holding pop to a higher standard, rap is just more successful right now and those particular pop stars were overestimated. Rockstar didn’t get in because it’s rap, it got in because they were recognizing Post’s success.

Jaredm1
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana Grande had yet to receive a #1 hit.

IS U DUMB!!??? Like literally have you lived under a rock since like November… or was this a joke

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

IS U DUMB!!??? Like literally have you lived under a rock since like November… or was this a joke

At the time of the 2018 Grammy’s.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana Grande had yet to receive a #1 hit. 

The committee convenes mid November. Ariana had her first #1 around the same time. And the popular vote was taking place during December, when she’d been #1 for several weeks.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Looks like Sucker will debut at #1. Please Me is likely to reach #3.

Jaredm1
    Participant
    Topics:

At the time of the 2018 Grammy’s.

I am apologizing and officially announcing the deactivation of my account…🤦🏼‍♂️😂

AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

The committee convenes mid November. Ariana had her first #1 around the same time. And the popular vote was taking place during December, when she’d been #1 for several weeks.

True, what I meant was she had yet to receive a #1 hit that could be considered for Grammy nominations. The committee did know she had a #1 hit, but they also knew it wasn’t God is a woman, no tears left to cry, or anything off of Sweetener.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Billboard Charts 2019’ is closed to new replies.