Home Forums Music CMA Awards 2016

CMA Awards 2016

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
James Otto Sw..
benjaminzacha..
Vinge1959
  • Profile picture
    Matt Hinz
    Topics:

Ben, Miranda hasn’t done enough to win anything this year. Sorry, but it’s true. We should all know about the WME voting blocks. We all know that certain acts have been snubbed over the years. Saying that Carrie shouldn’t win EOTY or FVOTY is pure ignorance. She has more or equal of a chance at winning those categories this year. You cannot deny that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Vinge1959
    Topics:

It is crazy to me that ayone would suggst Carrie is not”country” artist. Watch her perform “Choctaw County Affair” at CMA Fest 2016. Holly, is that not country to you? What is country to you?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Topics:

^^^ To me, Carrie has never had a country sounding voice and a lot of the instrumental delivery of what I have happened to hear of her on the radio doesn’t sound country either. So who do I think does sound country? For almost a year now, its been nothing but the late beautiful precious Billy Joe Royal for me who in my opinion is the complete and total package, if only I had found him sooner, I love him SO much!!!

God bless you and his family and my other favorite singers always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    espnfan
    Topics:

Sorry if I am late to the party, but I was really happy for the most part with this years CMA nominees.  The nominations featured a nice mix of new and up-coming stars with some well deserved nods for veterans.  They also avoided rubber-stamping certain veterans (some surprisingly) and some not so surprisingly. 

I was especially excited to see both Maren Morris and Carrie Underwood earn the nominations they did.  It is always nice to see fresh talent and new blood break out, and holy cow did Maren Morris break out in a big way.  I am not sure what she may win, but I cannot see her going 0-5.  I can see her most likely winning Best New Artist of even Female Vocalist of the year.  It would be cool is she won Album of the Year, but that may be a stretch at this point in her career. 

It was great to see Carrie Underwood get recognized with an EoTY nomination.  It was truly deserved this past year and she would make a more than worthy winner, although I do not see that happening (it will most likely go to either Stapleton or Bryan).  If she does not win there, than there is a very good chance she wins Female Vocalist of the Year.

I love Miranda Lambert as much as anyone, but I am really glad to see they did not rubber-stamp her in EoTY.  She simply did not do enough (or really much of anything honestly) this past year to warrant that kind of nomination.  And that is not a knock or slam towards her, as she had a really quiet year.  And after the public divorce and drama she endured, I cannot blame her for taking some time off.  I am very excited for her new album to come out.  Although I love her a ton, I am hoping she does not win Female Vocalist of the Year.  She really has no business winning that award either.  It really should go to either Underwood, Morris, or even Ballerini.

Even though Luke Bryan is the reigning two time CMA Entertainer of the Year, I cannot help but feel Chris Stapleton will win the award this year.  Winning CMA EoTY would be the cherry on the Sundae for the incredible year he had, which all basically started with his breakout performance and showing at last years CMA awards.  No matter what happens here, I think he is a lock for male vocalist of the year.  When the CMA’s love you, they really love you, and I can see him winning this award for years to come.

I kind of feel bad for Dierks Bentley.  I am so happy to see him earn some great nominations this year, but like always, I do not see him winning any of them.  I actually want him to win Music Video of the Year for “Somewhere on a Beach” but I think Tim McGraw has that locked for “Humble and Kind”.  I really think he deserves to win for Musical Event of the Year with Elle King for “Different for Girls” but knowing his history with the CMA’s I am not betting on that.

I love Lady Antebellum and Little Big Town, but neither really should win Group of the Year.  That really should go to Old Dominion or any of the other two for that matter.  I have no idea what either Little Big Town or Lady Antebellum did to earn a nomination here, much less the win.

And ughh, I hate to be that guy, but I cannot understand nor stand the CMA’s endless obsession with Florida Georgia Line.  I get the feeling they will win Vocal Duo yet again.  If you ask me, this award should really go to either Brothers Osborne or Dan+Shay.

Maybe worst of all, how the hell is Cole Swindell nominated for New Artist of the Year this year when he was just nominated for this exact same award in 2014?  That may be the worst nomination of the whole year.  I could have swore they had rules in place to prevent something like this form happening.  Honestly I would be pretty pleased and happy if anyone but him won best new Artist, as I am a fan of all of them.

I love Eric Church and am really rooting for him to win, but I get the feeling he might go home empty handed.  I think his best shot might be in Album of the Year for “Mr. Misunderstood”.  I would really love for him to win for either Song of the Year or Single of the Year, but I see him losing out to either “Die A Happy Man”, “Humble and Kind” or even “My Church”.  Consider this one of those times where I hope I am wrong.

Sorry for the long post, but I cannot help but be super excited for this years CMA Awards.  Considering it is the 50th anniversary, I am hoping it is one of the best yet and truly special.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Topics:

My big question is what is going to happen at the beginning of the show? I’ve seen the TV commercial that says during the first ten minutes of the show, something history making is supposed to happen. I would love to see Shania Twain sing something new since its been 14 years now since her last album of all new material.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    espnfan
    Topics:

^I’ve been wondering the same thing and I am not sure either. I am kind of hoping and thinking they may somehow pull of the ultimate collaboration and have all the artist of “Forever Country” perform the song to kick off the 50th CMA’s.

I do not know what else to call it besides historic if they can get 30-40 of the greatest country artists and legends of now, then, and forever together to perform at once. I am sure that would be one hell of a show stopper and one heck of a way to kick off their 50th anniversary.

I have no idea if Shania Twain is performing or not (if she is they are doing a great job of keeping it a secret) but no matter what I hope she is involved in the show somehow, most likely as a presenter. It would be a shame and almost wrong to have such a major anniversary and not include one of country music’s most beloved and successful artist ever as a part of it. Maybe I am biased as I am a long time fan of hers, but I’m really hoping she is there tomorrow night.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    espnfan
    Topics:

I’m pretty sure I have mentioned this before, but I absolutely hate the pop/country mash ups they have been doing lately at the CMA’s. Sorry but Ariana Grande and Fall Out Boy have no business performing their hits at the CMA awards. I love Meghan Trainor as much as anyone, but did we really need to hear “All About that Bass” yet again? Country music is such a special and powerful genre of it’s own that the CMA’s should not need to pander to anyone else. Hopefully this year they stick to Country and only country, as it’s pretty darn amazing in it’s own right.

And while I have always felt awards shows should honor and recognize the current year’s crop of nominees first and foremost, I really hope the CMA’s take a chance to honor some of the true legends and past CMA winners this year. I know they are having a special tribute to Dolly Parton. But I hope they also have a chance to honor individuals such as Vince Gill, George Straight, Loretta Lynn, Willie Nelson, etc. Even simply having living legends like the above present an award would be a nice nod to them.

No matter what, I am super excited for the 50th Anniversary of the CMA Awards and cannot wait for the show tomorrow night.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Topics:

^^^ Amen to that! If a pop act has to be a part of the show, the least that they can do is sing something that is country music since country music is what the show is supposed to be about.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, if a duet is going to be done, it should be between a country act of today and a country act of the past. Non country acts get the majority of the American Music awards, the Grammy awards, etc. anyway and so in my opinion, the country music award shows should consist of just that: country music.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Topics:

Earlier today the Vocal Event of the Year award was given to Dierks and Elle King and the Video of the Year award was given to Chris Stapleton.

God bless you and him and Dierks and Elle always!!!

Holly

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Topics:

Congrats to Thomas Rhett on his Single of the Year award win and to the writer of “Humble And Kind”, Lori McKenna that is, for her Song Of The Year award win!

God bless you and her and Thomas always!!!

Holly

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Longoria
    Topics:

Is it just me or does Carrie Underwood sound absolutely atrocious tonight. And of course, they have her singing at every given opportunity. Ugh.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Topics:

^^^ To me that is no different from how she normally sounds.

I thank Trisha Yearwood for singing “I Never Promised You A Rose Garden” from my late beautiful precious Billy Joe Royal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHnVomevDWg

God bless you and her and his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. Yes, I am well aware that Lynn Anderson is the one who had the song go to radio, but my late beautiful precious is the one who did the song first.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    romit98
    Topics:

Eric Church unsurprisingly won Album of the Year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Topics:

Congrats to Eric Church on his Album of the Year award win and to Brothers Osborne for their Duo of the Year award win! (smiles)

God bless you and them and Eric always!!!

Holly

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.