Home Forums Music BRIT Awards 2021

BRIT Awards 2021

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 362 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Miss Americana
daniel
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Most awarded British solo females in history

Adele : 9 wins

Annie Lennox: 8 wins

Dua Lipa: 5 wins

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Taylor waiting to corner Olivia backstage for that 1989 vault feature.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

I’m not even a Swiftie but Taylor deserved to win International Female. If not her then Ariana. Billie didn’t even release a new album

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    liz
    Topics:

No they didn’t, after losing the Grammy, losing the Brit kinda shows they can only win fan awards. Their music is bad and not award worthy, sorry.

this doesn’t even make sense… they lost 2 awards that they weren’t even attending not 5 in one night

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

harry styles has won 9 brit awards now and joins adele & coldplay as the second most awarded artist

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

harry styles has won 9 brit awards now and joins adele & coldplay as the second most awarded artist

8 of those 9 Brit awards were fan voted.

His win for Watermelon Sugar is his first non-fan voted Brit

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AMG
    Topics:

Wow, you only got three wrong! That’s impressive!

Thanks! Had I known about the zero girlbands winning coupled with ten years of Little Mix then that becomes clear.

Also I should have gone with my gut that they last minute gave Taylor the Global Icon award because someone beat her to International Female and as she lives in the UK some of the time, had high hopes she’d attend.

Check out more of my thoughts on Twitter (@AMG_Review) and Instagram (amg_reviews)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

No they didn’t, after losing the Grammy, losing the Brit kinda shows they can only win fan awards. Their music is bad and not award worthy, sorry.

Not really. They lost 2 awards lol.. Dynamite had no chance and haim has lost many brits already so they would have given it to them thinking BTS can get next year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AMG
    Topics:

Not really. They lost 2 awards lol.. Dynamite had no chance and haim has lost many brits already so they would have given it to them thinking BTS can get next year.

Haim are a more popular and acclaimed in the UK than BTS.

There’s very little that past history plays in winners. By that logic, Dua Lipa should’ve lost Female to Jessie Ware who’s been nominated 3/4 times now in that category without a win?

Check out more of my thoughts on Twitter (@AMG_Review) and Instagram (amg_reviews)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

8 of those 9 Brit awards were fan voted. His win for Watermelon Sugar is his first non-fan voted Brit

wrong. 4 non-fan voted:)

british single – what makes you beautiful

global success award (2)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AMG
    Topics:

wrong. 4 non-fan voted:)

british single – what makes you beautiful

global success award (2)

British Single has fluctuated between voter and public voted over the years. I can’t remember exactly years it was and wasn’t but wouldn’t be surprised if it was publicly voted.

Also Global Success wasn’t a competitive award and isn’t voter decided.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    V For Vendetta
    Topics:

Miley was the only one that TRULY deserved International Female. Ariana, Billie and Taylor have already won, and Cardi only did like 1 song last year.

AOTY - Back Of My Mind
    ROTY - Levitating with DaBaby
    SOTY - Levitating with DaBaby
    Best New Artist - Olivia Rodrigo
    BPSP - We're Good
    BPD/GP - Levitating with DaBaby
    Best Song Written For Visual Media - Can They Hear Us
    Best Music Video - Levitating with DaBaby / We're Good / Love Again
    Best Music Film - Studio 2054
    Best Spoken Word Album - The Meaning Of Mariah Carey

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Haim are a more popular and acclaimed in the UK than BTS. There’s very little that past history plays in winners. By that logic, Dua Lipa should’ve lost Female to Jessie Ware who’s been nominated 3/4 times now in that category without a win?

Hmm true. In any case Haim winning over them deservedly doesn’t mean their future chances of winning non fan voted awards are done for.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    liz
    Topics:

Ariana only got her first non voted award in 2018 after being nominated for years so I don’t know why we’re downplaying that an non-western artist lost two awards on their third and fourth market

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

BTS might have been in the game for several years and have a near-monopoly on the Asian markets but they’ve only (very) recently had their breakthrough in the western markets. And I’d argue that Kpop hasn’t broken into the general public because there’s a certain stigma around kpop. At best, it’s found a strong niche market everywhere but it’s gonna take a long time for Kpop to be taken seriously enough for such non fan voted awards to come through.

Grammy nom for dynamite was a start but it was an overall weak category and dynamite was 3rd/4th in that lineup. BTS (or other Kpop groups) will need bigger and more impactful hits in the western world to be considered. If you ask me, non fan voted awards for BTS aren’t happening unless they get fair acclaim (from western critics) and have an entire era that’s ubiquitous and not just carried by their huge fan base. BTS didn’t make noise amongst the general public in USA after dynamite. Their fans were angry at BE being snubbed despite those huge numbers but like I’ve said, it just felt fan carried. They need a dynamite moment again but bigger, and sustaining an entire era to be seriously considered for industry awards and to make it to the general field. That’s just my two cents on the discussion above.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 362 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.