Home Forums Music BRIT Awards 2022 Discussion Thread

BRIT Awards 2022 Discussion Thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 177 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
AMG
Moment 4 Life
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    flower boy
    Topics:

Artist of the Year: Adele
    Album of the Year: 30 – Adele
    Song of the Year: Easy on Me – Adele
    Group of the Year: Wolf Alice
    Best New Artist: Little Simz
    International Artist of the Year: Olivia Rodrigo
    International Group of the Year: ABBA
    International Song of the Year: Good 4 u – Olivia Rodrigo
    Pop/R&B Act: Ed Sheeran
    Hip-Hop/Rap/Grime Act: Dave
    Dance/Electronic Act: Joel Corry
    Alternative/Rock Act: Sam Fender

Ed previously lost Song with Thinking Out Loud and Shape of You, now I don’t see how he will beat Adele and Easy on Me (two-time winner, Skyfall and Hello), but anything is possible.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AMG
    Topics:

Initial Winner Predictions

Album: 30 – Adele
    Artist: Adele
    Group: Wolf Alice
    Song: Easy On Me – Adele
    Pop/R&B: Dua Lipa
    Dance: Becky Hill
    Rock/Alternative: Sam Fender
    Hip Hop/Grime/Rap: Dave
    New Artist: Little Simz
    International Artist: Billie Eilish
    International Group: Maneskin
    International Song: Good For You – Olivia Rodrigo

Check out more of my thoughts on Twitter (@AMG_Review) and Instagram (amg_reviews)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Panama Papers
    Topics:

I’m so proud of Sam Fender. His sophomore project “Seventeen Going Under” is one of the best rock albums I have heard in a long time.

It's weird how British people say "lift" instead of "elevator" and how my dad says "you're disappointing" instead of "I love you".

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    V For Vendetta
    Topics:

I really wanna see Sam Fender win AOTY

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AMG
    Topics:

Nadine Dorries just talks out of her arse all the time to be honest.

Check out more of my thoughts on Twitter (@AMG_Review) and Instagram (amg_reviews)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Am I the only one expecting Adele to go 4/4 and tie for most wins ever?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    flower boy
    Topics:

Despite the Grammys’ recent postponement of their planned Jan. 31 show, the Brit Awards are still on for Feb. 8 at The O2 Arena in London.

https://www.billboard.com/music/awards/2022-brit-awards-international-nominees-bts-maneskin-1235016607/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    musicmood
    Topics:

Despite the Grammys’ recent postponement of their planned Jan. 31 show, the Brit Awards are still on for Feb. 8 at The O2 Arena in London. https://www.billboard.com/music/awards/2022-brit-awards-international-nominees-bts-maneskin-1235016607/

they didn’t announce postponement last year until later in Jan I think – and then it moved to May!

who knows – there is certainly a “ride out the wave” approach in the UK at the moment.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

The BRITs are only three weeks away (surely they would’ve announced by now if they were postponing, so I’m assuming they’re going ahead)?

I wonder when we’ll find out performers. The likes of Ed Sheeran, Dave, Little Simz, Sam Fender & Coldplay seem likely. Really hope Adele attends the ceremony and performs too, she’s obviously the frontrunner in all her categories so it makes sense for her to be there. I know she has her Las Vegas residency on weekends though, the ceremony is on a Tuesday so it won’t clash? I really hope she attends…

In terms of international performers – I can see Billie Eilish, Olivia Rodrigo, Lil Nas X, Doja Cat & maybe The Weeknd as performers. Possibly Silk Sonic too?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Little Mix performed a medley of their biggest hits, considering they’re going on hiatus after their tour this year and have performed at the BRITs many times before, it would be a nice way to celebrate 10 years of their music and a ‘final performance’ before their hiatus.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    musicmood
    Topics:

The BRITs are only three weeks away (surely they would’ve announced by now if they were postponing, so I’m assuming they’re going ahead)? I wonder when we’ll find out performers. The likes of Ed Sheeran, Dave, Little Simz, Sam Fender & Coldplay seem likely. Really hope Adele attends the ceremony and performs too, she’s obviously the frontrunner in all her categories so it makes sense for her to be there. I know she has her Las Vegas residency on weekends though, the ceremony is on a Tuesday so it won’t clash? I really hope she attends… In terms of international performers – I can see Billie Eilish, Olivia Rodrigo, Lil Nas X, Doja Cat & maybe The Weeknd as performers. Possibly Silk Sonic too? I wouldn’t be surprised if Little Mix performed a medley of their biggest hits, considering they’re going on hiatus after their tour this year and have performed at the BRITs many times before, it would be a nice way to celebrate 10 years of their music and a ‘final performance’ before their hiatus.

I think it is going ahead – they are opening voting for some of the new categories tomorrow:

Hopefully they announce performers soon…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

The first 6 performers have been announced today.

Dave, Doja Cat, Ed Sheeran, Holly Humberstone, Liam Gallagher & Little Simz will all be performing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    musicmood
    Topics:

will Adele perform at the Brits?

I thought she would def. be there (presumably she’s winning a bunch of these!), but now I’m not sure given the controversy with her Vegas show postponement…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    flower boy
    Topics:

Inflo is the 1st black producer to win. Good news for Adele (Hold On, Woman Like Me, Love is a Game) and Little Simz (SIMBI).

“As the first Black music producer to ever win a Brit for best producer, I feel honored to be a part of change,” said Inflo, aka Dean Josiah Cover, in a statement. “All the Black producers before me, I’m in awe and have studied you. I am you. Thank you for both paving the way and for your integral contribution to British music.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    flower boy
    Topics:

will Adele perform at the Brits? I thought she would def. be there (presumably she’s winning a bunch of these!), but now I’m not sure given the controversy with her Vegas show postponement…

According to The Sun, she will feature in the ceremony via video link-up.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

According to The Sun, she will feature in the ceremony via video link-up.

She’s just confirmed today via Instagram that she’ll be attending and performing at the BRITs.

Also announced that Doja Cat is unfortunately no longer able to perform due to members of her team testing positive for COVID.

Sam Fender also confirmed to be performing.

So far, the performers have been announced as:
    – Adele
    – Dave
    – Ed Sheeran
    – Holly Humberstone
    – Liam Gallagher
    – Little Simz
    – Sam Fender

Probably 1 or 2 names still to be announced over the coming week. Crazy to think we’re only a week away from the ceremony!

If it wasn’t for their tour commitments, I think Billie would’ve performed as well as Dua with Elton John. Not sure who the remaining performers will be, perhaps some international acts since there’s no international performers following Doja’s dropping out?

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 177 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.