Home Forums Music BRIT Awards 2021

BRIT Awards 2021

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Brayden Fitzs..
Daniel Glaister
5arteet
  • Profile picture
    na digga
    Topics:

The Rina stuff is making huge headlines and there’s plenty of time for them to change the rules. I have a feeling they’ll change it and nominate her for british breakthrough artist

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Daniel Glaister
    Topics:

the way everyone is REALLY struggling to come up with 10 songs to be nominated for best single… british chart music has been awful this year omg

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

BPI are now reviewing the Mercury eligibility requirements since the Rina story broke

https://www.nme.com/news/music/rina-sawayama-says-bpi-reviewing-mercury-prize-eligibility-rules-2719409

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

the way everyone is REALLY struggling to come up with 10 songs to be nominated for best single… british chart music has been awful this year omg

It’s odd because the Song/Single of the Year is compiled from the 10 biggest songs in the UK (chart-wise) from 1 artist each (unless it’s a feature like double Dua – One Kiss & IDGAF – in 2019).

And since streaming was introduced in 2014, only 7% of the overall nominees were released post-July (2015 – Uptown Funk & Thinking Out Loud; 2016 – Hello; 2017 – Shout Out to My Ex & Say You Won’t Let Go).

Using the OfficialCharts Top 40 Year End so far, taking away the 2018 holdovers & the multiples from Dua, Lewis & Harry. The nomination slate would look like

• Dua Lipa – Don’t Start Now
    • Lewis Capaldi – Before You Now
    • Stormzy (feat. Ed Sheeran & Burna Boy) – Own It
    • Joel Corry – Lonely
    • Harry Styles – Adore You
    • Becky Hill (feat. Shift K3Y) – Better Off Without You
    • Aitch & AJ Tracey (feat. Tay Keith) – Rain
    • S1mba (feat. DTG) – Rover
    • Endor – Pump It Up

Lonely & Adore You look like they will be replaced by Head & Heart and Watermelon Sugar giving as they’re shaping up to be bigger hits.

The only current top 40 hit on the charts right that I can see being a big at the end of the year is West Ten from AJ Tracey & Mabel.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

BPI are now reviewing the Mercury eligibility requirements since the Rina story broke https://www.nme.com/news/music/rina-sawayama-says-bpi-reviewing-mercury-prize-eligibility-rules-2719409

They’d better.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Daniel Glaister
    Topics:

can see dua winning 3 awards tbh (best album, best single, best female). best single could also likely go to harry styles though

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

I think they’ll give best Single to Harry since he isn’t eligible for Album or Male, and they’ll want to reward him for the big year he had. Dua will win Female and Album without any doubt.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Daniel Glaister
    Topics:

I think they’ll give best Single to Harry since he isn’t eligible for Album or Male, and they’ll want to reward him for the big year he had. Dua will win Female and Album without any doubt.

i was going to say that but i wasn’t 100% sure how the brits work and if it would be possible for them to ensure harry gets something

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.